Deluxe or debunked?
The deluxe name has been mentioned quite a bit recently, with Mario Kart 8 using the title and justifying the branding. With aspirations for eShop success Astro Duel Deluxe voyages to the Nintendo Switch accompanied by some exclusive add-ons that promise anarchic fun through same-screen multiplayer. Does it earn the reputable...
About The Game
Battle your friends in space! (Then run over their pilots!)
Astro Duel Deluxe includes new features and gameplay created for the Nintendo Switch!
ASTRO DUEL DELUXE is a fun, frenetic same-screen local multiplayer party game for 1 to 6 players!
Game rounds are quick and defeat is sudden as you blast enemy ships, or run over your friends' shipless pilots. (Hilarity ahead!)
- Play anywhere – On the TV, on the go, or even face up on a table or floor!
- Play with multiple controller types (including touch screen)
- Wipe out your friends' squad in "Team Annihilation" mode
- 6-player "Chaos" mode (More open arenas support Free-For-All and 3v3)
- Pilot Selection – Pick from 6 pilots to control, including Box Cat and Chomper
- Instant Replay after completing each round
- Additional music
- Wacky "Touch" mode – Ships can only turn in one direction!
- Battle your friends or team up to take on CPU opponents
- Run over pilots in "Pilot Hunters" mode, battle for the most kills in "Ship Hunters," or join forces in "Team Deathmatch"
- Arm your ship with offensive and defensive powerups including missiles, lasers, jousters and shields
- Dynamic arenas provide a host of hiding places and hazards – Avoid turrets, death beams, and black holes
- Mix up play with Game Modifiers (enable asteroids, starting power-ups, super dashes, and so much more)