Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,590

Retro_on_theGo

Kiddies, the Fiend's Couldren is amazing.
I loved the idea at first, but when I saw the intensity lowers every time you die I got mad. What a way to make it super easy, Sakurai- I thought. But after dieing a few more times something snapped. Screw 1-ups and worry about starting the level over again! With the Fiend's Couldren you got to worry about dieing and the game becoming too easy. This is ingenious. This motivates me to not die more than having to star a whole level or world over ever could. This game is pure pure WIN!
Also the boss fights get more and more fun every chapter. I love chap 12's boss so much!

noname001

This game is fantastic. I'm bouncing between solo and multi; multi gives me good weapons and guaranteed fun, and the solo is always blowing my mind.

This my seem weird, but does this game remind anyone of Crystal Bearers on Wii? Something about it...

noname001

IAmNotWill

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I loved the idea at first, but when I saw the intensity lowers every time you die I got mad. What a way to make it super easy, Sakurai- I thought. But after dieing a few more times something snapped. Screw 1-ups and worry about starting the level over again! With the Fiend's Couldren you got to worry about dieing and the game becoming too easy. This is ingenious. This motivates me to not die more than having to star a whole level or world over ever could. This game is pure pure WIN!
Also the boss fights get more and more fun every chapter. I love chap 12's boss so much!

You find that a good thing? That's the only thing I don't like, especially when I turn up the Intensity and I lose so many hearts.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Retro_on_theGo

IAmNotWill wrote:

Retro_on_TheGo wrote:

You find that a good thing? That's the only thing I don't like, Especially when I turn up the intensity and lose so many hearts.

No, that's exactly it!
I HATED that at first! So much! But think about it. The game has no one ups. If it weren't for the Fiend's Couldren there would be no consequences for dying..
Look at Sonic Generations. Its a great game and I love it, but there is no reason to be worried about dieing. Game Over? Whatever, just start the level over. In KI:U there is a real reason to bother to stay alive. Plus you get a much better reward if you day stay alive. And it's not like getting hearts is hard.
I ended up liking it when I realized its potential.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

TeeJay

Wow. The story was taken to a whole new level from chapter 18 onwards. Holy hell. It's ingenious.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IAmNotWill

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Retro_on_TheGo wrote:

You find that a good thing? That's the only thing I don't like, Especially when I turn up the intensity and lose so many hearts.

No, that's exactly it!
I HATED that at first! So much! But think about it. The game has no one ups. If it weren't for the Fiend's Couldren there would be no consequences for dying..
Look at Sonic Generations. Its a great game and I love it, but there is no reason to be worried about dieing. Game Over? Whatever, just start the level over. In KI:U there is a real reason to bother to stay alive. Plus you get a much better reward if you day stay alive. And it's not like getting hearts is hard.
I ended up liking it when I realized its potential.

I just don't like the game getting easier on me. When I die I want to try the same level again with the same amount of challenge. I don't mind losing hearts as much, that could've been the penalty on it's own.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Late

I don't like the difficulty drop thing just because it seems to get too easy every time if I die once. Good thing I haven't died for a while.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Chaoslink1

I so far have only played around 2.0 intensity because i still wanna get used to all the levels and beat the game without dying to many times. But after i beat it, i will try harder intensity levels to unlock new areas and get more hearts and treasure (so far im at chapter 15)

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

buddakeks

Ok I love the game and all, BUT i got one serious question:

I have absolutely no idea what the weapon-bonuses do. There tons of different bonuses, but i can't find any description of them. The game didn't come with a real manual and the one on the cartridge doesn't tell me about the weapons. Did I miss something?

Also: Some weapons seem to do damage over time (DoT), without having a bonus like "Posion+1" or something.
Is there any information about this?

Edited on by buddakeks

3DS-FC: 4511-0483-5718
Wii-FC: 5710-9774-9328-9640

Birdman

@buddakeks - I'm sure when the OST comes out in two weeks there'll be someone here who could inform the rest of us about it ...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

scakko84

The multiplayer of this game is a blast, two days in, i don't remember the last time i had so much fun.
I guess it was while playing PowerStone with my friends. good ol' times.

scakko84

3DS Friend Code: 4468-0956-6249 | Nintendo Network ID: Scakko | Twitter:

Papa_Godzilla

this game is hard when you crank intensity !!! didnt have a challenge like this in the past few games i played.

you can feel the art direction from smash brothers all over the place. the best 3DS game to date ! glad they took this much time to finish it!

Papa_Godzilla

Late

Just visited records section for the first time. You can find all kind of scores there. Took a look at my online mode stats, here's some of mine: 97 matches played, 65 matches won (Light vs. Dark), 226 opponents defeated.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Whopper744

This game is great!! Some levels take a really long time to get through though....no spoilers so that's all I'm saying about that.
I much prefer using the ABXY buttons instead of the touch screen for ground battle though. It does make air battle a little more tricky but it works ok too. Been trying to go through most of the game at difficulty 3 or a little higher at first....but I've still died like twice. I wish I could say the level I'm on but I'm not so sure if that would be a spoiler or not...
For the online, it's a lot of fun, but man....some people are insane on there! I got third both times I played free for all. The guy who got first had some dark looking sword I don't have yet, and was like, disapearing, and reapearing and running faster than Sonic the Hedgehog....I hope he wasn't cheating... Maybe he just right fully kicked my butt. haha. Did ok though. 3rd out of 6 people isn't bad I guess.
My weapon of choice so far, I believe is the fortune bow. I think I have some better weapons but I really like this one. (and it's one of the AR cards I started with)

Edited on by Whopper744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

bonesy91

SPOILER

just got to the pirate ship level. The first part of it just looked amazing!

End Spoiler

Still loving the Online. It's just so intense haha. 35 kills so far and won 7 Dark vs light matches. The story is still pretty good, but the chaos infused Multiplayer has taken up a majority of my time with it so far

Oh and I still have not received my Cards from Club Nintendo even though they shipped out a week ago

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Ecto-1

I haven't gotten the cards either. Seems kinda strange as I just got the Luigi pouch that I ordered the day after I got the email that my cards had shipped.

The pouch is great though.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Whopper744

Well, glad I'm not the only one who didn't get the card from Club Nintendo yet.....well not really glad about it, but it's nice to know it's not just me...if that makes sense...annyyway.
What difficulty is everyone else playing on mostly?? I must sort of suck, cause I've been playing through on level 3.1 or so (except I beat Chapter 1 on level 7 pretty easily) and I've died twice. I'm about halfway through the game...again, don't want to give away spoilers as to where exactly that is.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

pikku

Wow, Chapter 5, absolutely blew me away, so beautiful

Also, I loved when Palutena split the ocean for Pit in chapter 6, that was gorgeous.

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic