Forums

Topic: Anybody play the Wii U on 480p just cause?

Posts 21 to 24 of 24

kyuubikid213

Actually, no. I've never tried it. The Wii I have can only go up to 480p if I use the component cable and the 360 my brother got me didn't have the component cables with it (however, it now uses the Wii U's HDMI cable, the Wii U uses the Wii's component cable, and the Wii gets the composite cables it came with), but I've never willingly played any HD games in 480p.

I'm curious to see what you've stumbled upon here and when I go back home after this overnighter at work, I'll be sure to try that and see...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

The_Fox

If I wanted things to look blurrier and less focused I'd just walk around without my glasses.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

PloXyZeRO

I always play in 1080p unless I'm playing on a CRT TV (dat 0 latency doe)...in which case I'm forced to use 480i
But I would never play in 480p just for "fun"...lol. There really aren't many reasonable benefits to that (since it will not improve performance at all). The only one I can think of off the top of my head is to reduce file sizes for game capture devices.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

theexxs

Talking about blu-rays, I agree that digital shot films sometimes look faker, for example "Batman: The Dark Knight Rises", the IMAX parts (the parts that were filmed with digital cameras), look so fake to me, like the final battle for example. But other films, like Tron: Legacy look beautiful and amazing in HD. There's other shows like Game of Thrones who look incredible in HD (especially the blu-ray), and makes you feel like never going back to watch it on SD.

theexxs

Nintendo Network ID: alugox | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.