Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,341 to 4,360 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@redd214 still not showing in the us. Their live chat is never up, and their 24 hour email has yet to reply... . I fear ill have to wait for gray market amazon importers..... Something sony seems to prohibit 3rd party us controllers. Hori has the same "not in the us!" Issue. Nacon and scuff are allowed, and xbox has no such trouble. Its so weird.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I liked the "iffy" Quantum Break more than many Sony exclusives. What you are saying is totally subjective, so I don't think that PS4 exclusives are better than Microsoft's. Probably the main Sony exclusives come from Naughty Dog and are Uncharted and The Last of Us and, in spite of AAA visuals and AAA voice acting I don't think that they are so good as games.

You listed third-party games as exclusives, as I said it's sad that some are not available on Xbox but they are coming, like Nier Automata. It seems that you like those Japanese single-player games and I can understand that, but I wouldn't be playing all of them even if I had the time and money and, honestly, don't feel like using the PS4 controller more than what is strictly necessary.

I can find any genre on Xbox, I am looking forward to a sequel to Super Lucky's Tale that is more ambitious and something like Fable 4, but in the meantime I have plenty of things to play. If I want a Japanese single-player game I'll probably look at something like Final Fantasy or Resident Evil, if I want a Western single-player I'll play Red Dead Redemption 2 and Halo. I don't need to play absolutely everything unless it's something I can't live without like Resident Evil.

So yes, once again, the three consoles have nice exclusives, nobody denied that, but Nintendo's get a lot of hype and acclaim always: Best Mario ever, Best The Legend of Zelda ever, best Mario Kart ever... Sony exactly the same with their exclusives except for one, Knack 3. Microsoft exclusives are much more undervalued but that doesn't make them any worse: Halo, Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves, Super Lucky's Tale, Ori, Gears, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, etc.

Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Anyway, enough with all this Sony BS. I've no desire to be in the PS4 fan thread, I'm here for all the great Xbox games...

@NEStalgia Above, continue the Sony BS on the PS4 fan thread or PushSquare, please. This has become a pointless loop.

PureXbox was finished, this is the last Xbox lair, the only Xbox place on NL. Don't turn it into a PushSquare thingy.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

redd214 wrote:

What is with you two posting novels for every comment, sheesh lol.

Anyways, any of you all have an experience with the Brook Accessory convertors?

http://www.brookaccessory.com/Super%20Converters/list.html

Specifically would be using it for a racing wheel not just controllers. Been reading a bit about them wanted to see if anyone had 1st hand exp.

I bought one for using a SFV fighting stick on Xbox One and it works flawlessly, you can use it wirelessly or wired, obviously for fighting sticks and driving wheels you are going to use it wired. I have seen other brands that are cheaper or that are compatible with more consoles (Brook has a model for each console) but I bought Brook because it was recommended and no problems this far. The mapping is automatic but you can change anything if you want so.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Pichuka97

Hello all. Looking to add a few people to play some 360 games. It's been to long since I had a great round or two online with my 360 and I wanted to revisit certain games. Specifically Halo 3-4 and Cod Ghosts, Advanced Warefare, and maybe even Blops3. Anyone down to join, let me know gamertag is in my bio. Happy gaming c:

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal I was expecting XII to come soon because it was a recent release on PS4 and months later had a Windows version, but the more the better. I hope they release the others too, at least VIII and XIII? XI and XIV no because they are MMORPGs. VII Remake will be a timed-exclusive, I think.

Banjo-

link3710

@BlueOcean Yeah, people have been saying that about the FF and KH games forever. Does that mean we might finally see 1.5+2.5 come over? (To both XB1 and Switch preferably so everyone can play them)

Edited on by link3710

link3710

redd214

@BlueOcean thank you for your answer, I appreciate it, will probably be ordering one here soon!

redd214

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I'm going to put my Thanos pedantic hat on for a moment simply because I dislike being called out on false context

You make me sound like a "Sony Pony" fanboy or something. I'm not. My point is all the consoles are good and I can't really decide which I like most, however like we discussed I love the XBox controllers most, prefer their digital ecosystem most, and, maybe just on account of the graphics of the X, have more games for XBox overall, standardized all my fighters on XBox with a Razer Atrox, and have re-purchased many 3rd parties I'd bought on PS4 prior to having the X on the X, leaving really just the exclusives on PS. Yet...I still love my PS4 too, and it feels special each time I use it.

My point of the list wasn't that Sony has "better" exclusives, my point was that they have more across a wider diversity and that that's a key challenge for XBox, as backed up by their weaker sales and public stereotyping of it. It wasn't a Sony Post, it was an XBox post (though I also was challenging Thanos's staunch XBox fanboy, anti-Sony stance as well )

I do agree the PS4, and Pro are dog ugly. "The Eraser" is just sad. X1 is pretty Fun fact, 1S is white largely to try to push it in Japan. Didn't work though.

Speaking of which, of course i like Japanese single player games. I don't really do multiplayer outside coop. This is a Nintendo forum....not liking that would be the oddity here, Mr. FF7!

I wouldn't say Naughty Dog is the main Sony producer these days. That's the same kind of Stereotype of "Xbox only has Halo!". In the PS3 years that was true. But it's really pretty diverse now, and some of their best (Insomniac, FROM, etc being multiplat developers.) Also, yeah I know Neir Automata isn't exclusive considering I bought it on a PS4 sale and then 3 weeks later found out it was coming to X1....so I re-bought it on X and commented that it looks so much better than on the Pro to the point I think the Pro version is broken ) I was copying/editing an old pre-E3 list I had for organizing my games into folders That one snuck past my edits of things that changed.

Quantum Break: It's definitely flawed. I like it, but I can't put it top tier. It's an experiment, certainly, and I'm not sure it went over well in general. But it's enjoyable for what it is, and I'm glad it exists, but it's definitely not an A-lister.

"PushSquare" Not just no, but heeeeeeck no!

FF: Yeah yeah yea I'm pretty stunned. Those games for some reason never left Sony for 20 years. Now suddenly they're on all platforms? Meanwhile Last Remnant gets removed from PC and moved to Sony exclusive.......and KH3 jumps to XBox while 1&2 stay fixed on Sony, and Switch gets a watered down mobile version of a game designed for Vita & PS3. I will never, ever understand Square.

I will admit, as much as I disdain the Dualshock, something about playing FF on a different controller feels wrong. If there's any series at all I identify as the very feeling of a Playstation it's old FF. I have mixed thoughts about rebuying, but....no graphics advantage to non-Switch consoles. Switch wins there.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I'm so confused. I'm talking about the entire Final Fantasy series. In an XBox thread on a Nintendo forum. This.....feels.....something isn't right......Who are you people? What are you doing to me?!?!

Type 0 I was so turned off by the half hour plus intro showcasing the suffering of death. Heavy themes are important but iti's a video game. At some point it's supposed to become fun.....

8 has vanished into the memory hole. It wasn't actually really good technically, but still it's weird it's so forgotten.

I at least want to see 13 trilogy go BC....I seriously thought the 2 sequels already were. You burst my bubble.

12, yeah I played partway through the PS2 release. Never saw Zodiac so that's all new. And people praise X. I like it but can never get myself to finish it for some reason. 7 and 9 keep you glued. 8 and 10 kind of lost my interest after a while. Somehow 13 kept me glued even though it was terrible.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I watched it on a Surface Pro with Edge. So there! I mean there's more WiiU owners than Edge users!

At this point we should just merge the PS4 and X1 threads. They talk mostly about the same games now. It can be the "The Second Consoles Thread" For those crazy enough to think they have time for consoles other than Switch....

To be fair everything FF feels off. But Type 0 felt really off. I mean it was a PSP game remastered so some of it will be wonky, but I don't think the wonky parts are related to it's handheld pedigree. The half hour plus of watching someone slowly die, alone, talking to a bird as his closest friend, before even pressing a button kind of sets the mood for "why am I spending any of my time on this? I don't remember seeing Kojima's name on the box...." Then you get into this fast paced action RPG and you're in this depressed mood...and then it has very weird mechanics. And is dressed all in shades of brown (who said that's a Western trait?)

There's some fair bet that 8 gets the remaster treatment like 7. But I do find it intersting that 7 on Switch/XB gets more fanfare than 7-R. Probably for good reason. But I don't know...8 just fanished off a cliff. It's never mentioned or discussed, it's glossed over in fanservice (WoFF, KH.) It's the forgotten FF, though 13 is joining it. The fact that PS4 doesn't have it is striking. Yeah they may remaster 13. But if they do it will be quite a while off with the huge dump of FF happening in 2019. It could also be a PS exclusive, like 7-R. But I'm wondering, given this dump, if suddenly the bromance between Sony and S-E has broken down somehow.....it's weird. They held their water for 2 decades and then in one instant open almost all of it at once.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 It's probably an age thing (the giant text walls)...
That, and not wanting to be misunderstood, and as such, using a lot of words to make abundantly clear what you mean...

Now watch out, 'cause here comes another one...

NEStalgia wrote:

@ThanosReXXX It's like we don't even know each other anymore! sobs

Ah, you'll get over it. Have a marshmallow on me...

Aww, only 4-5 games on that list you like? Dang that backlog is crushing me And that's my least populated console! But many of those games are at the top of my list! And I'm surprised no WipEout for you as an F-Zero fan and all!

WipEout ain't no F-Zero, it doesn't even come close. Totally different mechanics in more ways than one.
Entertaining games in their own right, and I liked the classic ones (got 'em on PC and N64), but I'm not a huge fan of the entire series.

And yeah I'm sure I missed a bunch from both platforms So many "timed exclusives" too. I never know Psycho Pass was a timed exclusive. It was a freebie on PS+ a few months back which is the first I'd heard of it (kind of a cool Japanese visual novel though.)

That's the beauty of the list I posted: it has all kinds of filters at the top, that you can apply to make those distinctions.

And Psycho Pass? No man, it's just called Game Pass, and it's really not all that crazy...
(how's that for cleverly steering the train back onto the actual forum topic's rails, huh?)

Oh man iRacing and Assetto Corsa. Never played one but the mental image in my head is of a blinking LED $2000 PC, and $5000 worth of custom wheels, pedals, shiftboxes, and force feedback chairs....

Don't forget to go all the way with a hydraulic platform with a car body on it, to put the chair in, and 360 degrees worth of screens...

@BlueOcean Thanks, and agreed on your criticism of the video. He did own up to where that came from, though: his annoyance at the design not clearly showing (in his opinion) where to insert the disc in the console.

Now, that may sound ridiculous, but I actually have experienced the same thing with my LG Bluray recorder. That too, has this groove/slit running across the entire length of the device, and it's always a bit of a guess where the middle of the drive slot is, so a disc can be inserted correctly. Nowadays, I'm used to that, but in the beginning, I found it rather annoying, to say the least. It's better than a tray, because in general, internal drive mechanisms last longer than ejecting ones, but still...

Oh, and agreed VERY much on Microsoft's exclusives: there may be less of them, but the ones that they DO have, are of a VERY high quality and substance. Wouldn't want to have missed out on them, and I'm very glad that I didn't.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, and calling ME pedantic? Now where's my Infinity glove thingy? Insolent Earthlings...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal dissidia has hackneyed dual shocks in the arcade. I'm guessing it's largely Sony funded in one way or another. It's sonys pokken. Unfortunately

@ThanosReXXX lol! And, after the hydraulic lov lift, it might be cheaper to just bu buy the real Ferrari.....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia If I had the money (and the floor space), I'd definitely go for that full package, though. I've seen one in action once, and a YouTuber who's name currently eludes me, made a video report on playing Project CARS in a full-on simulator like that, and it made quite the impression on me. (which was before I knew about all the bugs the game had, and before they lost all my respect by putting the supposedly already half-developed Wii U version in the shredder)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX if you had the money you dream of a hydraulic simulator rather than dreaming of the real deal Ferrari. We sure do dream big these days...

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia If I had the money to buy and install a simulator in my home, I would still be a VERY long way off from being able to buy a real Ferrari. And besides then being limited to only one car, I'd also have to take care of the rather hefty parking zone fee over here, which is €4,75 an hour, all day, every day. People can apply for their own parking permit, but that can take up to a year before you get one, and in the mean time, you'd still have to park your car somewhere, which will cost you an arm and a leg while waiting for that permit...

Even if I would have been a millionaire, I'd still consider that to be a huge waste of money.

Let that sink in for a bit...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX somehow i think if you could afford a Ferrari you wouldn't be worried slo about that. . Daydreaming about the simulator i suppose it's adequate. Now back to luxury vehicles closer to our real budgets:

Untitled

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, you'd be wrong, AGAIN. You really do need to get better at guessing "what would ThanosReXXX do", because as it stands now, you'd never even get past the first round of the game, or maybe not even past the preliminaries...

Like I said: even if I actually WAS a millionaire, or generously rich, I'd still think it's a waste of money. Not because I wouldn't be able to afford it, but simply because I'm VERY aware of useless spending of money, whether that is in large or in small amounts.

Just imagine that I'd indeed had to wait a year for a parking permit, and I had to park my car in front of my apartment building: that would cost me around €41.610, which is an insane amount of money to pay for parking in any sane person's book, no matter which way you look at it.

And let's be honest: who in their right mind likes to give any city or government any amount of his or her own, hard-earned cash?

I'd rather spend it on something actually useful or beneficial to myself...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic