Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,361 to 7,380 of 7,763

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

It will be a terrible "wrapper" for the tech if all of the reviews say the singleplayer is fun but multiplayer sucks.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Well, that sounds like good news to me, because I'm not interested in multiplayer anyway.
I also played the previous two games on my own, and only on occasion, I played a bit of co-op with a good friend of mine, but other than that, no online games against/with people that I don't know.

By the way: agreed on the wrapper, and that was also my point, that they (apparently) somehow chose Crackdown to serve as a good example (in their eyes) for the new tech they want to show off, but perhaps, or apparently from most of the previews, it is doing the game itself more harm than good, so that's a real shame.

But regardless of all that, I'll still have plenty of fun with the single player campaign. Here's hoping it isn't too short...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

CanisWolfred

I'm just hoping the cloud-tech they're working on has nothing to do with the singleplayer...which it probably does, since any sensible company would've said "crap, let's wrap up what we can and either refocus the Multiplayer into a spin-off, or save it for Crackdown 4!" if the two were largely separate...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

Yeah I don't really care about the multiplayer either. And destructions stuff is hardly ever gonna make good gameplay. By its very nature it's unpredictable. Unpredictable stuff means it's hard to shape into fun gameplay.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy True, but it can be fun sometimes. The earlier Red Faction games actually managed to make it an added value, and I don't know if you've ever heard of a previous gen game called Fracture, which didn't exactly have a destruction mod, but it did feature environmental manipulation, and it worked well enough to also add to the game. Well, in my opinion at least.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I only played the one Red Faction game that had it. That was fun but it was still fairly superficial in how it affected gameplay.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy The PS2/GameCube game? But that was more or less my point. If it was fun, it still added to the game. It doesn't necessarily have to be of huge influence, as long as it isn't bad or disruptive, which would then of course be detrimental to the gameplay.

And in all fairness, it was one of the first games that implemented it, so I'm honestly not too surprised that it wasn't much more than a novelty. But it was still fun being able to go through walls, instead of having to walk all the way around them.

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I played the xbox 360 one. I think it was Guerilla.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Well, then there were obviously more Red Faction games that had the destruction mod, not just one.

Grumblevolcano

4 new achievements have been added to Forza Horizon 3 as the part of the final Forzathon which lasts for about 80 years (29,450 days left). The actual challenges listed ingame are wrong (those were last week's) but each one is worth 125G and is related to the number of races or skills you've done. It seems that skills lost by the rewind feature and losing combos count towards the total too.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

The Crackdown 3 review embargo should lift today. Not sure what time though.

Please be good. Just get over 75% and I'll be happy.

Edited on by Dezzy

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy I second that.

redd214

@Dezzy I believe there is some confusion. Some are saying that the embargo is lifting on the 11th, some say the 14th. Guess we will find out soon enough

I think it's going to review much like Sea of Thieves and State of Decay. Somewhere in the 60s initially. Don't think it will have trouble finding an audience though. Much like those 2 I see there being a strong community despite mediocre reviews.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Octane

How much is Crackdown 3? Sea of Thieves and State of Decay weren't €60 games IIRC.

Octane

redd214

@Octane Crackdown 3 is a full priced release. SoT was full price as well and SoD was $30. Unless you're a collector and absolutely demand having physical it doesn't make much sense as you could get 6 months or even a year of game pass for $60. I imagine retail physical sales will be pretty soft for Crackdown but they will push the unique users/concurrent players narrative (nothing wrong with that I might add)

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I thought SOT was €40, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Crackdown 3 is a weird one. I still don't see the appeal. It looks like a good game if it came out 15 years ago; but it's a bit... boring for a 2019 game I think. The infinite delays didn't help it either. If it was priced like State of Decay I could maybe see the appeal, but there's a lot of competition in the €60 price range.

Octane

redd214

@Octane yeah I'm with you. Spent a couple hours playing the mp demo and came away unimpressed. Some neat ideas but nothing that would make me want to play for extended time especially after playing the damn near flawless Titanfall 2 mp over the weekend. The much hyped destruction left a lot to be desired as well.

The single player looks like standard open world stuff. Go to this section of the map, unlock to "tower" clear out all the icons and move on to the next grayed out area. I'm sure it will have its fans though.

redd214

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

It looks like a good game if it came out 15 years ago; but it's a bit... boring for a 2019 game I think.

This makes no sense to me. Why does the fun level relate to the year in any way?
This argument only makes sense in terms of graphics for me.

Zuljaras

Guys, this Wednesday I will get my 3rd Xbox One X. Pray with me to RNGesus that it is a silent one.

Zuljaras

DarthNocturnal

Forza Horizon 4 Series 6 update livestream today at 10 AM PST.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic