Japanese Virtual Console list - August 2007

Posted by Darren Calvert

Nintendo of Japan have updated their list of upcoming games for the Japanese Virtual Console for August 2007. There's nothing really new or exciting about this list, however we did find it interesting that Gradius is being released again on the PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 format when the NES version is already available on the VC!

Next Week

• Crack Down
  • Sonic 3
  • ESWAT: City Under Siege

PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16:

• Gradius
  • Image Fight
  • Dragon's Curse (AKA Adventure Island)
  • Ordyne
  • Drop Off

ouenben

ouenben said:

There's not going to be anything new on the VC ever :P (WiiWare is not VC)

However I beg to differ as Sonic 3 is half a great game (the other half being Sonic & Knuckles. Combined they make the all mighty Sonic 3 & knuckles!

BJ1

BJ1 said:

Aww, they get Sonic 3 in August! I hope we get it by then, too!

__daza

daza said:

Oh I love Ordyne soo much. I can't wait for it to come to the UK.

Kevin

Kevin said:

Since they're getting SMB2 USA hopefully that means SMB2 Japan is on the way to us soon. I'm glad Sonic 3 is coming sooner than I thought! Great game. I can't wait to see what they're going to do with sonic and knuckles/sonic 3 & knuckles.

Hattes

Hattes said:

"Since they're getting SMB2 USA hopefully that means SMB2 Japan is on the way to us soon."

No, it doesn't, since it was actually released in Japan as "Super Mario Bros. USA".

PlayerOne

PlayerOne said:

Presumably the only way we could get SMB2 Japan is if they release Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES.

__Ajnejedi

Ajnejedi said:

I have to having never owned a Gamecube before getting the Wii, that going out and finding the Sonic Mega Collection (7 sonic games and ristar) and Mega Man 15th Anniversary collection (Mega Man 1-8 and 2 never released in US) is better than downloading all the games individually. I love the VC, but i now own every sonic and Mega Man game (plus a wireless Gamecube controller and Memory card) for less than $50. So you don't have to wait for Sonic 3 to come out if you go to your local used video game stores and find it.

Thores

Thores said:

Hm, that's interesting. Japan was supposed to get NeoGeo games this Summer, and here it is, last month of summer and no NeoGeo games. I guess it's been delayed for some reason?

__Oui_Oui

Oui_Oui said:

@ PlayerOne

Which would be impossible and a very stupid move by Ninty :)

Hope they don't release the All-Stars, or I want my points back! :P

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Thores, I am guessing NeoGeo will be coming out in September; just an educated hunch.

Now the most exciting game of that list is Sonic 3.