Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 981 to 998 of 998

Pigeon

@gcunit

Cheers dude.

So, uh, how does Mario Power Tennis on wii stack up to Wii U? Can you use the wiimotes on the Wii U Mario Tennis?

Might check out thta boom blox game. I've heard of it.

Wii Sports would be nice, but trying to buy even a used copy is more expensive than it's probably worth.

Pigeon

gcunit

@Pigeon I've not played Ultra Smash, but from what I remember I don't think motion control is a feature, whereas it is on Wii Power Tennis.

EA's Grand Slam tennis on Wii is another good tennis game, but it's just straight forward tennis without any novelty stuff. Good with the Wii Remote Plus though.

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Pigeon

gcunit wrote:

@Pigeon I've not played Ultra Smash, but from what I remember I don't think motion control is a feature, whereas it is on Wii Power Tennis.

EA's Grand Slam tennis on Wii is another good tennis game, but it's just straight forward tennis without any novelty stuff. Good with the Wii Remote Plus though.

Righty ho, many thanks. I'll keep an eye out for all of them.

Pigeon

Vinny

I don't have Pikmin yet, do the New Play Control! versions control better than the GC ones?

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

Discord: This cord
Tumblr: Where I post... stuff.

ToddlerNaruto

Hi guys, can someone please give me some recommendations? These are the games I own so far.

My Wii Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/community/Toddler_Naruto/games/owned?...
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Epic Mickey
MadWorld
Metroid: Other M
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

3DS Friend Code: 4141-7621-4210 | Nintendo Network ID: ToddlerNaruto | Twitter:

caheaton

@ToddlerNaruto
Online isn't active anymore, but Mario Kart is still fun. If you like board games then Hasbro Family Game Night (1 & 2, maybe 3) are good titles (my favorites with that series include Connect4 & Battleship). If you enjoy horror titles you may enjoy Silent Hill Shattered Memories and The Calling. For sports, I've enjoyed Madden NFL 11 (and of course Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort). Donkey Kong Country Returns is a fine platformer. World of Goo is a neat little puzzler (it's a download game, with a free demo available).

Edited on by caheaton

caheaton

isaldragonknight

Hi guys, wanna ask...

What are some good Wii & Gamecube games per genre? (Sport, dancing, horror,karaoke,action, adventure, simulation, etc) can you name it for me ?
Thanks alot good people

isaldragonknight

samus1818

My Recommendations I'm still buying and playing Wii games!!!
1. Okami. I love Okami! I still have to play Okamiden for DS.
2. Mario All-Stars
3. Super Mario Galaxy.
4. Zelda Twilight Princess
5. Zelda Skyward Sword
6. Little King's Story
7. The Last Story-Has really good voice acting and fun! This game surprised me. I want a sequel!
8. DeBlob. Cute and creative. BUT, can leave me dizzy after 40 mins of gameplay LOL
9. Xenoblade Chronicles. At the end!
10. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Of course ) I have Other M, and I'm going to get to it as soon as I unlock secret ending on MP3
11. Link's Crossbow Training. I found for 50 cents. Has about 10 levels and fun! I find that people overlook this game. Doesn't require you to invest tons of time.You don't need that plastic gun to mount wiimote.
12. House of Dead 2 & 3 Both on same disk
13. Dead Space Extraction. Scary and good!
-I know I have more, but I'm going to stop here LOL

samus1818

SKTTR

I already have all the games you recommended, don't stop. ^^

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Pahvi

@SKTTR You could've just dropped "you recommended" and still be quite close to being accurate.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

Knighty_IX

Alright, I got myself the original Wii (the one with GameCube backwards compatibility) for free and I want buy some games but I'm having trouble deciding with a certain few.

Games: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword

Problem: Both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both got HD remaster treatments on the Wii U, sooner or later it's possible that Skyward Sword is going to get the same treatment. I don't plan on getting a Wii U, but I do plan on getting a Switch a few years later down the road.

What should I do?
a.) Wait for Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD to be ported over to the Switch
b.) Buy all three for the original Wii (Wind Waker GCN version)
c.) Hah! In your dreams, why don't you go buy a Wii U?
d.) Zelda's overrated as hell, don't buy them

Game: Okami

Problem: Okami HD was announced about a month ago for every current gen hardware except for the Switch

What should I do?
a.) Pray that Okami HD comes to the Switch, so I can buy it on the Switch later on
b.) Buy the Wii version
c.) Nah man, it's better on the Playstation (insert 2 or 3 here)
d.) Just buy Okami HD for the ________
e.) Okami's terrible, don't buy it

Games: Resident Evil (REmake), Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4

Problem?: Not really a problem, just a matter of preference and I'd like to see people's opinions on which versions the best.

What should I do?
a.) Buy the Wii version(s)
b.) Motion controls are an abomination, get the GameCube version(s)
c.) GCN/Wii graphics are garbage nowadays, buy an HD port instead for the _______
d.) Stay right there while I get the chainsaw!
e.) Ugh tank controls, don't buy 'em

Game: Monster Hunter Tri

Problem: I never played Monster Hunter at all, need recommendations

What should I do?
a.) WHAT?! YOU"VE NEVER PLAYED MONSTER HUNTER BEFORE?!
b.) MONSTER HUNTER IS THE GREATEST FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME, PLAY EVERY ONE OF THEM NOW!
c.) Buy it, it's a good Monster Hunter game
d.) Don't buy it, there are better Monster Hunters than this one (I have a 3DS)
e.) I don't like Monster Hunter, don't buy it

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Sunshine

Problem: The chances of an HD remaster makes me feel hesitant on buying them for the Wii

What should I do?
a.) Just buy them as they are, don't worry if they get an HD port/remaster
b.) Hmmm... it would be wise to be prudent and wait to see how things turn out
c.) Hmmm... Checkmate! Oh sorry I'm playing chess with c.)
d.) Don't buy them
e.) Excuse me sir, may I suggest a certain emulator with a name of an aquatic mammal?

All joking aside, just need some help choosing whether or not I should buy these games for the Wii or take a different course of action.

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

Pahvi

MonHun Tri: Don't get the Wii game. I understand its online features went down years ago for good, and to enjoy it, you need multiplayer. I don't play MonHun games at all, and even I "know" this.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

soma

@Knighty_IX

1. Zelda: I don't think Wind Waker or Twilight are going to be ported again. It's possible but I doubt it. Skyward Sword it's possible as it didn't use the pointer functionality of the Wiimote, so maybe it can work the same with the Switch controls.

2. Okami: Haven't played Okami but it was said that the Wii version was the best thanks to the pointer controls.

3. Resident Evil: RE4 is the same as Okami, pointer controls made it the best version. RE Remake and Zero, as far as I know, were almost the same as the GameCube version, but with WideScreen support or things like that. I knew they don't have motion controls, but I'm not really sure. If this is true, I would get the Wii version so you don't need to buy a memory card.... unless you already have other GameCube games.

4. Monster Hunter: Don't get the Wii version, I'm sure for Switch we'll see a new game.

5. Mario: Again, because of the pointer controls I don't know if we'll see Mario Galaxy ports, but even if they make it, I think pointer controls are great. Sunshine is a possibility to see a port. I say buy the Galaxy games and wait for a port of Sunshine... unless you can buy it really cheap.

soma

Knighty_IX

Alright time to remove Monster Hunter Tri off my list

I'm still unsure on the Zelda games...
edit: So GC Twilight Princess > Wii Twilight Princess, but at a higher cost

Maybe I'll buy Okami for the Wii, HD is kinda tempting but its art style makes it up
edit: Alright, I'm definitely going for the Wii version

So far I'm leaning towards the Wii versions of the Resident Evil
edit: Both GameCube and Wii versions of REmake and 0 are only 4:3 aspect ratios, but I can live with that. I'll probably get all three for the Wii, considering RE4 also supports both classic and motion controls.

I can get the Galaxy games pretty cheap, although for Sunshine I probably can get one in the $30-40 range
edit: Alright I'll get the two Mario Galaxy games considering how cheap they are, and Sunshine sometime later down the line

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

Octane

@Knighty_IX It all depends on how much you're willing to spend. I don't keep track of all resell prices, but I believe Wind Waker on the GameCube fetches quite a high price. The Wii Zelda games should be available for cheap, but the GameCube version of Twilight Princess is the definite version IMO. But consider yourself lucky if you can find a copy for less then $60, the Wii version is a good alternative. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both must haves in my opinion.

As for Ōkami, just get the Wii version. I can't be that expensive, right? Plus, the pointer controls make it the definitive version.

Capcom loves porting games though, and the RE games may get ported too sooner than later. I haven't played them, but if the Wii controls were really better in those games, consider getting the Wii version.

I don't think Nintendo ever ported a 3D Mario game to another console (64 DS doesn't really count, it was terrible), so you could be waiting for quite a while. Maybe they'll release them digitally like they did on the Wii U, but again, who knows when they start their VC service again, so you could be waiting for quite a while in that case too. Wii games shouldn't be too expensive, so I'm sure you can find Galaxy 1 and 2 for a good price. Sunshine is my personal favourite, but as a GameCube game it's a little more expensive.

Out of these games, Sunshine is the least likely to receive a port anytime soon. It was one of the few games that used the GameCube's analog triggers, and the Switch doesn't have them, they're digital triggers.

Octane

EmirParkreiner

Some Wii games i'd strongly recommend:

Sin & Punishment Star Successor
Muramasa
Opoona
Castle of Shikigami 3 (available in JP and America, but not in Europe)
No More Heroes 1&2
Madworld
Little King's Story
Project Zero/Fatal Frame 2 Remake (available in JP and Europe, but not in America)
The Last Story

EmirParkreiner

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic