Indie publisher Merge Games has revealed that Stranded Sails - Explorers of the Cursed Islands is readying itself for adventure on Nintendo Switch this October.
Taking inspiration from the Harvest Moon series, The Legend of Zelda and also more recent games like My Time At Portia, Stranded Sails is said to bring its "own signature style of tilt-shift visuals, survival elements, exploration, and story-driven quests". Players will find themselves shipwrecked on a mysterious archipelago, and it’s up to you to survive, solve the island's mysteries, and find a way to escape.
Here's a list of key features to tell you a little more:
- Experience an open-world adventure full of quests and discovery
- Farm and cook to survive! Provide food for your crew and improve their level of happiness, whilst experimenting with different ingredients to discover new dishes
- Manage the creation and expansion of your crew’s camp and prove your skills as a shipbuilder
- Explore a diverse array of different islands by foot or boat on your travels to find a range of tools and treasure
- Fight against supernatural dangers and solve the secrets of the cursed islands
As we mentioned above, it'll be arriving on Switch and other platforms this October. You'll be able to pick it up either digitally or physically, and a collectable Signature Edition release is also in the works that will be available on launch day.
What do you think? One to keep an eye on? Share your early thoughts with us in the comments below.