Forums

Topic: What 5 games must Nintendo launch the NX with?

Posts 121 to 140 of 286

Rumorlife

3D Mario (Mario 64 style) I've always thought this and before Mario 3D World came out I thought that's what the WiiU was gonna get.
Zelda (NOT Zelda U or a remake or side game, a new one)
Pokemon RPG/Colosseum (thats too much to ask)
Metroid
Paper Mario. I think an RPG would help a lot, I liked Super Paper Mario and that was one of my first Wii games.

Let's face it though, you can't expect more than maybe 2, first party games at the initial launch that will be a major series. Chances of a Zelda AND Mario game at the same time are also slim. They'll fill the gaps with lesser known or exciting series. Excitiebike NX or Pilotwings NX. Maybe "Nintendoland 2"? Also toss in new game or two that we'll forget about once a year or two have passed by.

Rumorlife

GLA

Mario Kart
Zelda
Metroid
Splatoon 2
Wave Race 3

GLA

Geonjaha

None. They can launch it with anything and people will still buy it.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

SuperAndrew2401

:How to make millions at launch:
Mario 64 Type of Game
Zelda Wii U/NX
Pikmin 4
3rd Party Exclusive
NBA2K17
NFL 17
NHL 17
Fifa 17
Dragon Quest 11
Dragon Quest 10
An HD Remake (Super Metroid, Donkey Kong 64, F-Zero GX plz)

SuperAndrew2401

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9770-7682 | Nintendo Network ID: andrewb | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

SuperAndrew2401 wrote:

:How to make millions at launch:
Mario 64 Type of Game
Zelda Wii U/NX
Pikmin 4
3rd Party Exclusive
NBA2K17
NFL 17
NHL 17
Fifa 17
Dragon Quest 11
Dragon Quest 10
An HD Remake (Super Metroid, Donkey Kong 64, F-Zero GX plz)

>Pikmin 4
>Millions

LOL

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DekuOnion

I don't know about 5 specific games, but having a free game right out of the box would be great. I really enjoyed Wii Sports and was a game I otherwise wouldn't have purchased. I'm thinking it should be a free game that uses Mii's, has online play, and showcases any new features the NX has.

Currently Playing: SMITE, ROTTR, Halo 5: Guardians (XB1), Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (3DS)

DefHalan

DekuOnion wrote:

I don't know about 5 specific games, but having a free game right out of the box would be great. I really enjoyed Wii Sports and was a game I otherwise wouldn't have purchased. I'm thinking it should be a free game that uses Mii's, has online play, and showcases any new features the NX has.

Nontendo Land 2, with Online Multiplayer

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Looking at some of these lists, I dread to think about what the following year would look like. Why in the world would Nintendo launch will all their big guns at once?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LaVelle

Nintendoland equivalent
Minecraft
AAA sports and FPS titles (and general 3rd party support)
Super Mario Universe (new 3D franchise)
Donkey Kong Country: Reptile Rampage (2D follow up to Returns series - with K Rool / Kremlins returning)
Zelda NX
New Monster Hunter or a nice big JRPG with an expansive campaign

• A far more expansive virtual console with cross-buy discounts on Ninty's backcatalogue

That's not 5 things but it's the stuff that would make me buy one at launch. Funnily enough, the most important stuff for me is making their backcatalogue available. If they're able to do that at an affordable cost and allow me to redownload across generations - I'd buy one just so I can have a 'Nintendo' machine (I tend to only keep one console per gen and not keep old ones).

Edited on by LaVelle

LaVelle

GrailUK

I just hope the console sells over 100 million units so everyone wants to put their back catalogues on the virtual console!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

LzWinky

Launch with the new virtual console with the same games all over again

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iflywright

ZELDA
ARKHAM KNIGHT
METROID
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT
PILOT WINGS NX

iflywright

iflywright

And I would love to play GTA 5 with a gamepad

iflywright

CrazyOtto

Geonjaha wrote:

None. They can launch it with anything and people will still buy it.

Not guaranteed, that's why the 3DS had a rocky 2011.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

MarkyVigoroth

1) An INNOVATIVE 2D game of the Super Mario Bros series (The New! Super Mario Bros series was an extremely successful series, but the games essentially rehashed old worlds. Where was the innovation in worlds that even the Super Mario Land series had?)
2) An arcade-RPG 2D game of The Legend of Zelda series, whether the gameplay follows the first or second games (The original series combined both arcade gameplay and RPG gameplay in such an organic combination; the games ended up making a new genre. The sequel made those two sources more obvious, therefore being quite different yet the same. By the way, Sigeru must let Eizi leave the series and make the games Eizi truly wants to make. Eizi never wanted to be in charge of the series in the 1st place. You can see this in the way the games he touched were so different.)
3) A new sports IP that would attract adults
4) A new IP that would attract females
5) A new IP that attracts other neglected members of the potential gamers.

Actually, I like Bowser AND hairy bellies!

At_Lazuli

-Zelda Wii U/NX
-New REAL 3D Mario collectathon game
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-GTA VI
-Animal Crossing NX
Its probs gonna be a launch day purchase for me but having all of these games at launch would take the cake

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

1. New Super Mario Bros NX
2. Mario Party 11
3. Animal Crossing NX
4. NX Sports
5. NintendoWorld (sequel to NintendoLand)

Yeah, that seems like a good list lol

6. Tomodachi Life NX (With connectivity to Miitomo)

There we go, the perfect list lol

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dezzy

Zelda U
Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid Prime 4
Final Fantasy XV
Fire Emblem game

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Not_Soos

1.) Super Mario platformer (be it 2D or 3D)
2.) The Legend of Zelda
3.) At least one game from a slightly lesser franchise such as Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Splatoon, etc.
4.) A bundled game that shows off the system's unique capabilities, like Wii Sports and Nintendo Land. Preferably a "Nintendo World," as others have mentioned, with amiibo being used to unlock new attractions in a similar vein to Disney Infinit.
5.) A Mario spin-off title, such as Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Party, or a Mario sports game

Not_Soos

Switch Friend Code: SW-0365-3043-2731 | 3DS Friend Code: 2836-0531-4472 | My Nintendo: Aaron | Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr | Twitter:

Blast

This is what they need to do...
2 mind blowing 1st party games
2 3rd party EXCLUSIVES to NX
1 3rd party like Kingdom Hearts 3 or something.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.