Abstraction Games has announced that it will be bringing the adorable-looking co-op puzzle adventure Pitfall Planet to Nintendo Switch in "fall 2018".
Featuring an instantly-lovable pair of robots, Pitfall Planet takes place on a distant and forgotten mining world full of troublesome danger at every turn. Players take control of two astrobots, who after being stranded and separated from their ship, must traverse the subterranean caves of this ruined planet, solving a number of puzzles along the way.
You see, you and your friend are equipped with grappling hooks which can be used to pick up objects or even each other, enabling you to throw things over any gaps. To collect all the ore in each level, the pair of you will need to help each other out, activating buttons and levers that would be unreachable without assistance, and navigating your way to higher areas by working together.
Other content comes in the form of upgrades (players can spend their gems upgrading the two protagonists with a range of fancy headwear) and the whole thing has a cutesy but polished vibe which could go down very well on Switch. The game originally launched on PC, generating positive user reviews on Steam, but the couch co-op focus naturally suits the Switch very nicely indeed.
- Two player local co-op for hours of couch-based fun!
- Gorgeous graphics bring the robots and the vibrant planet to life
- Play with a friend through a variety of levels with intriguing puzzles and dangerous
- Explore a mysterious overworld to discover caverns and secrets.
- Find hidden gems in every level, which can be used to unlock HATS!
- Play on one Nintendo Switch using two Joy-Con controllers
- Throw your friends into pits of lava!
- Do it again! Don't worry, they'll be just fine.
Do you like the look of this one? Will you be teaming up with a friend to explore Pitfall Planet? Tell us below.