Space Invaders Get Even Coming To US WiiWare December 1st

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Taito has just announced that Space Invaders Get Even will be hitting the North American WiiWare service on Monday, December 1st. The game is set 30 years after the original Space Invaders title and this time reverses the role putting the player in charge of the invading aliens as they attack Earth in an attempt to destroy humanity.

While it's not been officially confirmed yet, the title is expected to sell for 500 Wii Points, the same price point as the Japanese and European releases. You'll only get the first stage with your original purchase, but you can buy additional stage packs for 500 Wii Points each that contain 2 stages and one new ship.

We'll have more information on the North American release of Space Invaders Get Even as it becomes available and for those who are still on the fence about picking up the game, you can check out our full review of the game.

SOURCE: Shack News

Luigi

Luigi said:

First comment... Yay! I won't be getting this game, but this sounds like great news for MANY other Americans!

Most-Excellent

Most-Excellent said:

HEY, first comment was my spot! I was just editting it since I was writting it!!! DARN IT, I saw it first!!! :(

But I saw this news while I was surfing Nintendo Everything and Go Nintendo just an hour ago; like I usually do every boring lame day on the computer! ;)

Anyway glad Space Invaders finally has a release date; people can stop whinning!! ;)

I just also hope Castlevania 3 comes out... even if it doesn't there'll still be major whinners who still do whine about it over at VC reviews; like myself!!! :(
I'm also getting majorly dissapointed and still angry, fed up, you know I love to complain because there's NO CASTLEVANIA 3!!! :(

shadows262

shadows262 said:

i think the game has amazing graphics but the price for the DLC and the 700 blocks it takes is outragous
its a NO!! way for me

gameking23

gameking23 said:

Yay for all those who want this game! :) I'm not one of them, but at least now those of you who want this will be happy.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

I'll actually buy the starter kit, then if I am dying for more...I'll buy Strongbad. What you expected me to say I'll buy the packs? I might later on.

Ferret75

Ferret75 said:

Due to the memory amounts, I'll just start with the starter pack for a while. =P

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Wahoo!!!! Finally Space Invaders: Get Even, time to get te Wii Points, just need some dang space!!!

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

As this game is on my list of "games to DL after the storage problem gets solved" I don't care if its released now or next year :P, but I'm glad for everyone who wants it.

ness

ness said:

@ "Is the game worth it?":

Read the review ;-).

(The short version: Yes^^)

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

Is all the DLC available from day one btw? Might consider this, just need to clear off most of my downloads to fit it all in :p

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

It still seems a bit odd to me that devs are able to give us release dates that are accurate, compared to the old "wait... our game's made it onto the Shop Channel?" days.

Paul-B

Paul-B said:

this has been available in aussie land for at least a month (well i got my wii online last month so maybe longer) weird hey, yet we are still waiting for world of goo!! 0_o

PALgamer

PALgamer said:

Hope you like it NTSCgamer, because I didn't, I thought it was too slow.
(Thank you Taito for the low entry price) I think more developers should try this, could be like a paying demo. Sell the first level, room, etc, for 500 Wii points, you try it, and if you like it buy the rest... but keep it cheap :P
... OHHHhh wait!!! Couldn't they give the first level free, like some Nintendo channels do, and then pay for the whole game via DLC? End of WiiWare, beginning of ShareWare!