A brand new trailer for Stranded Sails - Explorers of the Cursed Islands has washed up on our grateful shores, giving us a look at some of the activities you can expect to get up to when the game arrives on Switch. And it looks lovely.
The game, which has taken inspiration from series such as The Legend of Zelda, Harvest Moon, and more recent titles like My Time At Portia, sees you ship-wrecked on a mysterious archipelago. It has you taking on various tasks like farming, crafting, cooking, and exploration, all while you work towards the ultimate goal of building a ship and escaping the island.
Publisher Merge Games says that the title has received "amazing feedback" during appearances at events like PAX and Gamescom, and that it has racked up 95,000 hits on its Steam wishlist. If you want to learn more, make sure to check out this handy feature list:
- Experience an open-world adventure full of quests and discovery
- Farm and cook to survive! Provide food for your crew and improve their level of happiness, whilst experimenting with different ingredients to discover new dishes
- Manage the creation and expansion of your crew’s camp and prove your skills as a shipbuilder
- Explore a diverse array of different islands by foot or boat on your travels to find a range of tools and treasure
- Fight against supernatural dangers and solve the secrets of the cursed islands
An exact release date is still yet to be revealed, but we'll make sure to keep an eye out for more news on this one as we enter the busy end of 2019. Amazon currently has a physical listing which is supposedly due to be shipped in November.
Do you like what you see? Think you might end up treating yourself to this one? Let us know in the usual place.