Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 2,734

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Um...
Could you do me a favor ?
I need some quick review about six 3DS games i have written above.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I admittedly haven't played any of those (or in the case of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D, that particular version; more on that soon), so the feedback I provide (if any) will be mostly hearsay. Each game's title has a link to this site's review for it; those can provide you with way more detail than what I can cram into this post.

1. LBX: Little Battlers eXperience
This game has some fairly decent reviews from what I'm finding; it's by no means terrible. Plus, it was made by Level-5, a studio that I trust. (They're responsible for series like Professor Layton and Yo-Kai Watch). This seems best for those looking for a single player experience as there isn't any online multiplayer.

2. Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle
From what I'm reading, this one does not look like it's worth your time. It reads like it's repetitive with a lot of grinding; the gameplay in general reads like it's a bit of a slog. This is a tie-in to a show, and it apparently shows...not in a good way.

3. Final Fantasy Explorers
I've read some fairly decent feedback online related to Final Fantasy Explorers. It's apparently A LOT like the Monster Hunter series in a Final Fantasy skin. There's a LOT of fanservice here.

4. Monster Hunter Stories
I'm also interested in this one and may pick it up in the future. The main reason I'm curious about this one (as mentioned above) is how it's another take on monster collecting. I enjoy series like Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch and expect that I'd enjoy this as well. You raise the monsters from eggs that you find.

5. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D (Metacritic link; no review for it here)
While I can easily recommend the first two games on PC - I haven't played any of the others - this port is NOT worth your time. I did some research on it way back around the time it released and determined that I was better off with my old Windows disc that still surprisingly works. Some features of the original game (which was Roller Coaster Tycoon 3) were gimped or removed completely due to the 3DS's limitations.

If you want to play a Roller Coaster Tycoon game, I recommend searching out a copy of one of the first two games on the computer. The best modern example that I know of is Planet Coaster (which I still need to get/play/sink my life into at some point), but this is a Microsoft Windows/PC-only release as well.

6. Metroid Federation Force
While I believe this game received some unfair hate up to its release, I skipped it because it seemed like a missable spin-off game. I'm not a big fan of FPS games, and this game seems to be at its best when playing with others. While I wouldn't call it a bad game by any means, it just wasn't for me.

If you're still unsure, I recommend watching some gameplay videos to see if they're for you.

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Oh, thanks for the quick review. 😀
Lately, i have watched some gameplay videos of Metroid Prime Federation Force, something that very controversial for me who never like 1st person shooting games but suddenly was intrigued by "Armored Core" looking of 1st person shooting games and Chibi form.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish Hmm...I might follow that suggestion then. Thanks! The demos I have tried weren't bad per se, they just didn't wow me or grab my attention. I found them to be a bit slow and clunky. And then the swimming in a 3DS demo I tried...ugh.

@Anti-Matter There is a free demo available of the Metroid Prime Blast Ball game that shipped with Federation Force. It's a separate mode from the main game, but it may be enough to convince you whether or not you'd be interested in the full game. It's basically a ball/sports game played with mechs.

Edit: No prob by the way; I'm happy to try to help! You even have me considering LBX now. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: LoZ: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Donkey Kong Country 3 (Wii U VC)

Moroboshi876

This week River City games for 3DS (the three of them) are on sale, and as a fan of Kunio-kun games I'm considering the purchase, but they're still too expensive for a digital release (in Europe they didn't get physical treatment), barring River City Knights of Justice, which is 7,50 now.

Does anybody have them and can give me their opinion?

Plus, I fear that if I buy them they'll end up ported to Switch at some point... Do they have stereoscopic 3D?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Ninfan

Does anyone have sonic generations on 3DS XL . If they do can you tell me if the game still works online as mine does not

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Dogorilla

@Ninfan I just tried it and got an error message. I noticed the game box doesn't have the Nintendo Network logo, so maybe this game used its own servers instead of Nintendo's, in which case those servers could have been shut down by now.

Dogorilla

Ninfan

@Dogorilla do you have super monkey ball 3D.it says it supports online play. But I'm not sure how it supports online play . I can't remember

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Dogorilla

@Ninfan No sorry I don't have that game, but I just looked at the NL review for it and the reviewer said in the comments that it doesn't have online.

Dogorilla

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Super Monkey Ball 3DS doesn't have Online Play feature.
Untitled

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Ninfan

Can anyone putt up a list of there top 50 3DS TITLES . I'd like to see what games they are buying . Especially the new 3DS Games. anti-matter you must have loads of games. I don't expect anyone to write them up one after an other, if you can load them up from your pc to here.. Thank you

Ninfan

Ninfan

Anyone want to play fantasy pirates on 3DS. it's only €1.80 on eshop

Ninfan

Ninfan

Can someone tell me where or what I use my coins I get on my 3DS for walking . Can I spend them on somthing ?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Can someone tell me where or what I use my coins I get on my 3DS for walking . Can I spend them on somthing ?

The play coins from 3Ds you can use for various games such as Animal Crossing New Leaf to buy Fortune Cookie (cost 2 Play Coins) to get Nintendo themed stuffs. It will depleted after you use the coins and you can get 10 coins by Maximum in 1 day. 100 steps = 1 Play coin. Quick way to get Play coins = Close your 3DS while being turned On, shake / swing your 3DS to get the steps quickly.

The things i LOVE :
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Tyranexx

Is Star Fox 64 3D worth buying and playing? I know that it's 1. cheap right now and 2. is a remake of a game that many consider the pinnacle of the series, but I've been on the fence for some time. I've played both the original and Star Fox 2 on the SNES Classic and enjoyed them somewhat, but they didn't wow me either.

I've also played the Star Fox Zero demo but didn't particularly care for that either; in that case, I think I was put off by the controls.

Bmartin001

Which 3ds zelda game would you recommend for a someone who's never played a zelda game before..

Edited on by Bmartin001

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

gcunit

@Bmartin001 Definitely not Majora's Mask, it's got a bit too much going on mechanics wise with a time limit, various masks, various side quests, various songs - it's a bit too technical for a Zelda noob, I would suggest. I'd beaten Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild before taking on Majora's Mask, and I still find it a bit of a chore to get back into the swing of the mechanics each time I go back to it after a break.

I would suggest you start with Ocarina of Time. It's the classic Zelda. If there's one 'Zelda' game to play before you die, it's got to be Ocarina. Breath of the Wild is ultimately better in my eyes, but as so many Zelda fans like to grumble, it doesn't adhere to the classic Zelda format, unlike Ocarina.

But I've not yet played A Link Between Worlds so can't offer much about it. It's a different style obviously, but I don't think I've ever read a bad word about it, so you can't really go wrong between it and Ocarina.

Edited on by gcunit

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

@Bmartin001 For 3DS Zelda games, I'd suggest either A Link Between Worlds or Ocarina of Time 3D.

Ocarina of Time 3D is a 3D adventure game that was originally on the N64. It doesn't take long to get going, is an epic adventure, and helped to establish many series staples. It's widely regarded as one of the best games of all time. It also makes excellent use of the 3D effect, though there is some odd texture pop-in at times due to the old assets.

A Link Between Worlds is an amazing top-down Zelda title that makes excellent use of its in-game mechanics and the 3DS's 3D effect. It also loosely tosses out the formula established in earlier games and uses an item rental system; you can eventually buy these items. The game is a sort of sequel/soft reboot of A Link to the Past but doesn't require having played that title for enjoyment.

While Majora's Mask is an excellent game and one of my favorite Zelda titles, it's definitely not beginner-friendly and has some mechanics that frustrate a certain crowd ad well. Plus, it's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, so you'd be better off playing that one first before tackling it.

Magitek_Knight

Assuming I know nothing about the Pokemon series (because I managed to pretty much avoid since the 90s), can someone recommend me where to get started on it based on what's available in the 3DS Eshop/Virtual Console? I've never really given it a chance and am interested in trying the series after all these years.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

Sorry if I got your thread locked.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic