Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 81 to 100 of 2,521

CaviarMeths

If anything is taken from Sacred Stones, I would like it to be the dual narrative. Having to play through the game twice to get the full story was a great idea and I'd like to see it return.

Politically though, I'm not sure what else there is to explore in Magvel. It's such a small continent.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KO-Cub

Chapters like Sacred Stones where you either go one way or the other and play with certain characters the main Lord bring with should be back too. Gives another reason for second playthrough. In Awakening, I saw no point in choosing weather I should give give the Emblem or not if the outcome is going to be the same.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Geonjaha

Birthday_Boy wrote:

Do you think that after the backlash they got from Tomodachi Life that they would add gay marriage in the game?

Probably not. Marriage in Awakening was all about the kids, although I'd be happy with them cutting out the generation aspect in the next game anyway.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

snoopygamer

GamecubeMan wrote:

Anyone know the name of the trailer music during the latter half of the teaser trailer?

I am wondering this too!

snoopygamer

Dezzy

Given that the best thing about Awakening was its gameplay, and the fact that this looks almost identical in gameplay, I'm guessing it'll be good.
Couldn't hurt to chuck in a deeper story this time....

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

@CaviarMeths So you want lower stat caps for variety but fewer class options...for less variety? Wut?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

TingLz wrote:

@CaviarMeths So you want lower stat caps for variety but fewer class options...for less variety? Wut?

There's no contradiction.

Both lowered stat caps and fewer class options would encourage players to make more strategic choices instead of trying to 'brute force' their way through the game. The first generation characters aren't so bad, but the child characters have so many classes and skills available that it's very easy to make a team made up entirely of crazy overpowered children. This really dampens the strategy aspect of the game.

It would be fine if you were only able to use a Second Seal in your base class. Once you've chosen a 2nd tier class though, you should be locked in that branch.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GamecubeMan

snoopygamer wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Anyone know the name of the trailer music during the latter half of the teaser trailer?

I am wondering this too!

If the music is as good as the music we are referring to...... imagine what the whole soundtrack is going to sound like!?!?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

TingLz wrote:

@CaviarMeths So you want lower stat caps for variety but fewer class options...for less variety? Wut?

There's no contradiction.

Both lowered stat caps and fewer class options would encourage players to make more strategic choices instead of trying to 'brute force' their way through the game. The first generation characters aren't so bad, but the child characters have so many classes and skills available that it's very easy to make a team made up entirely of crazy overpowered children. This really dampens the strategy aspect of the game.

It would be fine if you were only able to use a Second Seal in your base class. Once you've chosen a 2nd tier class though, you should be locked in that branch.

And Hard and Lunatic don't exist? It's difficult to "brute force" through them.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GamecubeMan

TingLz wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

TingLz wrote:

@CaviarMeths So you want lower stat caps for variety but fewer class options...for less variety? Wut?

There's no contradiction.

Both lowered stat caps and fewer class options would encourage players to make more strategic choices instead of trying to 'brute force' their way through the game. The first generation characters aren't so bad, but the child characters have so many classes and skills available that it's very easy to make a team made up entirely of crazy overpowered children. This really dampens the strategy aspect of the game.

It would be fine if you were only able to use a Second Seal in your base class. Once you've chosen a 2nd tier class though, you should be locked in that branch.

And Hard and Lunatic don't exist? It's difficult to "Fredrick force" through them.

I fixed your typis Lz!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Oh thanks, here, a Second Seal for you.

Seriously, a limit cap and limited class choice actually decreases variety by a long shot. This argument is the equivalent of arguing about an easy or casual mode. If you don't want to use the seals, then don't use them. No one is forcing you to do so (unless you play the ridiculously hard DLC maps)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FriedSquid

So I doubt this has been brought up, but it's something to think about...

There was a Shin Megami Tensei game released way back on the Super Famicom only in Japan called "Shin Megami Tensei: if..." I find that really interesting as only the Japanese trailer includes the 'If' in the Fire Emblem title, so the title could be referencing the game that only released there.

Now of course, we all know about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, but Fire Emblem 3DS looks to have no connection to SMT, plus we know that SMT x FE will be on Wii U. What I find the most odd, however, is that the two protagonists from SMT: if... appeared in the trailer for SMT x FE.

Coincidence? I think not.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Eel

I am not a fire emblem fan, but I'm mildly interested in this one after the trailer.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sleepingmudkip

What if you can use the link amiibo and link appears in the game.....like sorta like the characters from the outrealm gate

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Twiglingen

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

What if you can use the link amiibo and link appears in the game.....like sorta like the characters from the outrealm gate

If this happens, it would be the best FE ever. I'm just imagining what it would look like.

I wonder what other amiibo they could use to put characters in and what classes they would be. Would they make unique classes for them? I mean they made 4 characters for STEAM so it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Edited on by Twiglingen

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

LzWinky

I think Iwata hinted that there may be some choice system in this game.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SothisPocus

I hope this time around the choices you make influence the game. Unlike Fire Emblem: Awakening were the choices you made didn't really matter. Because you always ended up on the same path.

I don't need several endings. But I want to feel like my choice matters.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

KO-Cub

Sir_Anthony wrote:

I hope this time around the choices you make influence the game. Unlike Fire Emblem: Awakening were the choices you made didn't really matter. Because you always ended up on the same path.

I don't need several endings. But I want to feel like my choice matters.

I agree, not because I said this before, but more things like weather to choose chapter 4-A or chapter 4-B, or choosing Choice B over A leading the next 3 chapters becoming different than what Choice A would have lead too will make the game more fun and give more meaning to players going through the game a second time.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Dezzy

TingLz wrote:

And Hard and Lunatic don't exist? It's difficult to "brute force" through them.

Even on lunatic mode, by the time you get to having a full set of child characters, you can pretty much brute force through the game. At the beginning of the game, you're entirely correct though. You need perfect strategy + luck.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic