Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Echoes

Posts 101 to 120 of 280

TOUGHDUDE94

I do feel this is not a full budget game like the past two on the 3DS.I do feel this is the end of the mode for babies(the phynixs mode my spelling is off)But we are still getting story mode(causal mode)that is what mode I am going with.I do think going on their would be causal and classic mode.I think it will not sell as well as fates or awakening
I am very sorry if I offended the hardcore fans.But I like the story.(I did not do the support and the bad stuff I just like the story)

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Tyranexx

@Frosty_09: Care explaining the fatigue system? I haven't yet played a FE game with it.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@Frosty_09: Ah, an interesting system indeed, one that I can definitely see positives for. The only thing that I would be concerned about is that some units have better stat gains than others, so I'd be nervous that in some cases I would be forced to use meh units.

My concerns could be unfounded, of course. I played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon fairly recently, and never have the desire to use a unit like Rickard again.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

nf_2

Interesting. I like the idea of encouraging parity among your units, of course I've also been the person relying heavily on the same units for most of the FE titles I've played. If nothing else it definitely adds an interesting wrinkle to approaching different levels, especially if the stats drops are significant.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

CrazedCavalier

@DarthNocturnal It's probably to encourage switching around between Celica's and Alm's sides once you get the ability to do that.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Here's my "type as I watch" deal (saw it last night, but now that the hype isn't as blinding it's worth it):

-Opening music is awesome.

-The Villager's canon classes seem to be Tobin=Archer, Grey=Mercenary, Kliff=Mage, and Faye=Cavalier/Pegasus Knight (they can't seem to decide). Funnily, of the three originals (Tobin, Grey, and Kliff), those where the classes that they were generally used as in OG Gaiden.

-Pegasus Knights can still fly over walls.

-Clair, Clive's sister, is shown-- she's had her hair changed from blue to blonde to match her brother.

-There's a map shown with Berkut as a Gold Knight (other footage has shown him as a Paladin, meaning he'll be a recurring enemy) and the boss, with Fernand also present.

-Group EXP is still in. Noice.

-Villagers keep their color palette no matter what class they go into.

-Food/Provisions menu is shown

-CATRIA!!!

-We see more weapon skills

-During the clips of skills, you can see Baron Valbar and Lukas (Baron is a 3rd tier promotion, two ranks above Soldier and a rank above Knight).

-Atlas is shown-- a Villager on Celica's route (who got incredibly buff)

-Blond-haired Mercenary is Jesse, on Celica's route

-Demonstration of Mila's Turnwheel-- you can turn back time up to three turns, unit by unit, but there's a cool down and other restraints to keep it from being abused

-Judah, a priest of Duma, has gotten a lot uglier

-Celica is seen with a new character entitled "Masked Knight"-- considering his hair and armor color match Celica's, this is probably a relation of hers (in the original Celica was the last surviving member of the Zophian royal family).

-And right after that, OMG Dread Fighter.

-Okay, the gray-skinned lady who's also a Duma worshipper? People have translated her name, and, well... she was a dude in Gaiden. And looked like the Hobgoblin from Spiderman.

Honestly, everything besides the maps look amazing. I know I'm going to have so much more fun with this than Awakening-- if I become super enthused, it may just dethrone SD as my favorite FE game (order for me goes Awakening > Sacred Stones > Fates > Blazing Blade > Shadow Dragon).

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Camus' blond (and didn't wear a mask in Gaiden). This masked knight has the exact same hair color as Celica, not to mention armor color.

And that's simply my personal favorite list-- the middle changes around pretty regularly.

EDIT: Analysis from SF. https://serenesforest.net/2017/03/29/echoes-japanese-introduc...

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

yokokazuo

@Frosty_09
Untitled
Untitled
I guess so haha
I also actually decided to watch the OVA again yesterday

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@Frosty_09 I don't watch many different anime, but having another one based on Fire Emblem would be interesting. I would probably prefer one based on one of the games. I don't really have a specific preference though and I haven't played much of the Jugdral games yet. I think mainly because I'm working on other games in the series first. (Wanting to finish Gaiden before Echoes and I'm also doing the occasional chapter in the New Archanean Chronicles and download episodes of New Mystery.

I've seen a YouTube video suggested to me saying that Yona of the Dawn is a Fire Emblem anime, but haven't seen it myself
Maybe I'll give it a look though.

yokokazuo

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Take a Pokemon Generations approach; I'd sooner take an anthology over anything dedicated towards one game.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Not much new. Suppose we may see some stuff (read: character info on those who've been shown in footgae) in the next Famitsu, followed by a proper site update.

Also, one of the mods on the subreddit posted this image from a source:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296784093188849664/296...
Faye's class options. Cleric, Mage, Pegasus Knight, and Cavalier. Guess it confirms, in a roundabout fashion, that they aren't going to be adding any female Mercenaries or Archers to SoV.

As for Faye herself, she seems to have high strength but low speed and durability. Pegasus Knight either patches things up nicely with the high base speed (you only need 1 speed higher to double in Gaiden) or Cavalier plays to her strengths while patching up her defenses.

yokokazuo

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajjj/sp/0401/index.html
https://serenesforest.net/2017/03/31/fire-emblem-battle-revol...
Fire Emblem: Battle of Revolution has been announced! It seems to be like a spin-off of Gaiden in an Edo period-like world and is done in Gaiden's original 8-bit graphics. Coming April 20th in Japan for Switch and 3DS!
I'll put this next part in spoilers, but I suggest checking the site first!

They had me fooled for a bit at first haha
Edit: and Nintendolife spoiled the joke

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

TOUGHDUDE94

I hope that game was real it would be great.That maybe what fire emblem switch is.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

CrazedCavalier

Welp.
THE ENTIRE JAPANESE ISO HAS LEAKED.
If you're planning on going dark, do it now.
EDIT: Trust me. There's more than just Gaiden spoilers now.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 The postgame dungeon is... look, I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I'll be shocked if you somehow avoid spoilers from it. It's already proven controversial-- somebody's going to put it in some youtube thumbnail or mention it in a hissy rant or barely tiptoe around it. It's that big.

At least the soundtrack is awesome.

CrazedCavalier

@DarthNocturnal It's got some people extremely ticked off, though. It's more that everybody's going to be talking about it one way or the other, so it's going to be hard for people to stay spoiler free.

@Frosty_09 Lemme guess: you listened to that BGM?

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Okay.
Question: how do you do spoiler tags on here?
EDIT: And yeah, not sure why those guys are doing it on SF.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 Ah. I never put the spaces in, so no wonder it didn't work.
Anyways...
https://pastebin.com/ZbevpvF2
A text dump from the bonus dungeon.
Edited because the spoiler tags just didn't work for me.

CrazedCavalier

@Frosty_09 ...Inserting images doesn't work for me.
Let me try:
Untitled
EDIT: Okay. I guess your own spoilers just don't show up for you?

Eel

Your own spoilers should be hidden from yourself too.

Anyway what's this super big spoiler. I don't care about the game so please do spoil me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.