Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country

Showing 21 to 37 of 37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

21. Posted:

One of the best series of 2D platformers ever. Donkey Kong Country 2 is seriously one of the best 2D platformers of all time. I'm hoping for more DKC games (DKCR was awesome by the way) and eventually, a sequel to Donkey Kong 64 (yes, I enjoyed Donkey Kong 64, now STFU).

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

22. Posted:

I'd love to see a 4 player Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on the Wii U. Donke, Diddy, and Dixe would be the first three players but I wonder who P4 would be. Kiddy hasn't appeared in a game since DKC3 and Funky is supposedly a peaceful hippy.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

23. Posted:

SRArter wrote:

I'd love to see a 4 player Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on the Wii U. Donke, Diddy, and Dixe would be the first three players but I wonder who P4 would be. Kiddy hasn't appeared in a game since DKC3 and Funky is supposedly a peaceful hippy.

Kiddy Kong would still work in my opinion. But it'll be likely that Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong will be the only playable characters in Donkey Kong Country Returns 2...if it happens.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

24. Posted:

I would love a sequel to DKCR with inspiration from the second game or just a sequel in general. I did get a chance to play multiplayer on DC64 a couple years ago and it was pretty crazy, too bad it's not on the virtual console.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Arcticbird

25. Posted:

In my opinion, Donkey Kong Country returns is no true return to the classic DKC series at all. It's quite different. I didn't like returns at all. Never got Jungle beat either since that looked really stupid at first glance. DK64 is more like an extension of the Banjo Kazooie games on N64 than a real Donkey Kong game to me. I hated DK64 so I never made that effort to collect all the little pick me ups in five different colors. Still, DK64 is more creative than Returns. For one, the maneuverability was better (and more flexible) and the baddies were way more original. The different types of Kremlings. You have to understand that Returns was not made by the once active, brilliant team at RareWare. It was made by Retro Studios. The same company that developed MK7 and the Medroid Prime series up until the latest one. Their better at making FPS space games than racing or remade classic 2D Donkey Kong platformers.

And unlike a lot of you out there that prefer DKC2 over the first and third, my favorite in the series was DKC3 actually. And for the music, which was mostly done by Eveline Fisher.

Never played the GBA ports yet. (or gameboy color) I heard a few tunes for one of the DKC ports and I think that the remade soundtrack isn't bad.

Who wants to play Mario kart 7? I use Daisy, yellow pipe kart with beast glider - 3DS FC - 1177 - 6428 - 4846

AuthorMessage
Avatar

vio

26. Posted:

Arcticbird wrote:

In my opinion, Donkey Kong Country returns is no true return to the classic DKC series at all. It's quite different. I didn't like returns at all. Never got Jungle beat either since that looked really stupid at first glance. DK64 is more like an extension of the Banjo Kazooie games on N64 than a real Donkey Kong game to me. I hated DK64 so I never made that effort to collect all the little pick me ups in five different colors. Still, DK64 is more creative than Returns. For one, the maneuverability was better (and more flexible) and the baddies were way more original. The different types of Kremlings. You have to understand that Returns was not made by the once active, brilliant team at RareWare. It was made by Retro Studios. The same company that developed MK7 and the Medroid Prime series up until the latest one. Their better at making FPS space games than racing or remade classic 2D Donkey Kong platformers.

And unlike a lot of you out there that prefer DKC2 over the first and third, my favorite in the series was DKC3 actually. And for the music, which was mostly done by Eveline Fisher.

Never played the GBA ports yet. (or gameboy color) I heard a few tunes for one of the DKC ports and I think that the remade soundtrack isn't bad.

You're entitled to your opinion, but this entire post is rubbish. Retro does a great job with everything. DKCR is a masterpiece.

vio

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

27. Posted:

Arcticbird wrote:

In my opinion, Donkey Kong Country returns is no true return to the classic DKC series at all. It's quite different. I didn't like returns at all. Never got Jungle beat either since that looked really stupid at first glance. DK64 is more like an extension of the Banjo Kazooie games on N64 than a real Donkey Kong game to me. I hated DK64 so I never made that effort to collect all the little pick me ups in five different colors. Still, DK64 is more creative than Returns. For one, the maneuverability was better (and more flexible) and the baddies were way more original. The different types of Kremlings. You have to understand that Returns was not made by the once active, brilliant team at RareWare. It was made by Retro Studios. The same company that developed MK7 and the Medroid Prime series up until the latest one. Their better at making FPS space games than racing or remade classic 2D Donkey Kong platformers.

And unlike a lot of you out there that prefer DKC2 over the first and third, my favorite in the series was DKC3 actually. And for the music, which was mostly done by Eveline Fisher.

Never played the GBA ports yet. (or gameboy color) I heard a few tunes for one of the DKC ports and I think that the remade soundtrack isn't bad.

you gave reasons, but they don't mean anything. I could literally say "DKCR is interesting" and have said more about the game. Well except for implying DK64 had better maneuvability, which is false unless you are playing as Tiny or Lanky (and even then...eh...)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Arcticbird

28. Posted:

I said that the Snes Donkey kong series had better maneuvability and design controls. Thank you for reading :)

Who wants to play Mario kart 7? I use Daisy, yellow pipe kart with beast glider - 3DS FC - 1177 - 6428 - 4846

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AceGrey

29. Posted:

Master_Ryno wrote:

You know what I hate about Donkey Kong Country? The run button and roll are the same button. I wish roll was X.

you are so right!

POWER TO THE PLAYERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SparkOfSpirit

30. Posted:

I don't, because it would make rolling long-jumps needlessly hard if roll was mapped to X. And to do it in a run would require awkwardly holding two separate buttons.

Naw, I like it where it is.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

31. Posted:

It's not that different than making Fire Mario run.
Sure, it can be a pain at times, but I don't recall the DKC games having such small platforms that you don't have enough room to get started running.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WhereEaglesDare

32. Posted:

I loved 64, Jungle Beat, and Returns, still my favourite Nintendo franchise long after the days of Country 1,2, and 3

Edited on by WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gaymer

33. Posted:

Donkey Kong Country is the game that got me INTO gaming. I remember playing the 2nd and 3rd in the aftercare program of my elementary school when my parents were at work. I got a SNES when I was 5 and the rest is history...

2 is without a doubt the BESTT, and then I like 3 then 1 :p The music is what makes 2 great.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

34. Posted:

Spark_Of_Spirit wrote:

I don't, because it would make rolling long-jumps needlessly hard if roll was mapped to X. And to do it in a run would require awkwardly holding two separate buttons.
Naw, I like it where it is.

I never really made these rolling long-jumps. Played it wrong maybe? I just constantly held down Y and pretty much hoped I didn't roll off a platform. :D

KingMike wrote:

It's not that different than making Fire Mario run.
Sure, it can be a pain at times, but I don't recall the DKC games having such small platforms that you don't have enough room to get started running.

Except for the fact when you shoot a fireball with Mario you don't roll forward. :P

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

35. Posted:

i think i remeber beating DKC in little over 3 hours from start to finish i should try rechallenge my self someday lol

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Arcticbird

36. Posted:

Seriously, the Donkey Kong Country series on the Snes are the most incredible, awesome video games EVER MADE!

Then with DK64, it feels way more like a Banjo Extension. Which would be fine if they would have just made it Banjo Threeie.

Then with Jungle Beat, what is that? I never played it and the graphics may be good but WTF!???

Then with Returns....pleaseeeeeeeeeee.

Quick runner ups's as best video games of all time would of course have to be Super Mario rpg: Legend of the seven stars, Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Super Mario World, Super Mario world 2, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark & Starfox 64.

Plus the Super Mario Bros on the Nes series. Especially the 2nd & 3rd one.

Video games already started to suck with the GameCube...I never got a Wii but I did try the new Super Mario adventure on the Wii at someone's house recently and I hated it. Sucks BIG TIME!

And then on the newest Mario on WiiU...Hahaha! The video game designers are so un-creative that they had to use a Van Gouge painting for one of the stages backgrounds...

WiiU, I say FiiU! :)

Oh but my rant here is supposed to be about DK..so yeah, everything after the Snes series really has no magic left.

What? You say that you disagree with me? Don't worry about even giving a reply, because nearly everyone else would agree with you that I'm wrong. In fact, just forget that you ever read this post.

Edited on by Arcticbird

Who wants to play Mario kart 7? I use Daisy, yellow pipe kart with beast glider - 3DS FC - 1177 - 6428 - 4846

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

37. Posted:

So I just finished playing the Wii version of DK Jungle Beat and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Building huge combos to get so many bananas is so much fun. It doesn't feel like the Country games, but as its own game, it was quite good.

While going through the first DKC game on VC, I think I've died more than when I played the game as a kid. The barrel cannons are just killing me although I suspect it's due to my impatience....

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes