Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,677 of 2,677

andy20066

can anyone recommend some 3ds games that work on a 2ds except for super mario maker

andy20066

Dogorilla

@andy20066 All 3DS games are playable on a 2DS, you might have to be more specific about what kind of games you're looking for. If you like Mario platformers there's New Super Mario Bros 1 and 2, and Super Mario 3D Land (admittedly the latter has a lot of sections designed to show off the 3D effect, but it still absolutely works on a 2DS).

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

D20Nat20

any good games workshop stuff on 3ds?

D20Nat20

WoomyNNYes

Will I be able to delete the save file from the previous owner, if I buy a used copy of Tomadachi Life (3DS)?

(I looked up NTSC north america version, and it's $100, $150. Oof!!! My niece wants the game, and now that eshop is dead, there's no way to buy it for regular retail price.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Yes, you can delete save files. I think the way to do so is in the town hall - I'm sure the digital manual will explain it in more detail. That's crazy it's so expensive in NA!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

JaxonH

I recommend Red Dragon for 3DS.

A fully functional Virtual Boy Emulator that plays the entire library in glorious stereoscopic glasses-free 3D!!!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

F-ZeroX

Ok so I also got Samus Returns. Looks really nice in 3DS. Samus is a bit small though on screen. Worth getting a new3DS XL over (have the regular one). Pilotwings and Star Fox 3D were also sent to me. I can imagine both being terrific in 3D as well, and Star Fox's updated visuals look really nice. A golden N64 classic. You could've done more N64 remasters on the 3DS Nintendo! Why oh why no F-Zero X? I would've purchased that in a heartbeat!

@JaxonH They had an article about this over on the time extension website. Also how playing 3DS in VR using Citra was a great way to experience 3DS. Unfortunately Citra got hammered by Nintendo because the same people were emulating Switch. Which is understandable, you're emulating current gen.

Edited on by F-ZeroX

F-ZeroX

Fizza

Hello folks! It's Fizza here. As you may be aware based on my complete disappearance from the forums (for the most part anyways XD), I've been knee-deep in exam season for the past long while. As a result, I've been wondering what I might do once everything is said-and-done around summer time and I think I have something in mind: finally biting the bullet and picking up a used 3DS!

....yes I know the timing technically couldn't be any worse but shhhhhh XD

I've had a massive fondness for the 3DS myself. From the moment I first got one at Christmas 2014, I'd play every game I had on it for hundreds of hours each: Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, etc.. Unfortunately, my original one finally gave up the ghost about 5 years back and I've been pining to get that kind of experience back ever since. However, with the added time I'll have from finishing up school (for now at least), now seems like the perfect time to pick one up (and hopefully on the cheap-ish :3).

So, I put forward to you lovely people in the forums: what are some good 3DS games to grab? Before beginning, I've got a few ones I definitely want to pick up no matter what:

• Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Kirby Planet Robobot
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Metroid: Samus Returns

If you're curious as to whether I've already played the game you'd suggest, it'd most likely be in the Game Collection section of my profile if you want to verify. Thanks a lot in advance, apologies for the text bloat and I'll catch you guys in a bit!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

dmcc0

@Fizza Is SMT IV available in physical in EU? I'm pretty sure it's one of those that I picked up before the eShop closed for that reason.

Based on your profile and the stuff I've heard you mention in the forums Virtues Last Reward might be worth a look. Also the other Mario & Luigi games and maybe the Professor Layton series

dmcc0

WoomyNNYes

Brace yourself, @Fizza. XD Used 3DS's have been quite expensive since the pandemic, and prices have not come down. Its been ridiculous, I think. Disregard, if you know already.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes Oh trust me, I'm well aware of the price hike that's been happening for the past while (doubly so as I'm looking for a New 3DS XL specifically XD). It'll definitely be annoying but if these summer exams go well, I think I'll have built up enough goodwill with the family to make it a collaborative purchase

Tyranexx

@Fizza A very good list so far. I second Fire Emblem Awakening. It's hard to go wrong with any of the 3DS FE titles, though there are reasons the Fates entries are so divisive. I do highly recommend Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's a bit of an odd duck compared to most Fire Emblems, but in a good way. Great plot, some fun alternative mechanics (such as dungeon crawling and mini skirmishes), some neat characters, and an amazing use of the 3D effect! Some of the maps are eh, but keep in mind this is a full remake of the original Fire Emblem Gaiden.

Assuming your rated games list is accurate, I also recommend both Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D. Same with Super Mario 3D Land. All these titles make excellent use of the 3D effect!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

@Tyranexx Yeah I've had my eye on Echoes for a very long time too for a number of reasons (chief among them being its brilliant localisation and fantastic music) so I'll definitely add that one to the short list. OoT/MM 3D are also good shouts, though I'd want to play through the originals beforehand so that I can have a proper sense of comparison between the two versions, and 3D Land is definitely one I'm interested in as well, though admittedly not to the same degree as the other ones (which feels odd given how much I enjoyed 3D World but eh: it is what it is I guess XD).

Tyranexx

@Fizza Both FE: Echoes and Awakening are tied for my favorite Fire Emblem titles (Disclaimer: I have yet to play both Switch entries (Own but haven't played yet) as well as both Tellius games (Very expensive secondhand), but have played all other releases).

Confession regarding OoT/MM: I've only played the 3DS entries. XD I would like to get to the originals eventually, but I'm not sure how easy those will be to get through after the QoL improvements in the 3DS pair. The studio who worked on both of these ports, Grezzo, also created the charming Ever Oasis, a decent game that I think has great franchise potential should it ever be revisited and polished a bit. There WAS a demo for this one that convinced me, but sadly this is no longer available post-eShop.

As for Super Mario 3D Land, if you've played 3D World on the Switch or Wii U...I'll admit the latter is a stronger game. But SM3DL is still well worth a playthrough, especially to see how the 3D effect is incorporated into the gameplay. I fully realize you may not care for the 3D or even buy a 3D-capable unit, but many Nintendo titles that use the effect use it well IMO. I'm probably in the minority who actually loves the effect...though admittedly not at full blast lol.

If you're into platformers and don't have another way to play this, I'd also like to give a shout-out to Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

There are several JRPGs I can recommend too, though I don't know if they're your cup of tea. Some like Dragon Quest VII/VIII are pretty expensive now even secondhand too.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic