Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,021 to 10,040 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@Dezzy For Switch, I don't know if it shows you games that you bought but never downloaded. Anything you never downloaded at all I think you have to go into the redownload page of the eShop, but any game you've downloaded at least once, instead of selecting delete, press + and select to archive it. It deletes the game but leaves the icon in your library with the cloud download icon over it.

Edit: For PS4 one of the tabs on the "all games" page or whatever the name is is one that shows all games, purchased and downloaded, together. For X1, I'm not positive there's a similar page or not. Surprising if not, but you can also just toggle between the two tabs with the bumpers that shows your downloaded and not downloaded ones, so it's all still in the same interface.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Banjo-

Microsoft has just confirmed that Series S will run the Xbox One S version of the backwards compatible games. However, they will be presented with improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR.

Still, more than what Nintendo offers in their full-priced "remasters" 🤣.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Where have they commented on it?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano "If the rumoured price for the memory cards ends up true, Series S and Series X will probably be the new PS Vita."

No, PS5 has the same problem but worse. Only 825GB internally, and the even "more" bleeding edge expansion is very likely to cost even more than the slightly lower tech XB cards.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

NEStalgia wrote:

@Grumblevolcano "If the rumoured price for the memory cards ends up true, Series S and Series X will probably be the new PS Vita."

No, PS5 has the same problem but worse. Only 825GB internally, and the even "more" bleeding edge expansion is very likely to cost even more than the slightly lower tech XB cards.

PS5 might be the new PS Vita, Grumble. Well, no, because Mark Cerny stated that 825GB will be enough for gamers.

Banjo-

BruceCM

While most here seem to be saying it probably won't be .... Unfortunately, people seem to like having quite a few games on their system at a time!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

instead of selecting delete, press + and select to archive it. It deletes the game but leaves the icon in your library with the cloud download icon over it.

I wasn't aware that's what archive meant on the Switch. I thought it was like compressing it into a smaller and unplayable format or something?

A bit annoying that they only asked them 1 question. They should've asked if enhancements are coming to Series S for backwards compatible, which they heavily imply but haven't said explicitly.

Edited on by Dezzy

Banjo-

I think that the fact that Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backwards compatible games is related to the HD philosophy behind Series S. As I posted earlier, Series S has 10GB, 8GB of GDDR6 memory for the GPU and Xbox One X has 12GB, 9GB of GDDR5 for the GPU. That's 1GB less on Series S but it also has a better CPU, GPU, Velocity architecture and faster memory. My opinion is that they just want to market Series S as an HD/QuadHD (1440p) machine, even for backwards compatibility.

Dezzy wrote:

A bit annoying that they only asked them 1 question. They should've asked if enhancements are coming to Series S for backwards compatible, which they heavily imply but haven't said explicitly.

You mean Series X, right? Yes, that was exactly my same complaint on Pure Xbox.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia @BlueOcean Pretty sure the 825GB Mark Cerny mentioned was for available space, a 1TB SSD that has 175GB unavailable because of stuff like the OS. For example the 500GB XB1 only has 365GB available space.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

No I mean the Series S. My hope is that they'll offer specific enhancements that allow all Xbox and X360 games to be rendered at 1440p. (60fps would be great too, but that's more of a technical challenge so I don't necessarily expect it)

That's why I was hoping the One X enhancements were maybe just coded to use the console's max resolution and they'd seamlessly work on the Series S but would target 1440p instead of 4K. I guess that's not the case though.

Edited on by Dezzy

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Nope, the SSD size is 825GB and he said that it's a magic number all things considered and enough for gamers.

The PlayStation 5 will feature an unusual 825GB SSD, which is an annoying compromise between performance, capacity, and price.

Sony said during its dull PS5 hardware event that the 825GB custom drive fits well with the hardware, and is enough to satisfy the storage needs of gamers.

Sony also said it had to account for costs when developing the PS5 SSD, but did not reveal the console’s price.

https://bgr.com/2020/03/19/ps5-reveal-825gb-ssd-a-compromise-...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano maybe, maybe not. It's been unclear. Either way it's the same terrible limitation on both consoles. And 1tb expansion is almost certain to cost more than XSeXs. There's no Vita here. They all suck.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Maybe by magic number they mean "enough less space than xbox that gamers won't be able to tolerate not buying another $300 ssd by 2Q21 to recoup the massive subsidy on the overdesigned console by FY21"

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ralizah good news. The ps fanboys gave landed, and the phrase "butthurt fangirls" has been uttered. You can join purexbox now and not feel self conscious spoiling the mood!

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean Magic number probably means the largest size they could give without making the console extremely expensive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

825 GB is very unusual mathematically number.
If you turn into fraction counting it will be 825/1000 or 33/40
I wonder if 825 spelled in Japan, same case with Konami has their signature number 573 (5 = Go but spelled Ko, 7 = Nana but spelled Na, 3 = Mi because Mi in Katakana looks like 3 in Kanji)

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

I love this page of the thread 😂.

Banjo-

Ralizah

If it's a simple matter to transfer games back and forth from an HDD to an SDD, I think that'll be the optimal solution for me. Although I'll probably just juggle hard drive space anyway. Never fully understood people needing to horde all of their downloads.

I guess it helps that Call of Duty will never grace my hard drive.

@NEStalgia I'm feeling pretty good about Xbox since the Series S reveal. Still wish the thing had a bluray drive, but I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a preorder.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic