Publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis have revealed that the release date for Valfaris has been firmly locked down. You'll be able to get your hands on it on Nintendo Switch from 10th October.
Switch owners will actually be receiving the game first - alongside PC players - with the PS4 and Xbox One versions coming the month after. A brand new trailer has been released to celebrate the announcement (which you can check out for yourself above).
A Digital Deluxe Edition is also headed to PS4 and PC, and while there doesn't seem to be any mention of this making its way to Switch, Nintendo fans can instead treat themselves to a physical edition copy if they prefer. Merge Games revealed plans to release the game physically for the console earlier this year, with an expected November release window being the goal.
We'll leave you with a list of key features should you be interested in knowing more. Make sure to let us know if you're thinking of picking this one up with a comment below.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic
Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell