Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 701 to 720 of 5,116

TheConsonant

pariah164 wrote:

For those who are playing FE for the first time (like me), is picking Casual a bad thing? A lot of FE fans have flamed me for saying I'm picking casual when I get the game.

Also, side note... The tiny feet on the sprites bother me something fierce. Am I alone?

Most fans think that it changes how the game is played, I believe this as well, and that it turns it into a game that doesn't require as much strategy. I don't have a problem with people picking it though, while it may not be what FE should be it gets other people playing.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

e-love

pariah164 wrote:

For those who are playing FE for the first time (like me), is picking Casual a bad thing? A lot of FE fans have flamed me for saying I'm picking casual when I get the game.

This is my first Fire Emblem as well.

I'm highly considering Classic Mode because I feel its part of the experience, and pretty much what makes the series unique when it comes to the importance of each decision you make. If you're one of those people who won't enjoy a game if it gets too frustrating, then go with Casual Mode. It's your choice, and really whatever makes you enjoy the game better.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Lan

I think casual would take a lot of the magic away. I wholeheartedly recommend playing on classic. It'll be much more tense, and much more rewarding.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

moomoo

pariah164 wrote:

All it does is remove permadeath. I'd wager you'd get the same kind of strategic difficulty from having casual mode on hard as someone using classic on normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

pashaveliki

pariah164 wrote:

Also, side note... The tiny feet on the sprites bother me something fierce. Am I alone?

If you enjoy playing casual, play casual. what other people say/think/do is not going to make you like a game more/less...

Also... the feet don't bother me per se, but then again I was the only person in my dorm that liked Wind Waker when it launched back in the day... and WW had the same peg feet thing.

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

pashaveliki

TheLilK98 wrote:

The only way the feet would be a deal breaker is if you have a fetish.

hahahahaha! nice!

pashaveliki

3DS Friend Code: 3024-5201-8983 | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Less than 2 weeks now! Ugh I wish i was playing this game right now.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

R-L-A-George

Download or retail if I get it, I know one is cheaper in some regions in the eshop.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

pariah164

... Nope. Still picking Casual. Thanks though.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

Snagrio

Ah, there was another question I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting. The demo mentions for casual mode that you can save at any time. So does that mean you have to be at designated areas to save progress in Classic mode?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Happy_Mask

WingedFish wrote:

Ah, there was another question I've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting. The demo mentions for casual mode that you can save at any time. So does that mean you have to be at designated areas to save progress in Classic mode?

You can still suspend at any point though I think. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Spoony_Tech

Pretty much what it means is you can save and if you die you can reload it and try again. On classic you can save but its just a quick save. It's gone after you reload it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Snagrio

Happy_Mask wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

You can still suspend at any point though I think. :3

Oh. The way they worded made it sound like you couldn't save at any time in Classic.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Lan

Got my roommate to start Sacred Stones. Think he's liking it, but he was expecting a smaller cast more akin to a Final Fantasy game

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

TheConsonant

Lan wrote:

Got my roommate to start Sacred Stones. Think he's liking it, but he was expecting a smaller cast more akin to a Final Fantasy game

Make sure he does support convos so he can get to know the characters better, he'd probably be disappointed by most of the minor units habing little to do with the main story.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I can now download this game 29 times! 32 gigs FTW!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Aqueous

Casual is likely a safe way to run through the game on your first time to get use to things. I don't see it as a weakness, more a way to get through the game with little frustration. That being said I'm jumping right into Lunatic on classic.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

e-love

Does this game have multiple files?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.