Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 15,210

martinskrtel37

when a threads tone is dictated by a 14 year old meme lover you know it's destined for all-time greatness

anyway, the latest gamexplain video - that got mentioned here, right?? - where they stretch all possibilities and go into great speculation is pretty cool and finally got me hyped about something, because i felt there was something in half the things they said. i love the idea of living and exploring in the land, potentially setting up camp, hunting for food. the idea of a new weapons system similar to link between worlds where perhaps you borrow heavy weapons for certain occasions and have your necessary tools with you all the time. i have some hope this can be a great modern zelda.

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

keife191

SpookyMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

I can't tell if you're actually this out-of-touch or you're deliberately being offensive.

Considering that's like the second google image search result for "racist black stereotype" I'm gonna go with 'sarcastic for rhetorical effect.'

It's insensitive, and surprising coming from you. To even think to compare Ghirahim to second wave KKK era propaganda is brazenly offensive.

You may as well have dropped the N-bomb.

i havent seen the cartoon, but going off the picture.... its a black guy eating chicken. now forgive me if im wrong, but black people are known for liking chicken and grape flavored drinks. stereotypical yes, but to people who havent seen the propaganda before, not necessarily racist.

keife191

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

I'm almost sure Mexican is a nationality, not a race.

And yet it's still racist, because that's how stereotypes work.

SpookyMeths wrote:

It's insensitive, and surprising coming from you. To even think to compare Ghirahim to second wave KKK era propaganda is brazenly offensive.

Comparing different examples of discrimination is offensive because... whyyyyy? That's, like, a metaphor or some something. Y'know, rhetorical devices shouldn't be offensive unless they're actually trying to be offensive. It's American Thanksgiving today—now that's offensive.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

@keife191: It's not just that, but also the exaggerated features (large lips, missing teeth). It's touchy at the least.

@Morpheel: Yeah, sorry, you're right.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eel

Whatever. Now please, let's stop.

This is the internet and this sort of discussion can get out of hand really easily.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

keife191

Morpheel wrote:

Whatever. Now please, let's stop.

This is the internet and this sort of discussion can get out of hand really easily.

nope now i disagree, you're mean

Edited on by keife191

keife191

-Green-

So something that always caught my eye when I looked at this version of Link is how unique and different he looks from the other Links (at least to me he does). He looks really cool; I wonder how old he actually is.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

SO DEATH MOUNTAIN SURE HAS A LOT OF LAVA ON IT NOW, NOW DOESN'T IT, HUHHHHHH???

Death' Mountain's not racist, right? It's just a geologic feature and the happy gorons live there with their happy—

Edited on by Haru17

Nicolai

@keife191: Nah, he was right to do what he needs to do. He is a mod, it's his responsibility.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

keife191

Aromaiden wrote:

So something that always caught my eye when I looked at this version of Link is how unique and different he looks from the other Links (at least to me he does). He looks really cool; I wonder how old he actually is.

probably the same as all links, 16-18, since that is their target audience afterall, and link is meant to be the "link" between the player and the game

keife191

keife191

Nicolai wrote:

@keife191: Nah, he was right to do what he needs to do. He is a mod, it's his responsibility.

except that im specifically the target, and my post wasnt bad.

keife191

Haru17

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Link so I sent you the link to the missing link between Link and you so now you can link to Link while you link to Link.

Nicolai

@keife191: My post got deleted too. Just because a post gets deleted doesn't mean you're a victim. Sometimes it means that the thread as a whole can't handle it.

Got married.

keife191

Haru17 wrote:

SO DEATH MOUNTAIN SURE HAS A LOT OF LAVA ON IT NOW, NOW DOESN'T IT, HUHHHHHH???

Death' Mountain's not racist, right? It's just a geologic feature and the happy gorons live there with their happy—

everything can be seen as racist, or sexist, or homophobic, its all perception, and some people search for those things so they can feel justified in expressing their hate

keife191

keife191

Nicolai wrote:

@keife191: My post got deleted too. Just because a post gets deleted doesn't mean you're a victim. Sometimes it means that the thread as a whole can't handle it.

i guess, just sucks when it happens

keife191

Haru17

We're all victims here #NotAllVictims

Eel

@keife191: your post was pretty insensitive. If you have a problem seeing how it would be insensitive, well, we don't really need to discuss it here (and by that I meant we won't).

However, no, you're not the main target. Or something.

Anyway, yes this link looks pretty unique. And no Haru, lava is not racist.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

And no Haru, lava is not racist.

<3

-Green-

Haru17 wrote:

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Link so I sent you the link to the missing link between Link and you so now you can link to Link while you link to Link.

That hurt my head...

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic