Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,677

jump

^There's demos for both STEAM and Puzzle & Dragons so why rely on reviews (and the reviews aren't bad anyway) when you can try the game for yourself especially when you're already interested in those games?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

Code Name Steam is good and puzzles and Dragons looks fun. I already pre dl'ed it. I've already bought now 7 3ds games this year. Still waiting for sales on Atlus games and I could buy another 2 more. I'm totally satisfied with what the 3ds has on offer!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WackoDaSniper

Im buying a new 3DS today and I havent gamed on handheld since my DS Lite in 2008. I played pokemon diamond, my only pokemon game, and loved it. Are the new pokemon's as good? Im skeptical of the new changes theyve made.

WackoDaSniper

DefHalan

WackoDaSniper wrote:

Im buying a new 3DS today and I havent gamed on handheld since my DS Lite in 2008. I played pokemon diamond, my only pokemon game, and loved it. Are the new pokemon's as good? Im skeptical of the new changes theyve made.

I would recommend X/Y first then once you finish that move onto OR/AS. X/Y will be a better way to get acquainted with the series again, and OR/AS is deeper and will offer a fuller experience, but it is harder to understand. So I recommend doing X/Y then OR/AS.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

I have a bunch of games I kinda want to play all at once, and pretty much to an equal level, but I definitely don't have the time to focus or even try more than one or two, so I figured I'd ask "what should I play?"

Played the demo and enjoyed:

• Ace Attorney Trilogy (technically the demo was for AA5, but I enjoyed the writing the most)
  • Rhythm Thief
  • Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
  • Codename: Steam
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Puzzle & Dragon Z

Also was interested in:

• Etrian Mystery Dungeon (had a dream I was playing it last week)
  • Fantasy Life (I got about 2/3 ways through the main story about 6 or 7 months ago)
  • Star Fox 64 3D (I love Star Fox 64, wouldn't mind playing it again)

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's help eliminating ones from the list.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KO-Cub

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have a bunch of games I kinda want to play all at once, and pretty much to an equal level, but I definitely don't have the time to focus or even try more than one or two, so I figured I'd ask "what should I play?"

Played the demo and enjoyed:

• Ace Attorney Trilogy (technically the demo was for AA5, but I enjoyed the writing the most)
  • Rhythm Thief
  • Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
  • Codename: Steam
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Puzzle & Dragon Z

Also was interested in:

• Etrian Mystery Dungeon (had a dream I was playing it last week)
  • Fantasy Life (I got about 2/3 ways through the main story about 6 or 7 months ago)
  • Star Fox 64 3D (I love Star Fox 64, wouldn't mind playing it again)

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's help eliminating ones from the list.

I'll try to help. Start off narrowing it down. Most fun, Favorited, overall game lengths, content
and how often you play.
I'm looking at Ace Attorney Tri. I mean, kinda fits all I've said for your description.
MH4U and CN:S have great gameplay and minor mechanics.
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call is good for playing every now and again.
These games is my bet.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Ryu_Niiyama

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ooh, thanks. I think I'll definitely take that advice, starting with Ace Attorney. Gotta get my homework done first, though.

I can not recommend ace attorney enough. The game is absolutely hilarious (while still quite serious with its subject matter) and that feeling you get when the culprit is on the ropes...priceless.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GrizzlyArctos

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama,

I bought Ace Attorney Trilogy 3DS a few month's ago in the 3DS E-Shop when it was on sale. I like the game the only thing I don't like really in the game is that the attorney has to work with a medium in the game. Although in all serious I should have researched the series a bit more before jumping into that. That was my fault... lol At the time when I looked at the difference between buying the DS games indivually from GameStop they wanted $20 a peice for each ace attorney ds game & there's 3 ds games in the trilogy . At the time I figured it was cheaper to buy the trilogy in the e-shop for $20 & have all 3 games in 1 as a bundle as oppose to paying $60 lol.

Ace Attorney Trilogy 3DS is good I like the storylines all except the medium being in the game.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

I probably shouldn't ask, but I will anyway. (Partly out of curiosity, largely because she's one of my favourite video game characters)What do you find wrong with mediums being part of the story?

On topic, I can't recommend the Ace Attorney Trilogy enough. Three fantastic games in one! I was a little put off by the new artwork, (the old sprites have their charm), but I very quickly got over it. Anyone looking to get into the series should definitely start here. Not only are they the first in the series, but they're also the best, in my opinion. Fantastic characters, fantastic writing, fantastic music. What more do you want?

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Ralizah

@Barbiegurl777
If you're really that intolerant of different religious beliefs, then you should jump ship now. Spirit channeling figures VERY heavily in the plot of the third game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Ralizah,

Thanks for the heads up!

No offense but what is so bad with wanting to play video games that are clean cut? In the 90's I rarely had this problem with having to check my games for the content whether it was NES, SNES, PS1, or even GBC. Seem's like handhelds & consoles after the GBC the problem seemed a little more relavent at least for me. The video game doesn't even have to be christian as long as it's clean cut.

Just would like a few games that are on the clean cut side. We don't need blood, gore, profanity, occult & alot of other crap added in the video games. It's just not needed.

I've come to the point where if I run into that type of stuff in video games I just ignore it or avoid what ever character it is in the game that's doing the crap. Or I take the video game back to the store & exchange it for a different video game.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

See, that's the thing, though: it is clean-cut. At least, as clean-cut as a game about murder can be. It's using a religious concept broadly accepted by many of the world's religious traditions to add an extra level of complexity to the game's drama. Remember, this is aimed at a primarily Japanese audience, and things like spirit channeling and reincarnation are going to be as socially acceptable to them, even if most of them don't actually believe it's real, as something like talking in tongues or being born again might be to a person who grew up in a primarily Christian society, whether or not the given person within said society actually believes in those things. It seems insulting, then, to off-handedly dismiss something like spirit channeling as "the occult." It's not like there are pentagrams drawn in blood on the walls or anything.

Play what you want, of course, but keep in mind that the game you're playing doesn't come from a Christian culture, and as such religious ideas you disagree with will occasionally crop up. Instead of closing yourself off against everything you disagree with, wouldn't it make more sense to just consider it for what it is: a fiction? The world of Ace Attorney isn't our world, and, as such, different natural or spiritual laws might come into play. If you play some Hello Kitty game, you don't seriously think the game is trying to get you to believe that sentient, talking cats are a real thing, right? It's just an imaginary aspect of that Hello Kitty universe. Why is it such a stretch, then, to apply that same standard to other, less comfortable differences you encounter in fiction?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Revanmann

Looking to pick up a solid game or two. I'm working at a summer camp starting tomorrow so I'd like a good game or two. I already have two great ones on my hands, Majora's Mask 3D and Shin Megami Tensei IV. If anyone can recommend something that they would buy all over again, I'd really appreciate it. I love RPGs, but unfortunately, I can't really get into Pokemon anymore. Even though I grew up with Sapphire. I know I plan to get The Binding of Isaac when it comes out. Oh, I also have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I was kinda looking at Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Fantasy Life. I have a New 3DS by the way. Is Fantasy Life any good? I heard it's somewhat like Zelda. I don't know if there are that many good Metroidvanias out there, but Super Metroid is my most favorite game ever if that helps with recommendations. Thanks again.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

nacho_chicken

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Ralizah,

I see what your saying but you have to keep in mind the players playing the video games might say yeah it's fiction & I agree with you on that most video games are. Lol yeah no cat in real life walks on 2 legs or talks in human language if a cat did in real life I would probably faint from shear shock.

My thing is though the people that create certain video games they obvisously have reasons for putting certain things into video games that they do & by me buying the product it's like saying I'm condoning the content that's being put in whether it's video games, books, radio, etc.

I try to normally check into everything before I buy stuff whether it video games, tv, books, etc what ever. Every once a in while though I don't do research or quite enough research on certain things & that is my own fault for not researching better before jumping into something like an idiot.

I know reality from fiction but it still doesn't mean I have to condone the content being put into what I watch, read, or play.

Yes I'm well aware the japanese culture & video games in defently different from christian cultures. I honestly thought when I bought the game in the 3ds e-shop it was nothing more but a a lawyer/attorney game lol. I've heard good things about the ace attorney series on amazon saying it had a good storyline but besides from that I didn't pay a little closer attention & like I said that's my fault for not better research before buying the game.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

I realize it's not a 3DS game, but try Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney for the DS. Same gameplay and story setup, but it doesn't have the aforementioned spirit medium character(s). It's also a great standalone game, even though there are references to past games. You might even enjoy it even more than other Ace Attorney fans, since anything new to Apollo is new to you.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

jump

Revanmann wrote:

Looking to pick up a solid game or two. I'm working at a summer camp starting tomorrow so I'd like a good game or two. I already have two great ones on my hands, Majora's Mask 3D and Shin Megami Tensei IV. If anyone can recommend something that they would buy all over again, I'd really appreciate it. I love RPGs, but unfortunately, I can't really get into Pokemon anymore. Even though I grew up with Sapphire. I know I plan to get The Binding of Isaac when it comes out. Oh, I also have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I was kinda looking at Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Fantasy Life. I have a New 3DS by the way. Is Fantasy Life any good? I heard it's somewhat like Zelda. I don't know if there are that many good Metroidvanias out there, but Super Metroid is my most favorite game ever if that helps with recommendations. Thanks again.

Fantasy Life isn't like Zelda but it's a good offline Warcraft type game, STEAM has a demo you can try first and is areally solid game otherwise try Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda Link Between Words, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Shin Megami Tensai Devil Survivor 1 and 2, Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default. For metroidavians games I'd say Steamworld Dig on the eshop as the best one on the console.

Personally I rate Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion 2, Resident Evil Revelations, Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising as the best games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Revanmann

I did play the Steam demo. I lied it, and it has gone down in price. Xenoblade I actually originally had pre ordered. I bought it when it first came out on the Wii brand new. Link Between World's blew me away. Bravely Default is a strong candidate. I kind of fell of off Square's bandwagon. I like Dragon Quest a lot more. Yeah, still Square. I'd like to pick up Kid Icarus, but it's so expensive. I need Revelations. Guh. Steamworld Dig was solid. I binged that game.I want Ocarina, but I want the cartridge. Luigi's Mansion I will check out too. Thanks

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

VoltageX

ekreig wrote:

Does anyone here have the 3DS port of Rayman 2 that was a launch title? I've never played Rayman 2 so I want to try it, but I'm hearing such conflicted things about this one port. Some people didn't like it because it's a straight port that didn't add anything new (which I obviously have no problem with because the entire game is going to be new to me anyway), others didn't like it because it apparently has bugs/performance issues (which I obviously am leery about), and others claim it's a perfectly serviceable version of the game. If anyone with the game could weigh in I sure would appreciate it.

I liked it. I got pretty far and stopped only because some dungeons were too hard for me, but the game overall is quite solid in my opinion. I hear a lot of negative opinions about it, but if you never played the original its your best bet.
You can tell its not a game that was planned to suit the 3DS, like other games on the system, but if youre looking for a 3D rayman experience and its all new to you, I say go for it =]

VoltageX

Smah4382

Does anyone know any game that is similar to Splatoon?
I dont have a Wii U but i want to play it

Smah4382

Smah4382

Is anyone going to answer my question above?

Smah4382

Spoony_Tech

Smah4382 wrote:

Does anyone know any game that is similar to Splatoon?
I dont have a Wii U but i want to play it

There is nothing like Splatoon on the 3ds or any system for that matter. Not that I know of anyways.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Smah4382

Well thats bad but is there any good fps/shooting game for the 3ds?

Smah4382

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic