Forums

Topic: Pokemon Shuffle

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,189

Xyphon22

Yeah, but usually I can beat the first boss battle itemless, even when it's level 50. If I am having to start using items at level 15, I'm not even going to bother with this one. I almost never use the things I win anyways, so there's no real point in it for me.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

maceng

@sillygostly I think that Glalie would have been a more solid choice to candied. (yes it needs 7 instead of 3), but one of the disruptions can be almost fully cleared by it. You could take smiling Snovern (Mega Boost +) with you for an even quicker evolving. My team is M-Glalie (fully candied), smiling Snovern and Mamoswine and I'm usually taking 3 moves on each stage of the Safari.

For the EB, fully RMLed and SL5 Virizion and Bellossom are paying up, as well as Shaymin-L (SL5).

maceng

maceng

@Rikaria You are too late: Blazed thru the new stages and M-Aggron is already maxed (but with no candies... yet).

Scored 98.8k (top 30 at the time) with your same team, but Cobalion was SL2 and lvl13. No more runs for me as I'm really behind in the EB.

For everyone: the competition ends on Sunday, one full day before.

maceng

Sisilly_G

The Volcanion escalation battle is proving itself to be a real female Rockruff. I'm either getting lucky at the last moment with Mega Rayquaza or Super Bolting it with Lv. 20 SL5 Angry Pikachu (which does enough damage to kill it with one move in the non-boss stages).

maceng wrote:

For everyone: the competition ends on Sunday, one full day before.

Well, that sucks. Cheers for the heads up. I doubt I would have noticed otherwise.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Late

Some teaser images for 7th generation:
Untitled
Untitled

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Sisilly_G

I hope Alolan Meowth will serve as an alternative to regular Meowth (i.e. a regular stage that offers coins). Ideally, I hope Alolan Meowth offers some more coin over the standard form, even if it's just another 100-200 coins. It's more likely that Gen VII Pokémon will be "special stages" though, at least for the time being.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

maceng

At least the prizes are much better. But the amount of content in one week is too much. Supposedly you need both Armaldo and Cradily, both week's Great Challenges, for the competition, and both can take 5 RMLs, plus, Terrakion has a RML dropping stage. I'm a bit behind in the EB and I'm feeling that it is either finishing the EB and grabbing 3rd or even 4th tier or stopping the EB (already at 399) and focusing on catching the Great Challenges, doing SM over and over again, spending jewels on Victini and grinding Meowth, or biting the bullet and exchange jewels for coins.

This all equals to zero sleep for the week.

maceng

Xyphon22

It's not pay to win. It's pay to get to the top of everything, which is fine if that's your thing. I have caught every Pokemon and S-ranked all but 1 except for about half of the new ones that just came out, and I never finish above the 4th or 5th tier in competitions and usually stop around level 50 on Escalation battles (stopped at 15 this time). You don't need all these Mega Speedups and RMLs and everything. I never use them, and still do everything in the game. Again, if you actually enjoy doing all that, go for it. But I love reading this forum because it sounds like this game has become more of a job than a game for a lot of you.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Sisilly_G

The prizes are great, but all they do is make the rich richer while the poor get poorer. I'll do an all item run a few hours before the competition finishes (as per usual), but I'll leave it at that. I've just caught Armaldo after 14 or so hearts (not wasting Great Balls on such a low catch rate considering that I'll need to grind Meowth for a day just to make up the lost coins), and I'm currently trying to catch Cradily.

I think releasing new RML capable Pokémon right off the bat is a Cradily move though. I wish we could exchange coins/jewels for RMLs/MSUs rather than having to rely on luck-based giveaways.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

maceng

@Xyphon22 I think is a matter of saving coins/jewels/ For example, S-ranking (which, by the way, I'm way behind you) requires either a lot of coins or RMLed Pokemons/candied Pokes. I could S-rank a given Pokemons using all items or everything minus the C-1 with a really strong-, fully RMLed team. Also, the Survival Mode really requires fully RMLed, skill leveled Pokes or..., a mountain of coins. The first time I beat (besides using a glitch), I used like 20k coins; nowadays just a really skilled-up team.

Still, I get what you said, but the moment this becomes a chore I'll leave it.

maceng

maceng

Finally finished the EB! Besides the MSUs, it was awash. I mean, received 10RMLs, but used 2 on Bellossom, 3 on Emolga and 4 on Raikou; received 3SBM and a SBL, but used 2 SBM on Emolga and 2 on Raikou, plus 2 jewels, one on 400 (went without a C-1) and one at 500, and 51.1k coins. Thankfully I can focus on getting Armaldo to lvl15 (now at lvl12) for the comp. Planning on just two full items runs.

maceng

maceng

@Rikaria Thanks God for small favors!! I just couldn't keep up with everything so I forego skilling up Terrakion.

maceng

maceng

This is so relaxing...After catching W-Manaphy (on my first 10 hearts or so) and Amoonguss (?) I have very little to do but S-rank some stages (12 away from Samurott) and grind some coins.

maceng

Late

Some of the Pokémon look different than before. I'm not sure what they did. Is it the coloring? The lighting? The outlines? Anyways, it takes some time to get used to.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Sisilly_G

I noticed that some Pokémon appearances changed quite some time ago, but I couldn't figure out exactly what had been changed as it was very subtle, but different enough to notice (Glalie's sprite instantly springs to mind).

Also bear in mind that the game will now save whenever you use a Great Ball (GAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!), and you will no longer be prompted to confirm whether or not you wish to use items, so don't accidentally tap on that Complexity -1 because the software will no longer ask you whether or not you actually intended to use it.

Those shifty illegitimate children at GS. If they keep this up, I'll rid myself of this game for good, and I will be all the better for it. They have a lot of gall to show such contempt for their userbase. This is such a scummy, scummy, scummy game and yet I've been sucked in, and I'm in way too deep to feel inclined to give up now. -.- Ugh….

Sisilly_G

Aaaarrrrghhh!!! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!! >

I've updated the software, and seeing as I have close to the maximum number of coins, I figured that I'd play Darkrai Stage 175, which I can no longer access without checking in…

And it also seems ridiculous to change the 3DS Menu title screen of the software to include Alolan Pokémon considering that they will not be accessible until after stage… 550+? So any newcomers to the game will certainly have their work cut out for them.

Sisilly_G

NOR will it allow me to access past Main Stage 530!!!

So I can't at least try to plough through some stages to make use of those 10k coins.

Damn you so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much Genius Sorority. What an unbelievable show of contempt.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Sisilly_G

Slight overreaction on my part. I downloaded the extra data, closed the game when it was confirmed that the extra data was added so that I do not receive the check-in bonus right away.

Still, I think GS have already shown enough contempt toward us so my curse still stands.

maceng

Another heads-up: you no longer receive hearts from streetpassing after you clock in more than 9999 streetpasses. They did it a long time for the jewels (not receiving jewels every 100 streetpasses), now they have done it for the hearts.

Also, Mind Zap has been nerfed. One of the most common duos is Shaymin and Bellossom: sleep the Poke with Shaymin, the use Mind Zap to lengthen the counter for disruptions. No longer. It was very useful on some EBs, now it is gone.

Edited on by maceng

maceng

Sorry, this topic has been locked.