Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Posts 121 to 140 of 154

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I did classic mode 6 years ago. No reason to do it again. Ill pick my copy up tomorrow but I need to not play it till I beat SMT IV! This month is going to kill my game time with anything. Ugh I need to freeze time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Algus

I've been pretty happy with the changes so far. There's definitely different stuff to find in the dungeons this time around. Overall the game is significantly easier but it also plays a lot better. I was thinking I wouldn't like this game as much as EOIV since 4 made a lot of changes that I liked much more but so far it has been rock solid. And I feel like I haven't even hit the meat of the game yet by bypassing story mode for classic mode. Pretty exciting stuff.

I'm totally torn now between having them make EO5 and going back to give the remake treatment to EO2 and EO3. Maybe they can rotate lol

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Spoony_Tech

I say EO2 and 3 were good enough to stand on their own. However if they wanted to add a story mode I wouldn't mind!

Bring on 5 I say. I'm just worried what will happen to Atlus now that Sega is in charge. We may have seen the last EO. It doesn't sell as well as the main guns!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

thatguyEZ

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Bring on 5 I say. I'm just worried what will happen to Atlus now that Sega is in charge. We may have seen the last EO. It doesn't sell as well as the main guns!

I'm worried about that too, I mean I like Sega as a company for the most part but they're just not good at localizing most niche games like EO and I'm just really sketched out about what's going to happen with Atlus/Atlus USA now that they're under their wing. If this was to be the last EO game I would be soooo devastated, it really is my favorite DS series. But I would like to think that it has a good enough following in Japan to warrant another entry in the series.

But I'm loving MG so far, it definitely hasn't let me down. I went and picked it up right as Gamestop opened on Tuesday lol. And that picture of Frederica in a bikini and soo tanned in that art book is awesome. I'm really happy I didn't play the demo so that I got to experience the whole thing right off the bat, I'm sure the demo wasn't lacking though if it was like IV's. But exploring the 4th floor of the first stratum right now looking for these wolves and doing some grinding. I went with story mode first because I'm pretty sure I'll probably spend more time on classic. But yes, so so so so so satisfied.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Algus

Sega hasn't botched every subsidy they own. The Creative Assembly has had the freedom to do as they please and it's been great. I'm hoping Sega won't attempt to dismantle Atlus and will be content to put their name on the games only.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

Spoony_Tech

@CapnPancakes You like reviewing much!

MERG said:

thatguyEZ

Still loving it, around 16 hours put into it so far. Just exploring B7F right now doing some quests making sure my team is good a leveled (around 22 for everyone right now). Just kinda taking it slow and savoring it.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Bump for @MERG which is funny since you've posted in here!????

MERG said:

MERG

Ya well...remember, I'm old, my memory's going.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MERG

Finally getting into the groove with this. I finally cleared the first stratum. The dang Fenir washarder then I expected!

ThePirateCaptain

I've been playing the original EO, but I stopped for a while when I got to the second stratum. Those dang jellies are brutal.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

MERG

I've gotten to the second stratum but haven't explored. I'm going through Gladsheim right now.

Skitrules

I was thinking about getting this but the discount just went away on the eshop and it was a great deal there i might still get it once i get more money though. You guys all make it sound really great!

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

Spoony_Tech

@Skitrules Did you dl the demo? Its the first part of the game and lasts a good 5-10 hours. The data will also transfer over to the main copy.

Good luck tomorrow! You must be nervious as all get out!?

MERG said:

SuperPokefan95

@GuardianKing No. Unfortunately, you can't have a save for both a Story mode and Classic mode playthrough. You can only have one which is a little annoying. The second remake, (Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight) does give you multiple save files.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

SuperPokefan95

@GuardianKing I couldn't tell you, I haven't played through Untold II. From what I can tell, I think I'd prefer the Untold II story because the characters look more involved in the story mode, (but this is going off of the japanese footage I've seen so I don't know if I'd feel different with the english voice actors).

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@SuperPokefan95 I played the demo, and it's alright. Standard RPG stuff. EOU, meanwhile, punched me in the gut and got me hooked immediately. It's on sale right now too. Thing is, the lack of multiple saves really bugs me in case I wanna go classic mode.

...how are the environments in the EO franchise? I know it sounds weird to ask, but while the forest level looks pretty, I don't wanna stare at just that for 40+ hours.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Ralizah

Multiple save files for Untold II? That's awesome. That was one of my big annoyances about the original Untold.

In the middle of the third stratum of Etrian Odyssey III now. The game is as addictive and brutally difficult as usual. This EO is already surprisingly story-heavy, so I'm curious to see how Untold III expands on it.

@GuardianKing: The scenery usually changes pretty drastically between different stratums.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.