Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,958

Octane

So I'm keeping track of some rumours, and here's another one; http://imgur.com/a/LlEOG It's a week old at this point, but we're getting new info soon, so let's see how much of it was true. I had seen this leak before, but this link contains all the info, and more drawings I hadn't seen before.

Octane

IceClimbers

UB-01 is totally Lillie.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FriedSquid

Type Null is actually not a bad concept... A botched, chimera-like experiment Pokemon is not a terrible idea (it is similar to Mewtwo and Genesect but at least it takes a darker turn)

I wouldn't hate it so much if it weren't so ugly.

There also seems to be more to it based on the info from the website. It also mentions its mask containing its power, and being so heavy that it inhibits the Pokemon's agility. Makes me think there could be a form of it without the mask on.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Pokefanmum82

Sun and Moon should be interesting with them being 12 hours apart. I can't wait to play these games. I might have buy them both for myself. I'll download Moon and have a physical copy of Sun.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Octane

@Tsurii Me too, I was expecting another type at first.. It has to be the most confusing Pokemon name of all time.

@IceClimbers I looked it up, and it's that character from a few trailers ago.. I can see that happening.. Maybe? It is said that it's constantly changing shapes though, so maybe this is just one form of many? Also, is there a UB-02? Probably. What type are they? Are they even Pokemon? Can you catch them? So many questions.. It kinda reminds me of a canon MissingNo.

Octane

Araquanid

Type: Null has to be one of the darkest looking pokemon design I've ever seen.. atleast from my perspective of what it is.

I'm down for weird names.. but Type: Null just doesn't make sense to me, type would clearly mean its a specific entity or part of a specific class or position, and Null means worthless, no value, and just plain 0. So... "Class: Worthless?" or "Class: 0?" Such weird word choosing, it was made during medieval times to combat something strong but its worthless? (was there even an irl medieval hawaii?)

Its legs look like a FNAF springtrap cosplay went wrong and destroyed/became its legs.. the Mask looks like a torture device around its head with how tight it is and how the spikes around its neck are... I'm staying away from tumblr... The blue tail with the burnt looking body looks like it had its fur burnt off.. this thing looks so abused and tortured in design. Its a worthless pokemon tortured and changed into this abused looking creature, But I like it.

Alola Raticate is fat.

Jangmo-o is strange, it looks like cranidos on all 4s, paler, and the name is hard to say. Hopefully it'll have some sick evos cause this form doesn't do it for me.

UB-01 I don't know if its a pokemon since it just makes overworld appearences, but it looks cool hopefully there is more to the UBs like the gen 4 lake spirits, lots of legends this gen would be nice like in gen 4, give us a lot to look out for.

Also in a japanese trailer this was seen in a brief frame:

Untitled

looks like a cutiefly evolution.

You can see it at 1:01.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Juice-

Alright, so Team Skull was most likely a red herring. Seems like this Aether Foundation is our true antagonistic organization. They're too nice, even for Pokemon character standards. It's like a horror story where you get invited into someone's home, and they put on these really wide smiles and give you the best rooms, the best service, and absolutely exquisite meals, but they're actually serial killers and they're going to chop you up and hide you in the basement when you fall asleep. The organization just gives me the creeps, y'know? It doesn't help that they seem to have something to do with Ultra Beasts, which are chimera like Pokemon made to rival the power of Legendary Pokemon. Seems a little sketchy to me, and all of their non stop talk about loving Pokemon oh-so-much? Yeah, doesn't seem genuine at all. It's almost as if their whole "help the Pokemon, save the environment" thing is a cover up for their shady experiments...

This is already looking to have more depth than X and Y. I wonder if they had the Pokemon Black and White guys working on this one. The same abundance of depth and story seems to be there.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Octane

@Tsurii I think you're spot on with that last prediction. Type: Null is supposed to be some kind of failed experiment. Probably the result of an experiment that lead them to create the UB Pokemon.

Octane

-Juice-

Tsurii wrote:

I really like Jangmo-o actually. I hope we're finally getting a more traditional (European) dragon. Something like the true elder dragons in MonHan (Teostra, Alatreon etc) would be rad. UB-01 (Ultra Beast 1?) reminds me of XD-001/Shadow Lugia. I hope it's something like that and that it gets an actual name later in in the story. I could see the protagonists encounter it for the first time in the first half of the story before the beasts true natures are revealed.

And while we're talking about the true nature of stuff...I'm fully expecting something similar to Gen 3 with Team Skull and the Aether Foundation. My money is on neither being what they appear to be at first glance and I bet that the blonde Skull guy left the AF and took Type: Null with him at some point. I don't see why he would have that thing on his team otherwise because it doesn't strike me as something more "generic" you could just catch out in the wild.

Pretty much. Team Skull just seems to be be there to distract you from the real problem, and they might be stealing Pokemon to protect them, but the protagonist will only realize that later on.

"This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing. The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation. The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility. To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

Araquanid

Wish that japanese music at the beginning stuck with the NA games.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Late

This is the first time I'm actually intrigued by the story in a Pokémon game. So, here's some speculation from my part.

I'd guess the Aether Foundation is behind Type: Null and UB-01 (= Lillie). They have a nice laboratory (Japanese trailer) and as many have said, they feel like the true evil team. I'd be more surprised if they aren't. Team Skull will probably seem like the bad guys at first but they'll help you out once the story progresses. Then there's the Team Skull's enforcer: Gladion. I'd say he was part of Aether but left. He has a Type: Null (again, watch the Japanese trailer) and for some reason he's really showing off his arms. It kind of reminds me of Blaine in Pokémon Adventures manga. He had pain in his arm due to using his own DNA to create Mewtwo but thanks to it, he was also later able to control Mewtwo. I doubt there's a connection but hey, they acknowledged Pokémon Snap. (Awesome!) One thing I'm dumbfounded by at the moment is how, if at all, the mascots are related to all this. Even Zygarde was given more attention.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

FriedSquid

I think with how little we know so far, people are reaching a little too much to make the Aether Foundation seem like the bad guys. True, they are suspicious, and I have no doubt that they could be more evil than they appear, but we have no evidence of that being true yet. So far I can't see any connection they have to Type Null and UB-01 (besides that they are researching UB-01 which probably means they don't know very much about it)

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

-Juice-

@FriedSquid You mean besides the fact that Alola is largely natural and wild, yet the Aether Organization inhabits an artificial and purely technological island and the fact that Team Skull has no known scientists, but Aether DOES? Not to mention Team Skull's enforcer shares design traits with the president of Azoth, and also happens to have an artificial abomination? What about the fact that UB-1 appears in Aether's own institution?

Putting two and two together isn't really hard here, and it's far from being a logical leap. It all just fits together. Creating artificial Pokemon is already inhumane and unethical, but creating them for the purpose of making Pokemon that rival mythical Pokemon? That's pretty immoral. The only scientist we've seen so far is a part of Aether, and someone has to be making these genetic abominations.

Edited on by -Juice-

Eel

I'll call it right now: team aether will be the real villains.

Also, does this mean Moon will be night during the day? O.o

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Meowpheel wrote:

Also, does this mean Moon will be night during the day? O.o

Looks like that's the case.

Octane

FriedSquid

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

You mean besides the fact that Alola is largely natural and wild, yet the Aether Organization inhabits an artificial and purely technological island and the fact that Team Skull has no known scientists, but Aether DOES?

I'm not going to say that isn't suspicious, but it doesn't mean Aether is evil. Team Magma had scientists, Team Aqua didn't, and both were the evil teams. But still, in the end, both ended up being "good". I don't think scientists = evil in Pokemon terms.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Not to mention Team Skull's enforcer shares design traits with the president of Azoth, and also happens to have an artificial abomination?

I'm really not even sure what you're talking about here, and besides I don't think the anime has that much relation to the games.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

What about the fact that UB-1 appears in Aether's own institution?

It's hard to say, especially when we don't know the true nature of UB-01. But all three characters looked surprised that it appeared there, and it says that it doesn't appear to have a mind or will of its own (so it probably didn't appear there on purpose by itself). My guess is that during that event is when you first see it in-game, and from there is when Aether begins researching it.

It may not have appeared for Aether specifically, but maybe it follows the player during their journey. It's also still unclear why it looks like Millie, even if it does have something to do with Aether.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Creating artificial Pokemon is already inhumane and unethical, but creating them for the purpose of making Pokemon that rival mythical Pokemon?

I don't think it's a rule that artificial Pokemon have to be evil, just look at Magearna. Type Null was created for a "mission", so it puzzles me why Gladion commands it. I still think we can't be sure of who created it and what its purpose is. (but if anything, @Tsurii 's theory makes the most sense to me)

Anyways, I'm not saying you're wrong, or that anyone here is wrong for that matter. Just that there's not enough concrete evidence for me to personally believe that Aether is evil (though they are suspicious) and that they are somehow connected to Type Null and UB-01 (despite how little we know about both).

And now that it looks like we won't be returning to Kalos, and instead researchers have come to Alola for Zygarde, we still don't know what its role in this mess is either.

Until we get more information I'm just going to let these mysteries unfold in the game and not rely on theories that can barely answer all the unanswered questions there still are.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
My Squidloggery

Eel

He meant "the president of Aether", not Azoth.

The Inforcer has the same eye, skin and hair color as Lillie and the Aether President.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.