Tumblestone is a name you may recognise from some Nindie promotions and previews from Nintendo of America, with the upcoming action puzzle title getting plenty of buzz. The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild - a neat name for a development studio - is now nearly ready to share it with the world.
The title's arriving on 12th July for Wii U (and a host of other platforms) in North America and Europe, with a price tag of $24.99 in the US. It's a relatively premium price for a download game, though it does promise plenty of features (the following is from its press pack).
- Competitive multiplayer: Tumblestone's intense puzzle-solving action will turn playing "just a few more rounds" with friends into a late-night Tumblestone marathon.
- Local multiplayer: Up to four players on a single computer or console.
- Online multiplayer: Play online against your friends or make new ones using Tumblestone's ranked matchmaking system.
- Bots: Have an open slot? Play against the computer. But can anyone withstand the punishing Nightmare bot?
- Story mode: The 40+ hour story campaign will test your puzzle-solving prowess. Featuring 10+ gameplay modifiers, challenge puzzles, and boss battles.
- Arcade modes: Kick back and relax with the casual Marathon mode, scratch an intellectual itch with the Infinipuzzle mode, or get your blood pumping with the fast-paced Heartbeat mode.
- Leaderboards: Online leaderboards let your friends know you're better than them.
- Quests: Hundreds of unique quests to complete.
- Stats: Rank up, then compare how you stack up against your friends.
- Personalization: Choose from a dozen unique characters and environments.
Are you tempted by this one? Check out the announcement trailer below and let us know.