Demiurge Studios Handling Aliens: Colonial Marines Wii U

Posted by James Newton

With care

Gearbox Studios has revealed development work on Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U is being handled by Demiurge Studios.

Demiurge, the team behind Shoot Many Robots on PSN, spent nine months creating a prototype of the game before being given development duties. Gearbox is also collaborating with Texan studios Nerve and Timegate, but 80% of development work will be handled in-house by Gearbox.

By all accounts Aliens: Colonial Marines won't be playable on Wii U at this year's E3, but hopefully we'll at least get some new details. Stay tuned.

[via gamasutra.com]

Obvious78

Obvious78 said:

Seriously? It will not be playable on the Wii U this E3? Would have loved to see it on Nintendo's new system! :(Ahhw ell..there will be plenty other stuff which will make me jump of my chair!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

They did port Mass Effect for Windows, so that's probably a better example of something good they've done

luminalace

luminalace said:

Kind of strange! Never heard of Demiurge studios but considering Gearbox's apparent love for the Wii U, this team probably knows it's stuff!

Spanjard

Spanjard said:

Couldn't care if they screw this up, it already looks screwed up in my opinion...

Savino

Savino said:

DonĀ“t know what to think.Get back to you when I play the game.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

hmm, well i hope it doesnt take 9 months to create this game. But i assume it was already in development (the wii u version that is) for some time.

lockelocke

lockelocke said:

With Nintendo pushing the idea of third party support and cross-platform games, I will be a real sad panda if developers just farm out their Wii-U iterations. Hopefully this won't be a trend across the life cycle of the console...

Oman316

Oman316 said:

The thing that concerns me is that we've been hearing about this game for 12 months,, a developer that I've never heard of is @ the helm and we're not going to get it @ launch........... I hope gearbox has a plan in place!!!!

Neram

Neram said:

I don't get why these development studios always pass their Nintendo platform projects on to smaller teams. They should take the responsibility themselves and put as much effort into it as other platforms, imo.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

@Neram yea, i though that was the whole point of getting those third parties to develop there games for the Wii U !