Forums

Topic: Why are people posting about Xbox, Gamecube, Playstation 2 stuff in the retro section?

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Tasuki

These systems are hardly retro. They dont belong in this section if anything they should be in the other gaming section. A game/console to be classified as retro came is 15 years or older. Just cause they stopped making said console or games doesn't automatically classify it as retro.

I have a 2007 Saturn SUV. GM stopped making Saturns last year does that classify my car as retro?

Do you how I would be laughed at if I took my Saturn to a retro car show and entered it in the show?

Yeah thats how stupid you people look posting Xbox and Gamecube stuff in a retro section.

I am not trying to upset people here or I am not calling anyone stupid but its kinda annoying to see stuff about Xbox and Gamecube in a retro secton when they arent even retro systems. Thats what the other gaming section is for.

/end rant.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Chrono_Cross

Um... hello? Why would the GameCube fit into other gaming when it's a Nintendo console? Not only that but this site doesnt have a "Last Gen" section forum.

And calling us stupid is stupid. Stupid.

EDIT: Plus comparing this "situation" to cars is a little out of hand. You can do better. Right?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Tasuki

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

And calling us stupid is stupid. Stupid.

I said I am not calling anyone Stupid. So I dont know why you just did. Stupid

So why would Gamecube fit in here when its not Retro?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Link245

Well, first of all, I think PS2/Xbox threads should be put in the Other Gaming section. Second of all, the Retro section is supposed to be for all Nintendo systems that are not current generation, so GC counts.

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Tasuki

Link245 wrote:

Well, first of all, I think PS2/Xbox threads should be put in the Other Gaming section. Second of all, the Retro section is supposed to be for all Nintendo systems that are not current generation, so GC counts.

Actually according to what the Mods have is that this section is for classic Nintendo consoles. Gamecube isnt a classic yet. Classic would be like the NES or SNES.

My Backlog

theblackdragon

I doubt you've noticed (or else you wouldn't have bothered ranting), but we at Nintendo Life regularly post reviews for GC games and general features about the GameCube under the 'retro' section of the main site. We can't do that and then attempt to force our users to post threads for legacy consoles in the 'Other Gaming' section — especially when the description for that particular section reads "Because we're not naive enough to think that Nintendo is the only gaming company out there." It's accepted that Other Gaming is for non-Nintendo console/game discussion and Retro is for non-current consoles. Sorry you don't like it, but them's the breaks.

Also, as the original Xbox and PS2 were from the same generation as the GC, I think it's fair for users to make the judgment call as to whether their threads properly fall under Retro or Other Gaming. PS3 and 360 discussion would absolutely fall under Other Gaming, however.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.