Forums

Topic: Nintendo Boy: Game Reviewer: Nintendo E3 2009

Posts 1 to 1 of 1

ItsFuzzyPickles

Nintendo E3 2009 Press Conference
Untitled
Untitled

Has Nintendo manage to pull off an solid conference this time around or is it just a repeat of the notoriously hated E3 2008?

Hello there everyone! Super Smash Bros. Fan1999 here with a review of Nintendo E3 2009 Conference. After watching part of the confrence live and getting all the information about it, I'm finally ready to do a review on the confrence.

[b]What happened at Nintendo E3 2009*: It all began with Cammie walking to the stage. She was talking about a series that has made over 200 appreance in a game and the series has sold 200 million copies She litterally gave out the answer without telling us, it was a new Mario! The game she announced was a New! Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii. The game is called New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Shegiru Miyamoto always wanted a mutiplayer Mario game in the main series and it looks like he may have finally hae achieved that dream. The game let's you do co-op with up to four players in the adventure mode (Of course you can play by yourself), which should supposedly help you with the tough levels. You can also do four-player against each other, like for example to see who is the last standing. You can also ride Yoshi, which would make him unplayable, but we can't be greedy! Overall, and extermly promising game and I cannot wait for it! It's coming this holiday, so the wait isn't going to be forever, but it'll be a while before we see it.

Also at E3 was of course Wii Sport Resort, Nintendo's first Wii MotionPlus game. They've reveil a few mini-games, most sounds boring, however, I'm particularly intrested in the skydiving game, which is the first activity you'll encounter in the game. Very intresting and I may pick this up.

However, the wait for playing a game with MotionPlus is almost over. In six days, EA first MotionPlus titles - Tiger Wood PGA Tour 10 and Grand Slam Tennis will take advantage of the feature. Expect the Wii version of Tiger Wood PGA Tour 10 to be on par with the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version (Graphic isn't everything you know, even then it's a great-looking game). Grand Slam Tennis, however depends if the Metacritics score is higher then Virtua Tennis 2009 Wii version. Both have there advantage and disadvantage. EA Sport only reveil Tiger Wood PGA Tour 10.

Then came Wii Fit Plus. When I saw it, it looked so boring, however, by going to the Nintendo Channel, it looks very promising. But seriously, why make a sequel when we already have one just released eleven months ago? Then again, it'll be bundled with the Wii Balance Board, so I may get it just for the Wii Balance Board. I wasn't impressed by that

Next up was Satoru Iwata rambling about something that didn't make sense. Sure I liked being informed that we have almost 300 million players (That's a lot of gamers, wouldn't you think?), but most of his rambling was sooo boring, it was a disappointment. Especially the part when he announced the Vitality Sensor accessory, which looks like it's going to suck. Usually, according to gamers, he's someone to look forward too, especially since he's the global president of Nintendo. Not this time around suckers. Althought he did remind us of The Legend of Zelda: Spirts Track.

Luckily, Cammie went back into the stage, personally I think she was the best of the bunch. We got to the handheld side of Nintendo gaming.

What I liked (Even thought I missed it on live) was the final confirmation that Golden Sun 3 is indeed coming next year. This was a great announcement for it rest assured that the franchise is going forward and not dead in a rut. Looks very promising, plan to get it.

I also liked the announcement of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again. It's going to be available for the DSiWare service. Sure it may be mostly the same thing as Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, but it's going to have level editiors and online sharing. And best of all? It's coming this very Monday. Look forward to getting it, number one in my "DSiWare games to get" list. If you have previously played Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, you probably want to skip on this, since it's mostly the same game as Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis. However, if your like me who never gotten the oppertunity to play it, look forward to Mario and Donke Kong next installment.

She also announced Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, where after Bowser eats an evil mushroom, sucks everyone inside him. Also a promising game.

Oh and don't forget Style Saavy. I don't know how this is going to work, but it probably won't, unless it's made by Nintendo, and then questionable.

Dunaway announced C.O.P: The Recruit, which is an on-foot and driving shooting game.

And it only got better from there. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was announced at Nintendo E3 2009 Press Confrence. I loved it. Mario riding on Yoshi was enough to highly anticapate it, even more so of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It also has more unique things in it. It makes we wonder whenever Shigeru Miyamoto is trying to make an revolution by making and 4D Mario game. I believe that Super Mario Galaxy and it's upcoming sequel are the stepping stone for the 4D revolution. My very most anticapated game as of right now, maybe even more so then "The Conduit". Look forward to it's released in 2010, but the wait won't be easy.

We've were also treated to three promising third-party games. The Conduit, which is hailed as the savior of the Wii, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, which looks like to be a far better game then it's already solid sequel, and Dead Space: Extraction, who promises to scare the **** out of the hardcore gamers and give them nightmares, just like in the original title for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. All three mentioned are Wii exclusives, so if all turns out to be great, we might as well start a parade!

But does Nintendo have a game with a sharp edge? Indeed they do. It's Metroid: Other M! I absolutely loved the trailer. It looks like to be one of the best Metroid games we have. While there's the Metroid Prime Trilogy, I got turned off by the lack of online play, so I say, I don't care if the trilogy bomb. However, the new game for the Wii excites me very much. The action is increiable, plus I loved the voice acting. I absolutely cannot wait for this, I anticapate it almost as much as The Conduit and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and as much as New Super Mario Bros. Wii. This game is developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo and will released in 2010.

Pros.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii announced.

*More info on Wii Sport Resort

*Finally getting some information on Mario & Luigi: Inside Bowser's Inside Story.

*A sequel to the legendary Super Mario Galaxy announced.

*Confirmation that Red Steel 2 is an Wii MotionPlus exclusive and that it's bundled with the accessory. Responsive swordplay is promised.

*Another Metroid game that sounds exciting.

*Finally manage to get Team Ninja to jump to the Wii boat.

*Cammie did a much better job this time around.

*Being able to see three previously announced third-party game that were very promsing.

*More hardcore games overall.

*Cons.:

Having a sequel to an exercise game announced.

*An unecessary accessory announced.

*Satoru Iwata was disappointing.

*Most of Wii Sport Resort new sports was boring, with the exception of the skydiving game.

*No announcement on a DSi Virtual Console.

*No information whatsoever on the next-gen Kirby game. Is it in development hell?

*No video on Sin & Punishment 2 at Nintendo E3 2009, the game was already announced, why not show off a video of it? Oh well, at least we have one at Nintendo Life.

*Announcing a game that will only appeal to certain casual audience, which is Style Saavy. Expect it to bomb.

*Conclusion: In conclusion, it may not be an epic conference we all hoped for and we all were disappointed about some part of the conference, but overall, it was a very good conference. See four new Mario games at E3 is unprecedented by me, plus Nintendo and Team Ninja are working together for once, and there doing it in a upcoming Metroid game! I loved the conference, in fact, I think it's better then the Nintendo E3 2007 conference. Sadly, most hardcore gamers outside of Nintendo Life will not feel the same way. Watch Youtube rants of Nintendo E3 2009 pop up like crazy, all because they think Nintendo is there own toys to play with.

Score: 8.2/10. Nintendo isn't back when it comes to E3, but it's a huge step in the what-should-be-obvious-but-most-hardcore-gamers-don't-realize right direction

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.