Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 2,517

Shinion

I too have my special edition paid for and well on the way from GAME. Though I'm only gonna start playing on June 1st due to other commitments that I absolutely don't need 3 Fire Emblem games to interfere with.

I'm no less excited though!

Shinion

Iggly

@JaxonH The Branch of Fate isn't available at the start in the Special Edition either, though like you said, it'll be available already if you got a save that already cleared the Chapter.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@DreamyViridi I'll third that. I may have exams, but I've got to get to the branch of fate to redeem the DLC... :/

It'll be great when I get to enjoy it though. XD

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

JaxonH

@jump
That theme will go on sale for $1.99 in the Theme Shop. Stick with the Special Edition. Even if you're not into the steelcase, the art book truly has some amazing artwork from one of the finest artists in the video game industry (imo).

And it's all on one cartridge, which won't be available anywhere and sells for $200-250. Screw the theme. Don't get me wrong- it's an awesome theme (think I know which one it is- the same one we got, although we got 5 total FE Fates themes here). But ya, you can just buy that theme separately. Give it a week or so, and that theme shop will be littered with FE themes for sale.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Socar

Revelation is a bit mean. You can't save in chapter 17 when beating chapter 16......to be fair though, you have a huge arsenal of units here....especially Ryoma...but surprisingly, he's not as buffed as Birthright.....but he's still overpowered.

I found it stressful to beat the chapter without saving. Its bad enough that I spend like hours to beat one chapter so why multiply that and make it worse? Of course, I'm playing it in casual mode so this shouldn't be a problem but still......it seems a bit harsh for Nintendo of all to do something like that.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@Socar they have had some chapters where you have to go straight to the next one like in Sacred Stones and you are unable to go back to the map, but it did allow you to save.
I think the main reason is just in case your units aren't strong enough, but I wish it was an option. I made a mistake and got a unit killed on chapter 17 so I had to restart from the beginning...

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

@Kazuo Yeah, the 2 Jehanna chapters and the 2 Darkling Woods ones come to mind.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@Kazuo You know.....just how balanced is Sacred Stones compared to fates when it comes to those chapters where you have to play them at a stretch without saving?

Also, in revelation, I somehow managed to grind Selena without using challenges and invasions......but like you said, her defense is good......but Laslow is still awful compared to her.

Meanwhile, I'm doing what the guide says and made Keaton a hero so that he can get his Skill stat boost alongside Sol so I can turn him back into the Wolf class.

Grumblevolcano

@Socar The 1st Jehanna chapter isn't too difficult provided you're careful of the Berserk staff user whereas the 2nd Jehanna chapter is absolutely brutal (desert combat).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

crok21

Since Fates arrives in EU in 2 days...since i havent bought the special Edition and i will go with Birthright
give me some advices about the game.What to do..what to avoid etc..

Guys,can i add you whrn i get the game;;Since i want to have visitors in my castle;;;

crok21

Socar

@crok21 You won't find it hard throughout the game. By the time you figured out that there's one unit that breaks the whole point of the strategy that the game is bringing, you really won't do much of thinking either.

I would say to just develop support conversations if that is your thing.

Socar

@Grumblevolcano Did you have the option to save though? I haven't played Sacred Stones....

speaking of which, some tend to argue that buying different paths is not new for Fire Emblem since Sacred Stones did it. Now I haven't played Sacred Stones but it doesn't sound like it would've offered the same gameplay style that Fates implements.

For one thing, only six chapters can be played for each path after which you play a fixed path..... which really doesn't seem the same as fates seeing as how fates gives you shared chapters for both games and from chapter 7 onwards, it does its own thing. Granted, some story sections are similar but they play differently.

Grumblevolcano

@Socar You did have the option to save as the preparations screen came up before starting the 2nd chapter, I assume from what you're saying that in the specific Fates example that there is no preparations screen. As for game structure, you have the right idea. Sacred Stones is similar but not the same, to me Sacred Stones is the approach Intelligent Systems would've taken for Fates had it been released on a handheld earlier than the 3DS. Cartridge limitations exist and you could tell from situations like Golden Sun where the game literally got split in half with a password system to connect the 2 halves.

Grumblevolcano

jump

My special edition copy of Fates has come in the post early today and I'm just about to play it

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@Kazuo So I saw a video of a guy beating chapter 25 of conquest......and its really shocking. How the hell did he end up getting Xander Astra Skill? He's already promoted so if Xander becomes a swordmaster, he like can't get astra because the first skills of the base class will be gotten instead......how is that even possible.

The way the player manages to get replicate skill to Elise...... just....how. There is just no way that this can happen unless the player used DLC cause there really is no other way that this can happen. 51 Dragon points?!?!?

Currently in chapter 22 of revelations and so far......my experience with revelation is a mix bag. I mean, if you have a huge arsenal of units to pick, what's the point of the game? I get that its story is suppose to be like that but considering how you're limited at the start of the game and then later on the difficulty spike is lowered, what's the point?

There are some chapters that stand out and some make me want to say that Conquest should have had smaller maps unlike the original ones it had.....but its just so few and far between really.

Dragon Veins.....you don't really make much use of them. If you know Ryoma now, then you can easily beat the boss in chapter 16 by simply using him and one healer......what's the point of beating all units in that chapter when you go to the next chapter without saving?

moomoo

@crok21 Takumi and Ryoma are insanely good. Ryoma is pretty much the best unit in any Fire Emblem game, ever.

The beginning can be a bit tough, since you don't really have a unit that can act as a good defensive tank. As you move on in the game this becomes irrelevant, but at first it can be problematic.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Socar

@moomoo yeah.....to good to make the game easy unfortunately. I prefer Xander and Camilla over him personally. I got no issues with him but this guys lacks character and lacks in the balance department as well.

He is soooo buffed that you need to use a dragon vein inorder to defeat a nut like him. If Lunatic doesn't add that dragon vein, I can only imagine what insanity the players have to go through to beat him let alone Kagero and Saizo who are also a problem in Conquest.

Grumblevolcano

Fates finally arrived though I'll start it after the other updates downloads have happened (Hyrule Warriors, Hyrule Warriors Legends, etc.)

Grumblevolcano

yokokazuo

@Socar what level was Xander? Don't you get him at around level 3 or 4? (I kind of forget so I may be wrong)
All he needs is a heart seal (or perhaps partner/friendship seal since I can remember what classes he can use) and he can get it in three levels if he starts at a level that is 17 or lower when class changed.
And same with Elise, just get her to become a mechanist and she can get it at level 15 or higher depending on when she is promoted. Also any skill can be obtained from another person that has the same character through my castle battles. Doing my castle battles are easy ways to quickly get more dragon vein points.
The exp DLC mission also allows you to get extea exp in Conquest so it could have been used to gain more levels outside of the main story.

As for chapter 16 of Revelation, there are various reasons why it can be a good choice to defeat all the enemies. For one thing, you get more exp for your team. You can do battles outside of the story in Revelation, but these tend to cost money which can be a limited resource. Also I believe that there are some enemies who drop weapons/items so it can be a useful thing to have on you.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Socar

@Kazuo Yeah....that's what I thought it would be but really, its not that great as there are only three of which all of them can be bought at my castle. I don't think there's that many of dropped items you can get here.

You know, I'd get that exp excuse if revelation did some limitation like conquest but really, it just doesn't feel like it. You'd really spend time beating all the enemies there and go to the next chapter without saving? Look man, I get that you like the game but that part alone definitely has some flaws there.

Honestly, its feeling a bit similar to final fantasy tactics where there are certain levels that you have to force yourself to beat without going back to maps....although over there, it saves but its still done poorly.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.