Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney Thread

Posts 121 to 123 of 123

Fizza

Just spent the past 3-4 hours fully completing Case 1 of Apollo Justice and hoo BOY have I got some thoughts.

• Turnabout Trump is honestly a pretty wild first case in the same way that Turnabout Memories was for T&T. Setting up this potentially massive over-arching mystery with quite frankly some of the most surprising and shocking twists and turns I've seen so far in the series made going through it for the first time one hell of an experience.
  • The new characters are all really cool so far! Apollo is on the verge of a mental breakdown at every opportunity and I absolutely love him as a result (he's just like me fr), Kristoph is a shocking and effective twist on the mentor archetype established in previous AA games and Olga Orly is one hell of a bad b**** (affectionately). And don't even get me STARTED on Phoenix and how fascinated I am in seeing how on earth he ended up the way he is, not to mention how he seems to be operating as a sort of anti-hero (or at least one with dubious morals)? Especially with how the dude literally FORGED EVIDENCE TO CONVICT SOMEONE LIKE HOLY HELL MAN WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU
  • The bump in sprite quality between this and the AA Trilogy is honestly astounding. I didn't think the Trilogy sprites looked bad per se, but they look infinitely less appealing after seeing how much care and effort was put into enhancing the sprites and adapting them for HD viewing and the end result is absolutely magnificent.
  • THE MUSIC IS SO F***ING GOOD YOU GUYS OH MY GOD. I've always heard AJ be praised as having some of the finest tunes in the series and even just from the first case I can totally see why; tracks like Cross Examination (Moderato + Allegro), Pursuit and Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials are all so incredible and I can already see myself jamming out to them for years to come.

I probably won't be able to continue to Case 2 and onwards for the next two weeks due to exams fast approaching but I absolutely can't wait to carry on once I do find the time down the line! (especially given how I still haven't really ran into either Trucy or Klavier yet who are most likely going to be some of my favourite characters in the whole series if I'm honest).

also yes: I lost my marbles when this line popped up XD
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

I just beat first case in Apollo Justice this evening.

Pretty engrossing. I was hooked on Great AA Chronicles for a while, and this package is just as good. I love Story Mode. Sometimes I'm stuck, like I picked the wrong pic even though it showed same thing, and only had 1 try left. I just activate story mode and let it ride for anything I'm unsure of. Very enjoyable that way.

We now have 8 Ace Attorney games on Switch, all physical releases too. That's rad.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

StarPoint

@JaxonH I’m very happy with the state of Ace Attorney right now. Even though it’s been nearly 8 years (!!!) since we’ve gotten a brand new game, Capcom has done so much work with localization and porting that it almost makes up for it.

Now we really only need the Investigations games and maybe Layton Vs, and we’re completely caught up. I really hope that means we’re getting a brand new game soon.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic