Rating Emerges For The Previously Unannounced Tekken Revolution

Posted by Damien McFerran

Could Namco Bandai's brawler be fighting to the Wii U or 3DS?

The Australian Classification Board has rated Tekken Revolution, a hitherto unheard of entry in the long-running fighting game franchise.

This follows the news that Namco Bandai has also rated Tekken Arena in Europe — could we be looking at two entirely new instalments, or is this a single game with regional title differences?

Tekken Revolution is listed as a multiplatform release, which could mean that it is headed to the Wii U — just like its predecessor, Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Eurogamer is saying that it could be a 3DS title, based on Namco Bandai's earlier confirmation of a new entry in the series for the handheld. That would tie in nearly with this week's 3DS Nintendo Direct, at least.

Are you ready for some more Iron Fist, or are you feeling a bit burned out by the series? Post a comment to tell us.

[via classification.gov.au, gematsu.com]

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Original title!
Whatever happened to Tekken X Street Fighter I do wonder though....

luminalace

luminalace said:

I'm not betting on this to come to Nintendo platforms but I do hope it is. While I own TTT2 on Wii U, I played the 3DS game a lot more.

placidcasual

placidcasual said:

I piked up Tekken Tag 2 for £20 the other week and it's the definitive version beyond a shadow of a doubt. Haven't had that much fun with Tekken since T3 back on the PS1

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Being labelled as a "multi platform" title in the Australian Classification database means very little nowadays. There have been plenty of titles in the past (including first party Wii/DS exclusives) that have been classified as "multi platform" titles, even though they were exclusive to a single system. Perhaps publishers are playing it safe in case their games are re-released in some form in the future.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was fun but when will we get Tekken 7. I hate how they never release an actual Tekken main game for any Nintendo system.