Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,341 to 7,360 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Too late. Every sentence you say will forever end as a question.

I hate Soonyyyy? I don't really want a Plaaystatiooon? Forza is fuuun? I wish we could talk some more about traainns? I'm going to hurt NESTaalgiaaa?

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

I hate Soonyyyy? I don't really want a Plaaystatiooon? Forza is fuuun? I wish we could talk some more about traainns? I'm going to hurt NESTaalgiaaa?

Isn't that the YouTube accent?

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Pretty much. But it starts in Cali like most self-proclaimed stars

Every E3 drives me crazy because all these people get up on stage and sound like they're asking the audience questions. "So how's everybody doing toniiight? Today we'd like to show you Shooty Mans fifteeen? We spent six yeearrs with over 4500 man hours to bring you the most, detailed, most fast past, most realistic Shooty Mans eveerr?"

And then I remember it's L.A..........

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Don't make me upload a soundbyte, or snap my fingers...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I'm sorry, didn't you mean "Don't make me upload a soundbyyte? Or snap my fingerrrs?"

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

I guess kindly asking you to drop this rather lame joke won't have much effect, so I'm just going to take a leave of absence from this thread, and this discussion...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Only mildly. It misses a certain hermit, being tied to the railroad track beneath the trains...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX To be fair, the game would almost certainly crash right before your train gets to the hermit anyway....

It's a great sim...but it's a big buggy. Crashes, stalls, or completing objectives and it doesn't recognize you completed them so you have to restart. It's answers the question "what if Bethesda made a train sim...."

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Better stick to those Japanese sims, then. I remember having tried out one on the Dreamcast, many years ago. It didn't leave much of an impression on me, but what I do remember is that it was a really complete game, and it ran like clockwork. Even had a special train controller made for it.

redd214

Sorry to breakup the old men arguing about Pokémon convention ... But the Lego expansion is insanely fun so far a couple hours in. Would love a fully developed Lego Racer game with real vehicles!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I remembered the name: Densha De Go.

Kinda funny to see that guy struggle with the game, because of him not understanding Japanese...

And here's that special controller:

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I'll have to look for one of those. I love TSW, don't get me wrong, it gets a lot really right. But it has an odd emphasis on German railroads for a British game, and the XBox version of it is missing some of the big US stuff I'd want (the whole CSX freight pack is PC only, etc.) I'd love to see a sim with some Japanese rails....that's some fun stuff you never get to see much of.

Plus they done gots them there trains that have them Poe-keey-mons on 'em!

@redd214 How do you get into it, actually? I was thinking it launched yesterday and went looking for it, but obviously I had the day wrong. I still dont' see any expansions though even though I put a ton of time doing events, so I'm not sure what I have to do to unlock expansions.

Glad to year everything is awesome!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Glad you're enjoying it so far. If I would have already owned Forza Horizon 4, I probably would have bought it as well, seeing as I also own all the DLC for all the previous games in that series.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX That is incredibly awesome! Another case where DC was way ahead of it's time. The sim looks solid (LOL at the anime conductor though), and that controller looks like a blast! I'd love to see a modern take on that! Plenty of kanji in there I'm not familiar with, but I could get by mostly

Related slightly but was I the only one floored and thrilled to see MS Flight Sim return after a massive disappearance? That was THE game that fueled the PC peripheral market back 15, 20 years ago! And a console edition is icing on the cake!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Better get a translator with it, then. It's rather text-heavy, even though some English labels are used in-game, in the start menu. As for those controllers: no idea if you'll even be able to still get your hands on one, so it's either going to be retro-game shop or eBay, and on the latter, it's probably going to cost an arm and a leg...

ThanosReXXX

Densha De Go controller in action:

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Sadly I don't have a Dreamcast (I'd left the Sega wagon after 32x....) though it looks like there's PC (my PC currently isn't a gaming grade PC) and PS3 edition (I suppose I could dig it out, it's not hooked up.) Nothing on XBox of course. There was a DS edition somewhere but I doubt it's particularly good. I wonder if my Japanese arcade will get the new arcade edition? The controls on that should be even more amazing.

I still want that controller though

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Have you qualified for the Horizon Roster yet?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia There's similar controllers for the other versions as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densha_de_Go!

Seeing as the controller for the post-Dreamcast versions is USB, it'll work with any compatible device.
There's also a spiritual successor series, called Railfan.

And the games are not that demanding, so I'm pretty sure even the most bog-standard "every day use" PC could run them.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic