Posts 621 to 640 of 2,631

Kholdstare

@drobot i wanna try the new version!

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

Tsuchinoko

@Warioswoods Haha, ok yeah, the game is hard, but amazing. I'm serious you make some of the best games out there. My only thing is, is there a way to give more time to the player? i know some games are longer than others. i feel like if i had a few more seconds, i could win this one more often.

BTW, my record so far is 13, so this game is hard, but not impossible. it feels like a game you win by close observation and instinct. Like if you can use a combination of the numbers of the structions in relation to how far away the robot is (if the robot is close to the x, it couldn't have been a 1-4 mistake), and also around where in the 4 moved it started to go off course. Great job!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

jhill109

@warioswoods - just added your Wii FC.

Wii Console 3837-8658-8567-9296
Tetris Party 232119064366
Dr. Mario Online Rx 5243-5614-6012
Onslaught 0774-9766-5694
Water Warefare 1892-2081-1872
Bomberman Blast 2621-9632-8749
Pool Revolution Cue Sports 2149-5168-3583
TV Show King 2 5457-0273-0940
Exc...

warioswoods

@Tsuchinoko

The time limit is definitely what kills that one; unfortunately, it's already set to the max allowed time. Originally, it was even more difficult: my first build just showed the robot and goal locations, then made you get all four switches correct and hit GO to execute. That was impossible to sort out in the time, so I came up with the idea that the robot should only have 1 incorrect instruction, show you his current path, and then let you pick which part was incorrect (it took forever to make that work, because I had to set the switches to reach whatever randomized goal location, then change one of the 4 randomly, show you the path, and reset the robot again). It's much more fun this way, but still too difficult.

However, you can figure it out every time if you think of it this way: (1) is the robot incorrectly positioned horizontally or vertically -- now your options are cut in half -- and then (2), how many spaces away? You don't even need to think about directions at that point, because the distance between the options on each direction is different. In other words, if he's to the left 3 spaces, you know it's either the left or right instruction that is incorrect; so, you see that the left instructions are 3 moves apart (1 & 4), and that has to be the answer (the options for right are 2 & 3, so that could only affect the robot by one space if changed). If you follow that thought process, you'll be able to win up to very fast speeds.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Kholdstare

I wanna try that game 2!

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

Tsuchinoko

Its amazing, and i think you made a good decision with the choice to only have 1 incorrect option. Do you have other games besides this one and the original four you sent out? I think you're really good at the programming part of the game, and it seems like your games were what this software was meant for. you should really enter contests.

tronner

Ok, finally finished add everyone who put the code here! ;o tomorrow will add people on the wii ;D
ADD ME PEOPLE!!! 5156 - 5315 - 4730 Tronner

4909-7388-6203-0454 - wii code
5156 - 5315 - 4730 - DIY code
"Welcome to my country, and to my unit"

Game in progress: Bomberman?!? Accepting ideas! ;D

Tsuchinoko

@Tronner why not just have your Wii and DS console and game friend codes in your signature?

warioswoods

@Tsuchinoko

Thanks again for the praise . Given my career--where I work heavily with numbers and programming--it was the scripting part of the game that enticed me from the start. I wish I could draw original artwork like some of the others here, but we each have out different talents I suppose. I do think it would benefit me, though, to simplify and stop pursuing my crazier visions. The cookie-cutter game and the eye-follow game are my favorites that I've done, and in both those cases I conceived, designed, and programmed the game in about an hour. I need to learn from others here and keep it a bit simpler, instead of seeing how far I can push it with schematics on paper.

The ones I sent you are the only decent complete games I have (I have various "test" or prototype games where I just see if X or Y can actually be done). I probably won't be creating much for about a week, as I'm leaving tonight for a conference on the other side of the country. Although, then again, it's a conference on statistical analysis software, so all that discussion of code during the day might just inspire me to put something together at night in the hotel, ha.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

tronner

Im new to the forum, just sign for this topic ;D ill do it latter when i change the pic and get the wii code too ^^

Radixxs

I got this game last week, and it's awesome. I've only had the time to make one game, and I'm currently making a few to enter the E3 contest. I may decide to post my FC here, because some of the games talked about on this thread seem pretty cool. I plan on becoming a game designer and/or journalist, so this game is amazing for me.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Tsuchinoko

@Warioswoods well, if you ever want honest feedback on something you're testing out, you can always sent unfinished stuff my way. I'm in nothing technical like you (i'm a creative writing major, haha, currently writing a play) but i think i can offer honest feedback. I would like to think i have good ideas about things sometimes.

Some advice though: don't be afraid of your crazier, more overly-ambitious projects. The robot one is amazing i think. No complaints here

studlyduffman

ok Ive added everyone here who has a diy code:
" DaVeMaN99, Zelda_Guy, bboy2970, itsmeyouidiot, invmat, turtlelink, DF2506, Mike3P, mark3, mpy443, kellykel, drobot45, jwdjwd, Stuffgamer1, lz2010, DarthMurdock, moco loco, wariofart, clinker, sonic_brawler95, Momiji, Odnetnin, SunGecko, wiiqwertyuiop, lombax42. BellGoRiiing. kelso, warioswoods, Sheepdog14, PowerGlitch, lunchmeats101, hylianhalcyon, Hyperstar96, GabeGreens: Ace Attorney, wiichamp425 , Snookman , aneotoena , art92, tronner "

Mine's in my sig below. Feel free to offer any criticism to my games.

Warioware DIY Friend Code: 4125-7599-6832

Tsuchinoko

@jhill109 I just sent you some stuffs

tronner

here goes my showcase number 4909-7388-6203-0454
already put everyone who post the wiinumber on the forum ;D send me stuff =D

DF2506

Added Duff and Tronner.

@drobot45. I played your Lost Vikings game. Wow! THAT was very cool. Best microgame yet, imo.

DF2506

Tsuchinoko

@tronner you do the same then

@drobot45 just wondering, can you produce an updated version with the portraits but WITHOUT the "victory" poses? I would umm, rather they just keep walking...

drobot45

@Tsuchinoko Heh. Yea I could. I was just being silly. Though I do want them to have victory poses, but they won't have goofy heads on.
@DF2506 Thanks!

Edited on by drobot45

-Warioware D.I.Y. friend code------

3996 - 9064 - 7056

-Wii friend code [DIY Showcase]--

8244 - 0103 - 2275 - 1056

Storm_Owl

I liked the SMB3 Micro game

This account is dead move along please.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.