Forums

Topic: SSB64 confirmed for USA in 2009!

Posts 1 to 20 of 27

mariofan5000

I went on wikipedia and it says SSB64 will come out in 2009 for America but the month and day is not confirmed yet.

mariofan5000

Knux

Wikipedia AGAIN!? DO NOT TRUST WIKIPEDIA EVER!!

Knux

mariofan5000

why? because their VC coming soon list is crap?

mariofan5000

Tails

Because people lie on it Trust NintendoLife they got your back.

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

Knux

Because Wikipedia is very unreliable. For example,Wikipedia had Goldeneye 007 on their Coming Soon VC list,but we all know Goleneye 007 is NOT coming to the VC. There are many other examples too. Just DO NOT trust Wikipedia about VC releases.

Knux

theblackdragon

@mariofan5000: not only that, Wikipedia is easily modified by John Q. RandomIP, and video game release dates are often a point of contention between Wikipedia editors -- half the time, someone's changed the release date without any reason or source information, and no one's caught the change and fixed it yet. If you're using Wikipedia as a source for release date information, make sure you do your own research [read: google search] beforehand to confirm, or check the article's own source information if provided. There's a lot of release dates on Wikipedia at the moment using IGN for a source, and IGN still uses the ESRB website as their source from time to time, which is not reliable on its own.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Edwicket

I am one of Wikipedia's greatest fans and I think that you can almost always trust it. However, you cannot trust it in this situation because there is no source for the TBA 2009 release date. Unsourced material is garbage even in the eyes of the Wikipedia community.

Edwicket

mariofan5000

@SuperSonic1990: Well at least wikipedia didn't say Banjo Kazooie was coming. because we all know that is NEVER going to happen!

Edited on by mariofan5000

mariofan5000

JTC-Pingas

NEVER trust Wikipedia. Unless they cite sources as to where they got the information, don't trust them.

JTC-Pingas

Edwicket

JTCPingas09 wrote:

NEVER trust Wikipedia. Unless they cite sources as to where they got the information, don't trust them.

Wikipedia is the greatest collection of information in the history of humanity. And I agree that you should not trust unsourced information, but the fact is, most of the information IS sourced.

Edwicket

mariofan5000

i don't see goldeneye 007 on the wikipedia VC coming soon list.

mariofan5000

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Wikipedia is just an encylopedia people... end of story! Don't trust it for anything else other than what you already know; that is if you wish to look something up & read about it!

Same could be said about Video game pages on Wikipedia. You can read about them; but release dates aren't always accurate! It's like the same thing with GameStop... they're just predictions and nothing else!

The only thing you can trust is the company & when they officially announce release dates; or the games happen to shows up on the VC on the day it is released! End of story!

Now see how calm & rational my opinion & post right here was?! No need to go complaining as usual in this lame excuse of a thread on these stupid forums! SSB64 will come out eventually on the VC in due time; just have patinence!

Now where's my "Thank you Captain Obvious"... or "Thank you Captin Jack Sparrow"?!

Edited on by Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

JTC-Pingas

Sorry but your post was not calm Captain Jack Sparrow aka Party On Dude.

JTC-Pingas

irken004

Captain+Jack+Sparrow wrote:

Now where's my "Thank you Captain Obvious"... or "Thank you Captin Jack Sparrow"?!

how about where's my RUM?

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

JTCPingas09 wrote:

Sorry but your post was not calm Captain Jack Sparrow aka Party On Dude.

First off let's just say it was rational to the point; being on subject that Wikipedia is to never be trusted!

You can assume that all you want; but like I was going to straight out & say it in this not so funny but now I find ammusing thread, (which I wasn't planning on posting to let my secret go, haha)!
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/what_ha...
Also what makes you think you know what I talk like; I use smilies all of the time to express my emotions!
Just don't go shooting your mouth off & getting me banned yet again; (not saying the many number of times I've been anyway for no apparent reasons at all)! I hate it happening all of the time; & not being able to use those previous old names again; so let me stick to my new name for at least this once okay!
Let's face it JTCPingas09; I hate you & find you whinny & spoiled, & you hate me... end of discussion! You can reply to this comment right here all you want; but I'm not going to find it ammusing! Let's just let bygones be bygones, alright!

irken004 wrote:

Captain+Jack+Sparrow wrote:

how about where's my RUM?

That surely made me LOL! Yes I like Captain Jack Sparrow; & I totally dig his quotes!

Edited on by Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

mariofan5000

guys! i found out that super smash bros wikia also says TBA 2009! i think that might be the source!

mariofan5000

KnucklesSonic8

People are just assuming especially because of the upcoming release in EU.

KnucklesSonic8

feba

Wikipedia is generally a pretty reliable resource, but you have to learn how to distinguish what is and is not truthful. Some things are random stuff put in there for fun. Generally, look at the sources. If something is true, it will be in the sources, if something isn't, it will be very hard to find something to back it up. When in doubt, bring it up on the talk page.

feba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.