Pokémon X & Y Beta Competition Coming to Global Link in February

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Get ready, world!

Whether you have finally fine-tuned your perfect Pokémon team or just want to take on the world with a group of Klefkis (hereby now known scientifically as a "klatter"), you will want to register with the Pokémon Global Link for the upcoming Pokémon X & Y Beta Competition.

This online tournament is open to all players worldwide and is the first Global Link tournament to include Pokémon from the Kalos Region. Battles will begin Thursday, 20th February at 7pm EST / 4pm Pacific / midnight UK / 1am 21st February central Europe.

According to the official announcement, room for the competition is limited and registration is required. Some players have already qualified through their ranking in the Global Showdown, but others can still participate while room remains. Details on general registration for the tournament will be posted on the Pokémon Global Link this Friday, 31st January.

Good luck to those who plan on getting in on the action! Are you thinking of being the very best, like no one ever was? Let us know in the comments below.

[via pokemon.com, 3ds.pokemon-gl.com]

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Wait, are you sure it's open to everyone? Pretty sure you needed to compete in a previous tournament to be eligible for this one.

Man, all I saw was Beta and the back of Pangoro and I was freaking out that they were giving fans access to a Pokemon Z beta or something. lol

Pichubby

Pichubby said:

I'm no way that good to compete. My friend will with his "hack-free" pokemon. Also known as hacked.

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

@Retro_on_theGo The wording of the announcement doesn't say anything about registration involving participation in a previous tournament; just that some have already qualified through their rankings on the Global Showdown. However, the specific details for registering on Jan. 31 have not been given, so there's still a possibility they'll require that, I suppose. Would seem a bit rotten to not tell people of that beforehand, though.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

I am prepared to enter! Glad we finally get some news on this... I was beginning to think it was not coming!

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Basically, the way this works, is if you entered the last Black/White 2 online tournament and played 5 matches, you are guaranteed a spot in this tourney. There is a very limited amount of registration spots open for those that did not play in that tourney. It's a beta tourney, but I'm excited!

ShadowFox254

ShadowFox254 said:

Need to do some heavy strategy on my team (for any battle style). But so far my team seems balanced.

Gioku

Gioku said:

...I already competed in a live competition... I'm Pokémoned out for now. :)

eaglebob345

eaglebob345 said:

Nintendo can eat my pinky until they give me Pokemon Bank. How am I supposed to look at my shiny pokemon in glorious 3D(!!!) if we don't have the app yet?

Patriplexity

Patriplexity said:

I participated in the 2013 Global Showdown for Black/ White 2, and I got a message saying I qualified for the Pokémon X & Y Beta Competition. But, I'm confused on how to register. I read the regulations and set up my Battle Box accordingly, and I think when February 20th comes around, I'll be ready to go. I'm just not positive. I can't find anything on the Pokémon Global Link that says I need to register there. Anybody know if I'm fine or need to do something else? Thanks in advance.