Natsume Brings New Voice Actors to Lufia and Rune Factory Series

Posted by James Newton

Possible plush pre-order too

Natsume announced Rune Factory 3 a few months back, with the promise of new features including a multiplayer mode, and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals is set to arrive from Natsume before 2010 is history. Both games will arrive with a sparkling audio overhaul, courtesy of a new voiceover company bringing the scripts to life.

Natsume's Vice President of Operations, Graham Markay, spoke to Siliconera about the desire to bring gamers a quality translation after some less-than favourable comments about the voiceover work in previous titles.

It is a lot to digest. It’s a huge script. Lots of little text here and there. We know fans want it as soon as possible, and we want to get it to them as soon as possible. We want to put out the best possible product that we can.

Markay also spoke about the possibility of offering a pre-order incentive plush toy along the lines of Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar's plush horse. The current frontrunner is a Golden Woolie, with Markay taking note of online discussion, so speak now if you want a collectable golden sheep or forever hold your peace.

[via siliconera.com]

Related Games

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I can't wait to get my hands on these two games. Be fun to hear the voice overs finally.

SuperPeach

SuperPeach said:

I loved the 2nd Rune Factory (didn't play the first) I'm considering getting this. There was voice acting in the 2nd one, honestly it was kind of bland. Hopefully it'll be better in these.

retrox

retrox said:

"Sim sim sim sala-BIM!" Arrrgh. I'm certainly not going to miss that voice. Hopefully some of the performances will be less wooden this time around.

Taya

Taya said:

I don't really care about voice actors (I always turn voices off if there is an option to do so) but this news is good because it shows that Natsume is putting more effort into their games. I would prefer fewer spelling errors and glitches to having decent voice actors though.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Considering how many plush reservation bonuses for Harvest Moon-related games I've seen come through GameStop in the past couple years, I'd just ASSUME there was something coming for the next one.:P

The voice acting for Lufia better be flipping AMAZING. I'm still not entirely convinced this remake's going to do the original justice to begin with, and bad voicing would only make things worse.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Right there with ya Stuffgamer1... there was a magic to just "everything" in Lufia II that I really hope Natsume can recapture-- not necessarily for me, but for those that have never had a chance to experience this emotional game (and series).

Ashen_Iris

Ashen_Iris said:

@SuperPeach: That's to bad, the first Rune Factory was better then the second. I couldn't get over playing as a 10 year old in the second one :P

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

screw Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals the worst remake i have ever seen i hope it sells so bad that companies learn their lesson
but rune factory thats a game ii can't wait for

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I would like the sheep... to remind me how this (Rune factory X) is one of the FEW games that doesn't leave me feeling like I've been fleeced once I've played it...Looking forward to this one as well. ANY decent voice-over work would be a major improvement.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

the voices in the first rune factory are... awkward... imagine someone saying "thank you-for-coming~" in a boring voice and fast at the same time.