Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 361 to 380 of 716

Spoony_Tech

@Samus7Killer Maybe for you but Atlus still has a few games I want coming out over the next 6 months or so.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Samus7Killer Um, um, and um! Yeah those 3 games.....

Oh and Pokemon of which I don't really care about. I still consider Pokemon Nintendo btw.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

Bleh Pokemon rehash.
Samus the Queen of Nintendo.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Eel

Aaahh I can't wait to relive the story of that time Samus basically made everything worse.

You know, killing all the apex predators keeping a parasitic monster under control which ended with her getting infected by said monster which ended with the destruction of the entire planet, imprinting herself with the baby, which made her realize she has family issues, keeping said baby as a pet, which gave the pirates AND the federation the chance to clone more metroids... Which directly led to the events of Other M.

Good times. And it all started in this one game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Samus7Killer

Meowpheel wrote:

Aaahh I can't wait to relive the story of that time Samus basically made everything worse.

You know, killing all the apex predators keeping a parasitic monster under control which ended with her getting infected by said monster which ended with the destruction of the entire planet, imprinting herself with the baby, which made her realize she has family issues, keeping said baby as a pet, which gave the pirates AND the federation the chance to clone more metroids... Which directly led to the events of Other M.

Good times. And it all started in this one game.

let's not talk about OtherM.... Ssssshhhhhh!! Hust It!
Let's talk about the awesome sequel of Super Metroid... How awesome would it be if the team behind Samus Returns remade Super Metroid for Switch.

Samus7Killer

Tyranexx

I actually liked the set up for Fusion that Metroid II facilitated. Still an excellent game despite its pseudo-linearity, IMO.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Samus7Killer

Fusion is a phenomenal game as well.
The GBA games are fantastic.
I might just play through Zero Mission this week on WiiU VC.

Samus7Killer

Dezzy

I've still only played Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 1.

This might be my third Metroid game. Does anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Samus7Killer

@Dezzy smh @ "This might be my third Metroid game."
You should really play Zero Mission. After SR maybe a quick run through super then Fusion.

Samus7Killer

Masticore

I have played 3 Metroid games: Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime (20% of Prime 2, too little to judge) And they were all outstanding experiences on their own. All the games I´ve played afterhand, not to their actual release times, all after 2009 and forward, and to me even the 1st Metroid holds up wel´l, had a blast with the NES mini playing it. Just pre-oredered Samus Return´, so looking forward to it.
To the ones doubting bcuz Mercurysteam is involved: To me their Castlevania might not follow too much of the metroidvania formula but was on it´s own a great game to it´s respective franchise. The 3D graphics are one of the best for the 3ds up to date. The only letdown would be the savepoints during boss fights. Hopefully that won´t occur in Samus returns. Buts so far the ones who actually played Samus Returns seems to comfirm that the difficulty of the game is kinda oldschool, that in the beginning Samus can die fastly within few hits

Edited on by Masticore

Masticore

Dezzy

@Samus7Killer

I have them both on the Wii U eshop.

Just haven't got round to playing them. Also have the prime trilogy on Wii. Are Prime 2 and 3 really worth playing or are they just more of the same?

meleebrawler

@Dezzy Prime 2 and 3 may have similar controls and collect-a-thon mentalities, but they have differences in mechanics and environments that give them each a different feel. For better or worse, depending on your perspective.

2 is generally considered the hardest of the trilogy due to some difficult bosses, a dark world that can damage you constantly and limited beam ammo that no other game in the series uses. This gives the game a slight survival horror theme since even though Samus is much more capable than a typical protagonist of the genre, you never feel totally comfortable. Enemies also like to pop in out of nowhere to surprise you.

3 is more combat-oriented with a greater number of action set-pieces and emphasis on Space Pirates. You have a hypermode that supercharges you in combat but drains your health when used, making health management a must.

Both games are also more explicitly driven narratively than the first, especially Corruption.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Dezzy

Meowpheel wrote:

Curiously enough I also bought the trilogy on the wiiu and only played the first one.

That's exactly what I did.

Tyranexx

I've played all the 2D Metroid games up to this point, and I've played Prime 1 and 2. I plan on playing Corruption sometime in the next few months and Samus Returns will likely be sooner than that.

I'm still kicking around getting Other M just to see if the narrative is as bad as the internet makes it out to be. I currently plan on skipping Hunters and Federation Force, though.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Samus7Killer

OtherM has lotsa other issues besides cringe story and characterization. The game itslef is aweful. Its basic and even locks you out from doing backtracking if you miss something... that's not what Metroid's about. Such a dumb game. I rented it for 5 bucks at gamestop and returned it the next day day for a full refund.

Samus7Killer

JaxonH

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will probably remain my favorite game of all time. It's just so good.

When I played it, I had no preconceptions or expectations, and all the time in the world. That game was just incredible. And the boss fights... my goodness. Probably the best boss fights in any video game I've ever played. And I just loved that whole "Zelda Link Between Worlds" theme. Switching between Light and Dark Aether was part of the environmental puzzles. It was a difficult game, that I won't argue. But it wasn't "Dark Souls" difficult. It's totally doable.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic