Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,063

subpopz

@Ralizah I'm pretty sure we do need the code for the Piranha. Physical owners have to register their copy for it, but digital buyers don't need to do anything and the email gets sent out automatically (within 10 days it did say for this).

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

link3710

@Ralizah I dunno, I agree about 4 missing something. The gameplay wasn't as addictive as melee, the modes weren't as good as Brawl. It's the one that drew me in the least as well, and I put probably over a thousand hours into Brawl+Melee, while under a hundred in Smash 4. Ultimate will definitely be another huge one for me, I can already tell. The game is just so much more fun without basically any landing lag every time you hit the ground. Plus, World of Light is way more fun than any mode in Wii U.

link3710

NEStalgia

@Ralizah IIRC with Mario Tennis, the extra coins didn't show up right away either. You still need the code for the Pirhanna. I pre-ordered the first few days it was up for pre-order and got the code a few days later and entered it. It's entered in the store as a code for purchased DLC.

Nah, wasn't tired of WiiU, that was still the early days and the best was ahead of it. I think I just yawned at Smash 4 and returned to Hyrule Heroes, and then Twilight Princess HD. XCX and TMS#FE (Best RPG ever!) and Splatoon (my addiction for a full year, unlike Smash4) were still on the way at that point. I was miffed though because with the controllers it was an expensive game!

@link3710 Yeah it's hard to put a finger on what was wrong with it, but....it was just kinda "there."

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Glad I asked about that code. Apparently it has just been sitting in my spam folder since last month!

Ralizah

RDBC1983

Damn this game looks so good in handheld mode!

RDBC1983

subpopz

@Ralizah Just got my Piranha code as well. Still no bonus gold points though.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

SuperWeird

Why are the Mii fighters a pixelated fuzzy mess? Why aren't they 1080p like the rest of the character models? They look really bad on screen when you win a match and they show the Mii fighter image vs your opponent. Hideous graphics.

I actually think the artwork in general could be more refined. Some of the character models look like they recently stepped out an N64 game, see DK for example. Compared to Tropical Freeze he looks pretty bad.

SuperWeird

JackEatsSparrows

Just played some with Ganondorf. OMG he walks slower but he can sure pack a wallop!!

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SwitchForce

@subpopz so how did you register your game just doing the Switch coin registration is that all it takes? I look for instructions but it's not straight forward.

SwitchForce

NEStalgia

@Ralizah lol, yeah, it think mine had gone to spam as well.

@SuperWeird if i were to guess, the mii models are the original Wii models since they're generated on the fly. I don't imagine they could redo the entire mii engine just for smash, but removing them would mean everyone wasnt here.

NEStalgia

SwitchForce

So to register for the Piranha Plant Code you just do the "My Nintendo Rewards Program" and that should be all you do to verify and get the code to your registered email on your Nintendo account?

SwitchForce

PolarExperience

@SwitchForce Yes, all you need to do is go to My Nintendo Rewards section by pressing +, redeem the gold points, and wait for the email.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, classic rock, and some other things: https://soundcloud.com/polar-experience/sets/nani

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

SwitchForce

PolarExperience wrote:

@SwitchForce Yes, all you need to do is go to My Nintendo Rewards section by pressing +, redeem the gold points, and wait for the email.

The wait for 10 days is a smashing killer.....

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Miggitym

Maybe a dumb question but how do you fight when the ground is lava? I can’t land anywhere when the platforms are lava without getting launched.

Miggitym

link3710

@Miggitym Lots of aerial attacks. You need to keep your opponent up on the platforms and off the ground.

link3710

Ralizah

So... is it just me, or is Curry Charizard the hardest thing anyone else has ever encountered in a video game? Seriously, I can barely even damage the stupid thing!

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

SwitchForce

You guys are Smashing already...ugh.

SwitchForce

PolarExperience

Been playing for about 4 hours and only have 23 fighters. This is going to take forever

Edited on by PolarExperience

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, classic rock, and some other things: https://soundcloud.com/polar-experience/sets/nani

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic