Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 261 to 280 of 716

FX102A

@zyn I'm actually glad it doesn't as i'm buying the game anyway so at least the console isn't £30-£40 more expensive because of a digital copy pre-installed like the Majora Mask one.

Although I wouldn't have minded a physical copy bundled in that I could have shelved or sold on.

Edited on by FX102A

FX102A

zyn

@FX102A Trying to get the collectors edition on release day since it is sold out everywhere otherwise I will take the normal edition on release first.

Edited on by zyn

zyn

Samus7Killer

Cant wait for this game. Game gonna be goood.

Samus7Killer

Grumblevolcano

Now for some unfortunate news. According to a Game Informer interview with Sakamoto, the future of 2D Metroid will be determined by Metroid Samus Returns' sales.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Well, it is a really awesome looking Metroid on a very successful platform. If it doesn't sell well then I don't think 2D Metroid deserves another game, tbh.

But it'll sell well. Even people who have moved onto Switch are excited for this game. It was listed as a bestseller on Amazon, and it's gotten a lot of press and it's getting it's own amiibo and Limited Edition, even its own special edition hardware... Every Metroid game has typically sold between 1-2 million copies (excluding Prime 2 which didn't quite reach a million). I have no doubt that Samus Returns will do the same- in fact it may even do a little better simply because people have been crying out for a Metroid game for so long, and because everything about it just looks so perfect, and I think gamers today are a little more aware of great games than gamers were 10 years ago.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH But still, think about how close we were to Fire Emblem being completely dead. Fortunately Awakening was a mega hit but if it wasn't then another of Nintendo's wonderful IPs would be gone.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Well sure, but the series was going downhill for 20 some odd years. There has to come a point where you draw a line in the sand.

With Metroid, it's not like they're saying the future of the series depends on the success of this game. They just want to see how much people like the 2D style and whether it should be a focus going forward

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

I'm in agreement with @JaxonH. With all the coverage that Samus Returns has received, plus a fanbase starved for 2D Metroid, along with any potential fans brought in by AM2R....I can't see this game NOT doing well.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

zyn

I was going to buy a Switch in September. Then found out there will be a new Metroid game which doesn't look awkward. Then found out there will be a special console for it.

So I'm going to buy the Samus 3DS next month and hope to get the collector's edition as well on release day!

I'm a little sad because it is no true 2D but anyway I'm hyped!

zyn

Samus7Killer

Im buying it day 1! Maybe buy the collectors edition if its avail on BB. Maybe keep that copy unopened and buy a regualr copy as well!

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Octane

It's kinda weird how they churn out Kirby games every year, doesn't matter if they sell a million or not, because there's already another one on its way. But for Metroid it all depends on the success of one game...

Octane

JoyBoy

@Octane But they do don't they? Kirby consistently sells a million if i'm not mistaken.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Grumblevolcano

@Spanjard Not always, just the retail games with the traditional Kirby gameplay. Digital exclusives and spinoffs with different gameplay don't reach 1 million.

Grumblevolcano

JoyBoy

@Grumblevolcano You said it yourself. They are not true kirby games. If anything, it tells Nintendo to make more "real" traditional kirby games.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Octane

@Spanjard I know, but it's a bit silly to let a remake on an old platform determine the future of the 2D Metroid games. I mean, it'll probably sell well, but still...

I actually wish Nintendo made more experimental Kirby games. 64, Epic Yarn and Rainbow Curse are among the better entries in the franchise IMO. Seeing the the new ''generic'' Kirby game for Switch did nothing for me.

Octane

Samus7Killer

How could we let Kirby (a stupid pink glob) outshine Metroid?!
Shame on all Nintendo fans and Nintendo themselves!

Samus7Killer

JoyBoy

@Octane I agree about the remake argument although in this case you could argue it's almost a new game entirely. Gameboy black/white to 3ds is quite a big leap.

A more strong example would be Capcom making a decision in terms of support based on the sales of a retro game for 40,-

SW-7849-9887-2074

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic