Majesco's Working On Two New Tetris Games

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

One for Wii, one for DS.

Because there's never enough Tetris to go around, Majesco and Tetris Online, Inc. today announced two new falling block puzzlers, one for Wii and one for DS.

The involvement of Tetris Online seems to indicate that the titles will be downloadable, considering the company is behind WiiWare's Tetris Party and XBLA's Tetris Splash. It'd be curious to bring another one to WiiWare since the one already there still sells very well. But a DSiWare version, now that makes a bundle of sense.

The games are slated for a Spring 2010 release. We'll neatly stack future details for you as they fall from the sky.

apocalypse217

apocalypse217 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Tetris. The only one I really played was the original Gameboy one. I would get addicted to it but I have not had a desire to play a Tetris game in more than ten years.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I'd buy Tetris DS pieces if they carved it up for DSiWare, but getting some Majesco port is just disappointing. Push Mode is the greatest innovation in Tetris since its birth, and I'm sure they won't have it; neither will they have a tenth of the style or charm of that already existing game.

I already own Tetris DS, by the way, but I would see a great benefit to permanently glueing parts of it to my DSi menu for a few bucks. A generic Majesco port, not so much.

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

As strange as it sounds, I've never played Tetris before. Maybe I'll try it with one of these.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

There goes my hope that Tetris DS would be resurrected on DSiWare...with Majesco doing it, there's just no way! :(
But...they could make something good, and at least it wouldn't be discontinued way the heck too fast like Tetris DS was. :P

AVahne

AVahne said:

dont think we need another tetris for wii,Tetris Party is already great for tetris fans

said:

Tetris is one of the greatest games of all time. Is great that they are releasing a DSi version.

But why another wii version? I don't get it. Unless it brings something radical but I doubt it.

Terra

Terra said:

I always thought that if we got a DSiWare Tetris, it would have been from Nintendo's DS release but a new game is still all good. From Majesco though, my hopes for the games aren't too high.

As for another Wii version, it would have to be a very different game to Tetris Party to even have a chance. If they released it at a cheaper price, kept the online and added features you couldn't get in Tetris Party (Such as new, different modes and extra support features) then maybe it would have a chances. What are the odds though of that happening? I'd say slim.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

The dsi needs it's own downloadable Tetris. I would much prefer Tetris DS Express or the Game Boy original over this. They will get my money but I'm not happy about it!