Forums

Topic: newbie playing Wiiware games

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

tav2000

Hi, do I have to have the Wii connected to the internet to play the wiiware games or is it possible to play from the SD card??? If so what do I need on the card.
Thanks.

tav2000

Sneaker13

First you need to buy the games from the store (which is online). When you bought it, it will ask where to download the game. On the normal Wii Memory or a SD Card. It then can be played offline directly from the memory or the card. For online games of course, you have to be online to play multiplayer.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

tav2000

Thanks m8

tav2000

theblackdragon

@tav: once you've downloaded the WiiWare games to your Wii or SD card, you don't have to stay connected to the internet in order to play them on your own. If you've bought games that offer DLC (My Life as a Darklord, for example), though, you'll need to be connected to the internet in order to purchase and download said DLC, but not to play the game once all your downloading is over.

also, if you're wanting to play against others over the internet (some wiiware games offer wi-fi connection play), you'll obviously need to keep your Wii connected, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

tav2000

theblackdragon, I have 1 game on the SD card (been given it to try) do I need anything on the Sd card apart from the game to be able to play it on my own? Reason not online is that I have terrible connection speed. This is first time trying to play Wiiware games so really just trying it out.
thanks for your help

tav2000

Sneaker13

No, don't need anything else. Just go to main screen, at the bottom is an SD icon, click on it and you see the game. After that, there is no need to be online. It's just like installing a game on a hard drive of a PC.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

theblackdragon

@tav: nope, you just need to be at System Menu 4.0 or later in order to access the SD Card Menu. Just click the little SD card icon while you're on the Wii Menu and the screen will shift to show you what games are available on the card for you to play. Click one, load it, and go.

as for 'given', I do hope you're saying it's been gifted to you via the Wii Shop. If you're saying a friend copied a game from their own Wii to your SD card and you're trying to play it on your own Wii, it won't work. WiiWare/VC games are locked to the Wii they were downloaded on and can't be shared in that manner. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

tav2000

Thanks alot for your help both of you. Will try it out later.

Edited on by tav2000

tav2000

Bikertov

tav2000 - you will find that you can't just borrow a downloaded game from a friend - as theblackdragon says, they are locked to the Wii they were downloaded on.

However, once you have downloaded the actual game, it just plays on the console and does not need a connection. This means that your connection speed will only effect the initial download, not any playing of the game itself.

At the moment, there are about 4 demo WiiWare games available from the Wii Shop - including a demo of World of Goo - one of the best games around.

How long ago did you connect your Wii ? If it was recently (within the last 28 days), you can take part in the Connection Ambassador program and get 500 free points. This is enough to download a game to try for yourself. You can use my Wii number as the 'person who helped you' - 3876 0483 1264 2433
. Then send me your number Wii so I can complete the process. Let me know if you want more details of this.

Edited on by Bikertov

Bikertov

geek-master

Bikertov wrote:

tav2000 - you will find that you can't just borrow a downloaded game from a friend - as theblackdragon says, they are locked to the Wii they were downloaded on.

However, once you have downloaded the actual game, it just plays on the console and does not need a connection. This means that your connection speed will only effect the initial download, not any playing of the game itself.

At the moment, there are about 4 demo WiiWare games available from the Wii Shop - including a demo of World of Goo - one of the best games around.

How long ago did you connect your Wii ? If it was recently (within the last 28 days), you can take part in the Connection Ambassador program and get 500 free points. This is enough to download a game to try for yourself. You can use my Wii number as the 'person who helped you' - 6378 7096 4989 0972. Then send me your number Wii so I can complete the process. Let me know if you want more details of this.

have you ever heard of wiiconnect24?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.