Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,381 to 6,400 of 11,402

Anti-Matter

Magician wrote:

The Unicorn Princess is open to preorder from Play-Asia.

$50 for a pony simulator from one of my least favorite publishers, BigBen?

No sir, no thank you.

Hm...
Looks interesting somehow for me. 🙂
Gonna keep my eyes on it.

Anti-Matter

Spoggers95

What's going to be the next biggest (new) hit then?

Spoggers95

Anti-Matter

I think i don't need biggest hit or AAA games for most peoples.
I just need something matched with my genuine interest, doesn't matter the games are hidden gems / not so popular / quirky.

Anti-Matter

Paraka

@Solomon18 - Yeah, just me verbalizing my frustration, helps re-evaluate my strategy. Sometimes other perspectives help if offered, but I wanted to share knowing some have their own troubles with limited print companies.

@Spoggers95 - This all entails on what you perceive as a hit. One can already argue Astral Chain is a hit.

Paraka

Magician

Spoggers95 wrote:

What's going to be the next biggest (new) hit then?

Daemon X Machina on the 13th may be a surprise hit like Astral Chain.

We'll have to see how well it's received.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

can I play the first game without a download in regards to the spyro trilogy? thanks

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

@Paraka I have the same prob with redart. it never processes but when I refresh the page the payment has been approved. and speaking of redart still no word on Gekido (was delayed until 30 Aug) ..hoping for an update soon

yeayeanaynay

Paraka

@Solomon18 - 1) Spyro is unplayable without download. A friend confirmed this alone since he has been a huge fan of it. Discount watch it goes.

2) I am not too terribly worried of that just yet. At least with RedArt they've had some consistency with delivering their product.

Paraka

@Paraka Oh hey, Spyro came out. I know you need a download, but are all the permissions on the cart, like Banner Saga? And is the physical release the same across all regions? I ask because I noticed the UK box doesn't have the download box splashed across the front.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Paraka

@Avatar40k - Neither region has the download banner plastered everywhere, it is now much more subtle. Every region is the same unless they make a SEA one down the line.

On top of that, Activision wants you online to accept a license agreement... for a single player game.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

yeayeanaynay

@Paraka really? I read the first game is playable n the other 2 are downloads. retail shops are advertising the same thing.

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

I contacted retail who then went to there supplier about spyro n they said the first game is on the cart along with a couple of stages from 2 & 3 while the rest needs to be downloaded. so not "unplayable without download" @paraka

yeayeanaynay

Anti-Matter

Spyro Trilogy should be published by Bandai Namco for South East Asia and Japan region, so All 3 games will be fit in 1 cartridge with size 32GB. 😉

Anti-Matter

Paraka

@Solomon18 - We attempted directly, started it with mine and it still tell you it requires a download AFTER you get online to accept the license agreement.

Paraka

yeayeanaynay

@Paraka that totally sux. the info I received must have been taken from the ps4 version. reddit users are starting to confirm the bad news. will report it to my daughter who will be gutted.

yeayeanaynay

Paraka

@Solomon18 - I just tried it for myself, so the game "starts" without the update but demands you to go online for the license agreement. Once you go online, it requires the update and updates accordingly. Trying to bypass it leads you in circles.

Paraka

Paraka

@Solomon18 - It's basically forcing your right to play the game in their hands. They don't have to worry about their games being backwards compatible to a Switch 2, PS5 or otherwise when the new system doesn't support your missing piece. Sell you Spyro again for 30 bucks with new 18k technology, oooOoooOoOOooh.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

yeayeanaynay

@Paraka there alienating a large portion of there buyers. I wont be buying it n I'm sure many more wont because of this so I don't see how all this is generating sales for them if anything they losing buyers. I feel sorry for people finding out after the purchase cause none of this is made clear.

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Into the Dead 2 is open to preorder on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XH2TSHR

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is open to preorder at Best Buy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-...

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive is open to preorder at Best Buy. (Ooooofff…$60, ouch. Should have been $40.)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-...

Assassin's Creed: Rebel Collection is open to preorder at Best Buy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/assassins-creed-the-rebel-collec...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic