The dream that, to be fair, probably only a handful of complete weirdos ever truly had, is nevertheless now a reality: with its much-heralded release on Switch, in a DLC-complete edition, it’s now possible to play Skyrim on the toilet. Or, more likely, in bed, or on a train or plane. Or even in the toilet of a train or plane. And so...
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Guides
Switch, Pokémon, Star Fox, Smash Bros., Fortnite, and more
The hype is real for this year's E3. We've got a resurgent Nintendo, riding on the crest of Switch's enormous success. As a result, every publisher and their mum is trying to squeeze games onto the hybrid console faster than you can say Call of Duty (apart from, it would seem, Activision)...
With and without amiibo
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now available on the Switch and, as you may well already be aware, it is possible to equip a small selection of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild-inspired items to your character. If you feel like ditching your standard everyday weapons to charge around Skyrim with a Master Sword in hand...
And things we wish we knew before playing
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has finally arrived on a Nintendo console for the first time and, for many of you reading this, this could well be the first time that the vast land of Skyrim has been on your screens. The pure size of games like Skyrim can be rather overwhelming and you may well be wondering how...
About The Game
Epic Fantasy Reborn
Winner of 200+ Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim® arrives on the Nintendo Switch™ console. The open-world adventure from Bethesda Game Studios® where you can virtually be anyone and do anything, now allows you to go anywhere—at home and on the go. New features include motion controls, gear based on the Legend of Zelda™ series, and amiibo™ compatibility.
Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned and the future of Skyrim hangs in the balance. As Dragonborn, the prophesized hero born with the power of The Voice, you are the only one who can stand against them.
Live another life, in another world—from battling ancient dragons, exploring rugged mountains, building a home, or mastering hundreds of weapons, spells and abilities. For the first time ever, go into battle Legend of Zelda style: fight with the Master Sword, guard with the Hylian Shield, while wearing the Champion's Tunic. The game also includes official add-ons—Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
- The legendary open-world masterpiece from Bethesda Game Studios comes to the Nintendo SwitchTM system
- Includes all content from official add-ons: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn
- Uncover the mystery behind the return of the dragons in a massive open world to explore any way you choose
- Live another life, in another world and create your own custom character, and do virtually whatever you want.
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. The character system allows you to play almost any way you want and define yourself through your actions
- Your decisions matter in a world that changes dynamically based on your choices
- Use motion controls to battle with melee weapons, aim your bow, or pick locks, exclusively on Nintendo Switch