Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,821 to 7,840 of 11,903

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia But in all seriousness: nowadays, even one gen ago, no matter what the product, is called vintage, when normally, vintage stuff used to be things from yesteryear, as in: from our grandparent's time. At the very least.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

@Morpheel I played Viva Piñata on Xbox One 100% and I liked it so much that I want to do the same with the sequel. The best thing is that I didn't expect it.

@BruceCM Monster Hunter World, Unravel, Forza Horizon 3 and 4... That is what I am currently playing on Xbox. It took me a while to get (almost) 100% on Watch Dogs but now I am free to play the next Assassin's Creed in my backlog, The Ezio Collection (2 and sequels). I have only played 1 and I loved it, more than Breath of the Wild that was the game that I played right before it.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX yeah i think it's wired too. Id say it's because a lot of young people are in the gaming world and to them the console that comes out when they're 17 is modern and the one that came out when they're 2 is like something from a forgotten a age... But, personally, even then, i never thought of snes as "old vintage console", i had it next to snes and thought of it as two different types of "nintendos" (back then a nintendo was just a common noun for a console... ). N64 felt shiny and newfangled and kinda "wrong" after that. Not until my pc era did the nes seem vintage... But then again, console cycles were shorter back then from nes to n64, 84 to 96 would be the span through only be 2 gens now.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Completely agreed. The first Viva Piñata game was definitely a pleasant surprise, indeed.

@NEStalgia Faster world, I guess. Yesterday's smart phone model is already a relic in many people's eyes nowadays, so with consoles and their multiple year life cycles, it's probably even worse. For me, anything with wood veneer is vintage, so it starts with tube TV's in fake wooden cabinets and Atari 2600's.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Grumblevolcano

Looking around the Forza forums, it looks like the Lego expansion barn find car will be available August 1st.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Is there any update on Halo Reach?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Think I'm on last part of Prologue of Witcher 2....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Second Halo Insider flight is Firefight based but no news yet on when it is.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Just finished Rose of Remembrance with Triss...

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

We're approaching Forza delisting month so naturally August Games With Gold includes the next Forza game to be delisted (Forza Motorsport 6):

Gears of War 4
Forza Motorsport 6
Torchlight
Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Grumblevolcano

BruceCM

Definitely get Lords of Shadow....

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Was planning to get both, anyway... @BlueOcean Might as well get that & try before I buy other 1

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Yep, Game Pass and Gold are great for trying games. Plus, 360 games are for you to keep forever so if you get Lords of Shadows with Gold you don't need to buy it because you are actually buying it for free when you get it with Gold.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Cool .... @BlueOcean; dunno anything about that Torchlight, might get it as it's free

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM

I don't know many 360 games either because I only had DS and Wii last generation so I watch the videos on https://majornelson.com (posted above) because they show the games in a decent way, not with a lot of hype but producing gameplay and explaining the basics; definitely not presented in a pessimistic way like @Grumblevolcano's posts.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic