Forums

Topic: Mutant Mudds

Posts 101 to 120 of 205

Retro_on_theGo

Oh..my...gosh... ;,(
This game...is so...amaaaazing! This-this is so awesome! My god, I love this so much! The music, the graphics, everything! This kids, is a good game. This! I don't know why but my eye was tearing up at 1-2! D: I can't express how much I love this. I should have never waited so long for this great game. Yes, Sakura Samurai can wait. I love this game.

Chrono_Cross

I just checked and mudtastic isn't even a word. D:

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

I-U

It's one of the few games, if not the only, that I've found to be hard and fun. That's one of the problems I have with many games that are claimed challenging, they end up falling short in providing enjoyment. I personally believe Mutant Mudds has more charm than most Mario games, and due to that charm, it's not that frustrating to fail multiple times and more so there's a desire to continue playing the level, learn the pattern and experience success. The game's very uplifting from its simple colorful cast and world paired with its beautiful soundtrack that it just feels very encouraging to continue on in this game.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Retro_on_theGo

I'm on world 5 now. I went back and got some bonus water sprites. I think I'll just beat the main game then go back and get the rest. This is so great. Glad I picked up up before anything else.
Hey, how much does a developer have to sell to make a profit on the eShop? Based on ratings it has over 1000 copies sold. Has renegade Kid made some dough yet? They deserve every penny for this awesome game!

Martyn

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Hey, how much does a developer have to sell to make a profit on the eShop? Based on ratings it has over 1000 copies sold. Has renegade Kid made some dough yet? They deserve every penny for this awesome game!

Depends on how much it cost them to make it!
we don't have exact figures, and won't ever due to Nintendo policies on it....but Renegade Kid do seem committed to the eShop and posted a teaser for a new game "Bomb Monkey" so it's probably pretty safe to say they're doing okay!

Martyn

shingi_70

Just picked up the game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Kyloctopus

According to 3DS Blog.com Mutant Mudds will get a demo in a few weeks.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Ecto-1

Koops3 wrote:

According to 3DS Blog.com Mutant Mudds will get a demo in a few weeks.

That would be great, as right now, I'm kinda on the fence on this one. It looks great, but right now $9 is a lot to spend on one downloadable, especially when I can pick up 2 virtual console games for the same price.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

I-U

ZeroX wrote:

I might plan on getting it, but it's length worries me. I heard it was really short. Tell me, how many stages/worlds are there?

There are five themes each containing four levels. Each of those four levels includes an additional hidden level which means a total of 40 levels in the game. There are a total of 2000 golden diamonds to collect, and these progressively unlock upgrades Max can use to help him mainly reach secret levels. Collecting the diamonds and discovering the location of hidden level doors adds exploration elements to the platformer, and the upgrades themselves can change the way levels can be completed so it's fun to replay levels with a different upgrade to enjoy an alternate experience out of the level design. I think for the first runthrough of the game you should get anywhere from 5-8 hours out of it, and once you get 100%, probably another 2 hours beating it with the game's best unlockable.

Ecto-1 wrote:

It looks great, but right now $9 is a lot to spend on one downloadable, especially when I can pick up 2 virtual console games for the same price.

The virtual console games are simply ports of much older games where as Mutant Mudds is a completely original, excellent title taking advantage of the system's 3D. Technically, you could also get two VC games for the same price as Pushmo/Pullbox as well. Should original games like Pushmo and Mutant Mudds be priced even with the VC games that have been out for years?

Ecto-1

@I-U

Like I said, it looks great. I'm just on a tight gaming budget, and I want to get the most for my money. I agree that VC games should be cheeper, and I was never intending to question that. I will definitely download it eventually. A demo would help to sell me on the game and influence how soon I download it.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Pogocoop

Well, I finally decided to pick this up , to brighten up my awful day, and I must say, this game is excellence, as much as I would like to list everything wonderful about this game, that would take waaaay to much time, time I could be using to play more freaking Mutant Muds!

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

I-U

This game is incredible. I really can't say that enough. In the midst of earning 100% in the game over and over, I have placed and have since received an order for a big Max t-shirt. That is the first time I recall ever investing in game-related mechandise, and as soon as the shirt came in, I just had to have it on and sit down with Mutant Mudds. What has been captivating me continually more into Mutant Mudds at this point would be its handling of unlocking levels and the quick access to levels. There's 32 Water Sprites across 16 levels that can be collected, and it only takes 15 of them to unlock every level prior to the final area of the game. The game enables itself to reward players by offering them more choices as they continue to collect Water Sprites and golden diamonds. Most games these days on Nintendo systems seem to only allow the player to go from one level to the next, rather than giving the choice to tackle a variety of levels. Quick access has been really awesome, especially when I want to experience levels of different themes back to back, such as 2-4 and 4-1, which just requires a short walk of Max across the straightforward hub-world. No need to travel along a series of dots just to get out of a world, and wait for the next world to load up just to probably again travel along a series of dots to reach the desired level the player would like to replay. With such smooth pace and access, Mutant Mudds allows itself to offer more moments of what it is the best at: platforming.

Xyphon22

I'm assuming it does, but does this game get harder than the demo shows? Not just beating it, but collecting everything, too. I got all 100 sprite things in every level of the demo pretty easily. I'd like as much replayability as possible for a $9 download game, so does this one have that? Because I thought the demo was a lot of fun but still not sure about buying it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.