Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,361 to 7,380 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Thanks

@Grumblevolcano TBH I don't know...back in Fall I was just doing all the events on the map I was finding, which of course keep growing, so I have no idea what I haven't and haven't unlocked

@ThanosReXXX cool info, thanks!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

So, I just noticed the Battletoads E3 trailer is getting utterly slammed. I was very surprised to see that, since I figured people were excited for the game, and they didn't announce anything like, making it a mobile runner game, or a gritty FPS reboot or whatever.

...but then I watched the trailer a couple times and realized it's really just a bad trailer. I found it difficult to parse anything from it, and I can see why the comments were filled with people who were angry over the art style, since that's more or less what they shove into your faces throughout without really showing much in context. They were trying to go for "90's attitude" and well, I'd argued it backfired. They really should've shown some gameplay so people get a better idea as to what it is - is it a modern interpretation, a faithful return to form with a new coat of paint, or something entirely different? The question feels like it was left up in the air, when it really shouldn't have.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperWeird

Anyone know how to access the Lego expansion in Forza? I bought the DLC, but the Lego Speed Challenge maps are all locked. Any idea how to unlock them?

SuperWeird

DarkRula

Just as I did with the main game - and Fortune Island as best as I could - I hunted down and three-starred all the PR stunts before getting to any [except one] races. The Speed Champions expansion is a lot of fun even having only been focused on the stunts. There's plenty of challenges to be getting stuck into, including some extras relating to the PR stunts, which I also polished off before ending the session.

@SuperWeird Depending on when you bought it, you'll need to update the expansion pack 2 data so it becomes the full Speed Champions data. Just go into the manage game data and it should say that it needs updating.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred I don't know, watching the trailer the only impression I got from it was "This is Battletoads", as in I expected an FF7R reimagining kind of disaster and instead got a modern rebuild of what looks like pure Battletoads Arcade from the 90's. Which is fine by me, so long as it's, you know, actually beatable this time.

I'm not sure how anyone that's actually familiar with the Battletoads of old could watch that trailer and not know exactly what the new game is, and be awed that they went for faithful 2.5D classic Battletoads. For people not familiar with the original, though, yeah, it's a mess of a trailer. But that doesn't seem to be the people complaining.

@BlueOcean I gave Banjo a spin yesterday....WOW that is so much easier to stomach now! It's still old textures and models but it feels sharp and fluid now. It could make me slightly nauseous before somehow between the nature of 90's 3D cameras and the ill defined everything. I kind of chugged through a map back in December and got stuck a few places. This time I breezed through all the puzzle pieces!

Do Kameo and Jet Pac get the enhancement too? I didn't see those in my updates list.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@BlueOcean I gave Banjo a spin yesterday....WOW that is so much easier to stomach now! It's still old textures and models but it feels sharp and fluid now. It could make me slightly nauseous before somehow between the nature of 90's 3D cameras and the ill defined everything. I kind of chugged through a map back in December and got stuck a few places. This time I breezed through all the puzzle pieces!

Yes, they look and play better than never before. The first game has a magnificent level design and more balanced gameplay than the more complicated Banjo-Tooie, but I love both games and now it's the best time to replay them. The third game is a completely different thing and once you accept that fact and learn how to build better vehicles to beat records it becomes a lot of fun.

NEStalgia wrote:

Do Kameo and Jet Pac get the enhancement too? I didn't see those in my updates list.

Yes, all the Rare 360 games do except Jetpac Refuelled which likely doesn't need it because it's a remake of a Spectrum game. The UHD and better performance make the other titles feel like remasters in spite of old textures and geometry. This is like a dream come true because these games were 720p until now! Now their visual quality match or surpass that of the older games in this wonderful collection.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You're welcome. Forgot to mention yesterday: I even found a page with an app, that allows you to bind keys for the controller on PC, so you can use it with other train sims as well, so that might also be something that interests you:

http://www.konkyu.net/DenGoControllerInterface.aspx

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

CanisWolfred

@NEStalgia I'll admit, I'm only vaguely familiar with the NES version of Battletoads, it always seemed like a game that was hard for all the wrong reasons. I absolutely hated the way the trailer was put together in terms of editing, but I guess that's just me. I guess I should be more surprised that people are upset by the art style change, it really doesn't look that bad compared to the old art style.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Banjo-

I think that people believe that the new Battletoads graphics are too cartoon. That wouldn't make the game bad anyway. The second problem is that the trailer was not very good at showing gameplay. It was more a TV spot. Then again, many fans hated The Wind Waker visuals when the game was revealed.

Banjo-

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "(admittedly kind of a weird label, since you'd have to at least have some intelligence, to be able to survive in college...")

Do you know what they call someone who gradates from medical school with a D average? Doctor.
Also - see school scandal. And "1 and done" sports athletes. And Bush W.

""what are YOU doing in the Xbox thread?"

Heck if I know.

I do owe you a reply to to your long comment elsewhere, waiting until I'm in a better mood. Quips are easy, serious talking is hard.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

@NEStalgia Thanos is going to, like, I dunno, snap you out of existence some day or something. 😂

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "The joke goes like this"

The joke actually goes like this:
Why don't you take a shower when there's a Pokemon around?
Because he'll take a Pikachu.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX ohh, neat, thanks!

@blueocean i think you're right but..... Wasnt the original entirely supposed to be cartoon as well? The entire thing was conceived as a direct competitor to TMNT, almost to the point of parody. Internet people confuse me.

@rjejr dawww so close, you forgot to end it a a question! Boo, Calians are just 4th generation Nuu Yawkas... You ought to be better at this...

There are some amazing x rated Pokemon jokes out there involving move names ........

NEStalgia

rjejr

@NEStalgia "There are some amazing x rated Pokemon jokes out there"

Well, you can tell me the jokes, but keep the deviant fan art to yourself.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

NEStalgia

@rjejr it's more fun to read a move list, cross reference it with a name list, and realize the jokes as you do Its one of those "once your see it" phenomenon.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Well, the original games were 8-bit games, right? 8-bit is basically pixel art. The new one looks like a tacky modern cartoon. I mean, I didn't particularly disliked the trailer and the final game might be great. The internet reacts too much and too early with every single game reveal that it's not Mario or Zelda. If it's Breath of the Wild people start saying "OMG, it's the most beautiful and wonderful game ever!" since the first second of the first trailer even if the graphics don't look great except perhaps the lighting. At least this is what happened here on Nintendo Life's E3 chat.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Eel

No Zelda game has ever received backlash for its graphic style or art direction.

Ever.

Aw

I go unearth my xbox live gold trial card from when I bought the system, ONLY because I noticed Portal was one of the free games, and it won't let me get it for free!

It tries to charge me even though it says it should be free on the previous screen.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Banjo-

@Morpheel You don't remember properly then. Lots of fans did. How old were you back then anyway?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Gerald

@Morpheel I was going to say Wind Waker got a bit of a backlash when it was first shown, @redd214 beat me to it

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic