Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,677

RR529

Out of that list, I've played Steel Diver, OoT3D, and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Ocarina of Time 3D & Paper Mario: Sticker Star both being in my top 5 3DS titles.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

AccessibleDaydream

@RR529 Thank you very much for your input, I have added it to my table. So far the results are this:

• Paper Mario: Sticker Star is in 1st place.
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening is in 2nd place.
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time is in 3rd place.
  • Steel Diver is is 4th place.
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is in 5th place.
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 is in 6th place.

Please assist me in narrowing this down to 3 games by next Thursday. Thank you all very much.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

rayword45

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I figured this'd be the best place to ask. What is the cheapest price you can find a 3DS used at? I'm hoping there's a chance I could find one under $100.

Scavenging (and I mean f**kin SCAVENGING) Sears clearance bins around you may result in a Flame Red 3DS in your hand for $75 or even $60. I had no luck with that, but heard many a story on CheapAssGamer.

Your only quick option is eBay. Prices vary with condition.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Ralizah

@ChrisT99
I would definitely go for Fire Emblem: Awakening, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Dark Moon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jamiljamtheman

Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Kid Icarus

jamiljamtheman

Tasuki

rayword45 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I figured this'd be the best place to ask. What is the cheapest price you can find a 3DS used at? I'm hoping there's a chance I could find one under $100.

Scavenging (and I mean f**kin SCAVENGING) Sears clearance bins around you may result in a Flame Red 3DS in your hand for $75 or even $60. I had no luck with that, but heard many a story on CheapAssGamer.

Your only quick option is eBay. Prices vary with condition.

Either that or a private sale I am afraid man. Even Gamestop sells used 3DS at like $130 so every where else is going to be about equal. Honestly even if you find one for less than $100 on eBay you are going to have to question if its a decent one at that since just checking now on eBay the only ones I see less than $100 are bids only and have several hours left on them so I am sure the price will go up.

If you dont mind me asking why are you looking for one under $100?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AccessibleDaydream

Ralizah wrote:

@ChrisT99
I would definitely go for Fire Emblem: Awakening, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Dark Moon.

Thanks for your input.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki wrote:

Because I'd prefer not to spend too much on one since I'm not a wealthy man and I'd like to have some video game budget left at all for the end of the year which is going to be amazing with all the games coming out. Plus the sooner I can get the gift the better.

AccessibleDaydream

On to Round Three!
Prior to this round, I removed all games that had 20 or less points. Then I was left with the following:

• Fire Emblem: Awakening is in First place.
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star is in Second place.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is in Third place.
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is in Fourth place.

I only need one more game eliminated to be done with this poll. Please, I just want to make sure I play THE BEST 3DS games. Thank you.

AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

Thanks to @Retro_on_theGo My poll is now complete. The end results are:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

I will now proceed to the Universal Recommendations Thread to decide between 3DS Games and Wii U Games.

AccessibleDaydream

RikuzeYre

Fire emblem or luigi's mansion cant go wrong either way. I personally would get luigi's mansion but fire emblem can keep you entertained for a while. do you have kid icarus ?

RikuzeYre

AccessibleDaydream

RikuzeYre wrote:

Fire emblem or luigi's mansion cant go wrong either way. I personally would get luigi's mansion but fire emblem can keep you entertained for a while. do you have kid icarus ?

No I don't have KI, but I've heard that the controls aren't lefty-friendly at all, is that true?

AccessibleDaydream

RR529

ChrisT99 wrote:

RikuzeYre wrote:

No I don't have KI, but I've heard that the controls aren't lefty-friendly at all, is that true?

It's true.

I'm a leftie, and although I was able to complete the game on the standard difficulty, I'm not able to enjoy it on the higher difficulties, and don't spend as much time online as I'd like.

It's still a fun game however, and probably worth a pick up down the line.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

AccessibleDaydream

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RikuzeYre wrote:

It's true.

I'm a leftie, and although I was able to complete the game on the standard difficulty, I'm not able to enjoy it on the higher difficulties, and don't spend as much time online as I'd like.

Does the Circle Pad Pro help at all though?

AccessibleDaydream

RR529

ChrisT99 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RikuzeYre wrote:

It's true.

Does the Circle Pad Pro help at all though?

Sorry, I don't have a CPP.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

AccessibleDaydream

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

AccessibleDaydream

Tasuki

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Because I'd prefer not to spend too much on one since I'm not a wealthy man and I'd like to have some video game budget left at all for the end of the year which is going to be amazing with all the games coming out. Plus the sooner I can get the gift the better.

Yeah understandable, but yeah maybe around the holidays they might have a sale on one somewhere but as I said in my earlier reply, you best bet if for a private sale maybe even check out Craig's List.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

ChrisT99 wrote:

It's OK bro. Do you have either of the three 3DS games I mentioned earlier?

Only OoT3D. If you haven't played Oot before, go for it. If you have played it before, I'd say go for an original 3DS title.

BTW, I'm a big Paper Mario fan from way back (loved playing the original on N64), and I loved Sticker Star. A lot of the hate for it is unfounded, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic