Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 2,677

CrankyBonesGaming

well i got Mirror of fate today, and i might get code of princess later

CrankyBonesGaming

Ralizah

Mirror of Fate is better for the single-player campaign, but Code of Princess has a lot of replay value if you like online or local multiplayer.

Although, as Tasuki said, try the demo of MoF first. It's not like a traditional Castlevania game ocntrol-wise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rayword45

I'm looking for something $28 or below at GameStop. Thus, I'm looking at Tales of the Abyss. Any better games you can think of?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Ralizah

rayword45 wrote:

I'm looking for something $28 or below at GameStop. Thus, I'm looking at Tales of the Abyss. Any better games you can think of?

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a superb strategy title and usually ranges between 15 and 25 dollars. If you buy things online, you can get it new from Amazon for $16.

Edited on by Ralizah

rayword45

^Well actually, I'm trying to use a couple of coupons I found in particular, but thanks. I'll consider that a while later.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

RR529

As far as 3DS games go, Tales of the Abyss is second only to Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, IMO.

Get it!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CrankyBonesGaming

I would say that Tales of the Abyss is the best jrpg ever

CrankyBonesGaming

ilovegaming

I didn't like Tales of the Abyss that much...It's definitely not a bad game but I don't think it's great either. I'd suggest Kingdom Hearts 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus:Uprising and Fire Emblem:Awakening over it.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

TheConsonant

Tales of the abyss is really good gameplay wise but I really dislike the characters. Their only saving grace is the fact that they aren't static and are fairly dynamic and deep.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

DarkCoolEdge

RR529 wrote:

As far as 3DS games go, Tales of the Abyss is second only to Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, IMO.

Get it!

I found KHDDD demo horrible. Ugly enviroment, wonky camera, uninteresting combat...add the fact that I've got no idea about KH's general story.

I have yet to play Fire Emblem and Luigi but so far there isn't a 3ds original game that stands out which is really a shame after the glorious library the DS got.

Edit: I forgot about RE:Revelations. Great game but I expect something different in my handheld. I hope Luigi, FE:A and the upcoming rpgs change it.

Edited on by DarkCoolEdge

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

Ralizah

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Get it!

I found KHDDD demo horrible. Ugly enviroment, wonky camera, uninteresting combat...add the fact that I've got no idea about KH's general story.

I have yet to play Fire Emblem and Luigi but so far there isn't a 3ds original game that stands out which is really a shame after the glorious library the DS got.

Edit: I forgot about RE:Revelations. Great game but I expect something different in my handheld. I hope Luigi, FE:A and the upcoming rpgs change it.

The 3DS has a way better software library right now than the original DS had at this point in its life.

ilovegaming

TheConsonant wrote:

Tales of the abyss is really good gameplay wise but I really dislike the characters. Their only saving grace is the fact that they aren't static and are fairly dynamic and deep.

This. I really disliked most of the characters. The gameplay is fun, the replay value is high and the story is pretty good- unfortunately, the characters didn't let me enjoy it as much as I would have wanted to.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

kkslider5552000

this is more for future reference than ASAP but would TWEWY references make up for my lack of knowledge of the backstory of Kingdom Hearts 3D? Like is it required for me to look at the story of the other games to enjoy the story at all?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

kkslider5552000 wrote:

this is more for future reference than ASAP but would TWEWY references make up for my lack of knowledge of the backstory of Kingdom Hearts 3D? Like is it required for me to look at the story of the other games to enjoy the story at all?

Whenever there's a major plot point that harkens back to an earlier entry in the series, a synopsis/summary of that game becomes available in the Journal.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

TheConsonant wrote:

Honestly, that's what makes them great characters in my opinion.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheConsonant

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheConsonant wrote:

Honestly, that's what makes them great characters in my opinion.

Not really arguing that, there's no doubt that they are good characters just not necessarily likable ones. I like Tear and Guy but the rest are either meh on the dislike meter or completely dislike.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

AccessibleDaydream

(note that the first paragraph is simply pasted and edited from my similar post on Wii U Recommendations Thread)

I am a bit stuck on which Nintendo 3DS game to get (please note that this purchase is at least 3 months away), so I will provide you with a list below, and I ask that you tell me which one I should get first, second, third, etc. (note that some are some are Retail-ony and some are Retail or Download)...

• Steel Diver
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Thank you for your assistance with choosing what game from the above list to buy next/ first. Happy Gaming!

Edited on by AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

rayword45

I cannot speak for the majority of the games, so this is what I can give you.

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening - This is one of those games I cannot speak for fairly (only played the demo thus far) but it's basically unanimous that this is one of the best games to get. (LM:DM may fit between here and NSMB2)
2. New Super Mario Bros 2 - BIG WARNING. If you don't mind playing a DLC pack for the last few NSMB games, go ahead. It's Mario, say no more.
3. Ocarina of Time 3D - It's not the best remake since graphics aren't always polished, and Master Quest is full of cheap tricks, but it's still a great (if not immensely overrated and somewhat dated) game.
4. Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Not traditional in the least, that review was a complete effing lie. Minor warning.
5. Steel Diver - Niche game, but give it a try (it takes time to get into though). Good if you can find it cheap.
6. Pilotwings Resort - Decent game, but got old way too fast.
7. SF643D - Go get the game for $10 on VC. If you find it cheap it's great but at $40 it's a complete rip-off.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AccessibleDaydream

Following edits I just made to my list, on the the next round!...

For this round, I removed all the games that had less than 5 points each. That leaves:

• Steel Diver
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Thank you for your assistance with choosing what game from the above list to buy next/ first. Happy Gaming!

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic