E3 2012: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Published by Nintendo

Posted by James Newton

Ryurama

Nintendo will publish Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, reuniting the Big N with Team Ninja.

Ryu Hayabusa's adventures come to a Nintendo home console for the first time since the Super NES days. Ninja Gaiden III on PS3 and Xbox 360 didn't get the best reviews, so we'll be interested to see if Nintendo asks Team Ninja to make any big improvements to the core game.

Either way, the screenshots look glorious, so colour us interested.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I thought I heard the game (which has already come out for the other HD consoles) kind of sucked...

Ryno

Ryno said:

Ryu Hayabusa's adventures come to a Nintendo home console for the first time since the NES days.

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the SNES says hello! :)

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Got tired of Gaiden II on the XBOX midway through.....3D hack & slash(although gaiden offers up quiet a bit of skill and unleashes some crazy Grizzly challenge that should put any pee wee in their place) just doesn't do anything for me. during my playthrough, All i could think was....."I could be playing the REAL Ninja Gaiden II on the NES" which is 100x superior.(Ahem, it's not just my opinon it's a fact hehe) B-)

I've heard nothing but terrible things about NGIII, even if it were a gaiden goolay' masterpiece i'd still pass. Wake me up from Ninja Slumberland when a real 2D Ninja Gaiden surfaces! zZzZzZzZzZz :D

mamp

mamp said:

This game is crap, it got horrible reviews all over the place.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Nodds to the person that mentioned the oft forgotten Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for SNES :)

BenAV

BenAV said:

Interesting to see Nintendo publishing it.
Hopefully they can help make some noteworthy improvements, but if the game's as bad as everyone's saying then it might be too much to ask for it to be turned into something actually decent.
Looks like a pass, but at least there's a lot of other interesting Wii U games on the way.

Bankai

Bankai said:

It's really unlikely that Nintendo, the publisher, is going to devote substantial development resources to a game they don't own.

More like TK decided not to publish the game, So Nintendo, keen to promote third parties, took the game on instead.

Also, it's not that bad.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Team Ninja, I thought that was the dev's name, what's the name of the guys who made Enslaved: Odyssey to the West? I'm sure they have a Ninja name too. Racking my brain here!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@ChunkyDroid Team Ninja is owned and published by Tecmo Koei. They also own and publish for Omega Force, the creator of the Warriors series.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is developed by Ninja Theory, and published by Namco Bandai Games.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Before you published this game Nintendo tell Tecmo Koei/Team Ninja to get rid of the number 3. God I hate that number and it better not be a port. This game should only be called Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge, no 3.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

...garbage game is garbage...

Tecmo-Koei aren't even relevant anymore, they're in their deaththows and Nintendo needs to shake loose of their cold dead hands...imo.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@ThreadShadow I agree, without Itagaki the original creator of the 3D Ninja Gaiden games, the series seem to hit a plummet. Ninja Gaiden 2 for Xbox 360 is the last game he made that was great. One thing I dislike about Nintendo's choice to publishing a 3rd party own title here in NA is that they rush to publish a game based on popularity and not on quality anymore for example they rather published Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U and release that here when we all know that game fail so much but a game like say Fatal Frame IV which was released for the Wii a long time ago (which they published in Japan which was also a Tecmo property title) never see the light of days over here.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I heard ppl give this bad BUT I love every Ninja Gaiden so far and played the newer ones, 1 and 2, on 360, so this game is on my list to buy too.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

@retro_player_22

Thanks, but imo, Itagaki isn't relevant either, and his Ninja Gaiden games weren't very good. His games are mass amounts of missed opportunities.

I can see your point about Nintendo publishing what's popular. And it's a shame they are rushing to publish a very grotesque game.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but the Fatal Frame series...well...garbage games are garbage.

Nintendo, release thyself from the withering corpse that is Tecmo-Koei!