Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,801 to 7,820 of 8,552

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Well, I checked the list I just posted, and it does indeed say that "There is some severe artifacting on character sprites", so you are indeed out of luck with that title, but other titles that are backwards compatible run pretty well. I've got around 96 physical games, if I remember correctly, and all of them work, some with only minor glitches, but most run better than on the original console, due to the better hardware.

Perhaps you can still get it in digital form. That version was specific to the Xbox 360, meaning it didn't have any of these glitches. Unless of course you have a whole list of titles that you'd want to play, that are not backwards compatible, in which case it would be an option to use the money that you'll get from selling the second Xbox 360, to buy an original Xbox...

A good site for that, by the way, is Lukie Games. They may not always be the cheapest shop, but all their stuff is checked, refurbished and you get a money back guarantee.

http://www.lukiegames.com

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish That's another reason why I also posted the list from True Achievements. That actually IS a very reliable site, for all things concerning any Xbox you own. And they have an active user forum, which you can also use to find an answer to any other questions you might have.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX I checked the list from True Achievements, and MvC2 wasn't even on there. I don't know if that means it's not Xbox One compatible, it doesn't work well enough for them to have it on the list, or some other reason.

I usually get my games from a few retro stores in my area, they resurface their discs and if there's an issue I can just bring it back. Also they sometimes have great prices, I got MvC2 from one of them for $25, which is a lot less than it usually goes for.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Probably because of it having too many glitches. I do believe they only list games that run perfectly, or as near to it as possible.

As for retro stores (I assume you're responding to me mentioning Lukie Games), I meant to point that out to you as a good hardware address, not a games shop, although they do obviously have those as well.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX Normally $160 for an original Xbox, currently on sale for $120?! Sorry Lukie, think I'm gonna give that a pass

Buying one off of ebay probably isn't the best option here either, because those things are so dang big and heavy most listings have shipping prices of $20 or more.

Morpheel

At that point maybe just buy a one S on sale and hope the og xbox game is available for it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RedderRugfish

@Morpheel Nope, it's not compatible. And due to licensing issues, all digital versions have been delisted.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, well... like I said: they aren't the cheapest, but they are pretty damn good, and their guarantee and returns service is second to none. And buying hardware off of eBay is never a good idea, UNLESS it is from a reputable seller, that also has an actual (web) shop.

Shame about the digital version of MvC2 being delisted. Didn't know that. Then that must also have been the reason for True Achievements not having it on their list. Well, (besides buying an OG Xbox) that leaves you with only one option, then: JTagging your Xbox 360, aka softmodding it.

If you're up for those kinds of shenanigans, visit the Digiex forum at digiex.net

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX Probably just gonna buy an original. There's a few other games I want that apparently don't work well or at all on 360, and I've always been curious how that original giant controller felt.

The shops in my area sell them for about $40-60, which makes the Lukie price even more ridiculous.

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter There was never a "slim" OG X-BOX. There were several limited edition "clear" ones in various colors of translucent, but they were all extremely limited edition. The first two were for staffers and for employees at partner hardware companies. There was a smoke colored Japan launch one, only 50,000 were made. Then there were a few super limited translucent ones with only a few thousand made. Anything but a big black box for the OG machine would be pretty rare and probably expensive.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Hm, and how about the guarantee on them? Are they truly refurbished, or just cleaned on the outside and then sold? I know plenty of retro shops in my area, that only do the bare minimum, which is checking if the consoles work, if they actually run games, and then dust them off a bit to make them presentable.

Refurbishing is far superior to that, often times also meaning disc drives and hard drives are replaced/repaired, and cleaning isn't restricted to wiping the dust off of the outside casing...

I'd choose quality over cheaper any time, but ultimately, it's not my money, so make the choice that suits you best. As long as you don't regret it in the long run...

On a side note: if you're a handy fella, you could of course also do the refurbishing yourself. There's plenty of YouTube tutorials about that as well.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Depends on your definition of expensive. Lukie games used to have some of these special editions, and several of them didn't cost more than $150, the more expensive ones being the VERY rare editions, that they were selling for prices between $224.25 - $295.95. On average, I'd say those are actually pretty reasonable prices for limited or special editions of OG Xbox consoles, seeing as eBay prices for those often amount to 5 to 10 times as much as that.

https://www.lukiegames.com/xbox-systems

RedderRugfish

@ThanosReXXX I doubt they go through a full resurfacing process, but if needed, I'm no stranger to repairing disc drives, buying and reformatting IDE hard drives, and giving shells a full cleaning. No sense in paying someone else to do it for me, it also makes a fun little project.

On a related note, I've also heard that the clock capacitor on all but the latest models of original Xbox were low quality and will eventually leak acid and kill your motherboard if not dealt with.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, personally, I've never been that interested in limited edition consoles, or handhelds, and if I'd buy a retro console, I'd always want an original version anyway. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those Halo editions, though. Would probably be the only exception for me, ever. Unless a highly interesting and friendly-priced bundle comes along for any of the upcoming consoles...

@ReaderRagfish They won't resurface hard drives, almost no refurbishing company does that, at least not where it concerns game consoles, but they do replace hard drives and/or disc drives, either with completely new ones, or with drives coming from consoles in a far better condition than the one being refurbished.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah I also generally prefer the "normal" model...it's the one you see everywhere and thus the one you want when you don't have it. The exceptions to me have been the Scorpio Edition.....the black-to-gray gradient is just really slick looking, and the KH3 PS4 Pro which was also extremely tasteful and i have a soft spot for that series.

I don't think I've ever done limited editions on any others. Though I got a purple OG 3DS at one point that wasn't truly limited, but they didn't make them long.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Don't get me wrong, I do find some of these limited editions pretty interesting and/or beautiful, but besides basically always wanting to own the original model, I'm just not interested enough to pay the extra cash for them. And I'm also not much of a "I need x amount of copies of this or that console" kinda guy.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DarthNocturnal

Regarding MvC2, don't expect it to reappear anytime soon or become BC on XB1 (via the OG Xbox version or the 360 port). Legal issues and expired contracts and all that, last I checked.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

RedderRugfish

I have a week to return the game if needed, so my hope is to bring the disc to one of my local stores, ask to see the disc run on an original Xbox, and if it works buy the Xbox.

Problem is, none of them have any in stock right now, so I guess I'll be calling them every day until they do. Not like I've got anything better to do this week!

redd214

Xbox One X with an extra controller and NBA 2K19 is only $379 @ Walmart right now, decent deal!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic