Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 2,747

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I'd watch that (if you ever need anyone for (multiplayer) content I'm here lol)

dysgraphia awareness human

Sisilly_G

How I wish I could transfer my gorgeous shiny Mewtwo from Sword to Let’s Go Eevee so that I can bask in the majesty of his Mega forms...

I’d be more tempted to shiny hunt again if HOME support was guaranteed from day one for Scarlet/Violet, but they’ll likely take 6 months again like they did with BDSP.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Eel

Oh wow. I was playing, chaining dratinis, when suddenly a warning about the system overheating came up and the switch went to sleep.

I checked and literally it’s like 50 degrees Celsius. That’s crazy! I had never had that happen before, but to have it happen with Let’s Go, of all games, it is kinda unnerving.

(This is my OG model switch, the one I use docked)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Woo, 244 was the magic number!

Doing this hunt I learned that Dratini is not one for second chances. Basically all of them begin their “about to run away” animation (the hiss/head shake) after a single failed attempt. So even though I really wanted it on the Premier Ball, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I might continue the chain a bit further to try and get one in the premier ball.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

@Eel : And here I thought you were going to throw a Master Ball at it.

I prefer catching all of my shinies in Premier Balls too, but I think I've made a handful of exceptions (Onix springs to mind).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Fizza

I grinded for 6 hours straight last night but at last.... I managed to get the Shiny Charm before heading out on my trip today.

(I'll add the image here when I get back)

This was probably one of the more fun dex's to complete out of the ones I have done simply due to both the catching mechanics working really well with that goal in mind and the dex itself being quite small (only the original 151 besides Mew). That being said, some of the Pokemon I had to get were extremely annoying to grab, particularly Hitmonlee for being a Special Spawn in only one floor of Victory Road, Clefable for being a 1% encounter at one level of Mt. Moon (I'm starting to notice a pattern) and Mewtwo. Mewtwo's a special case in the sense that he wasn't hard to find (he literally floats in the center of Cerulean Cave), but rather HOLY **** MY TEAM IS IMMEDIATELY DEAD. I had to grind 8 levels off of the wild Chansey above (which further illustrated my belief that Chansey is one of the best, most pure and wonderful Pokemon..... in anything but the main series games because it jus WOULDN'T. STAY. IN. THE. DAMN. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL) just to have a chance of beating him. However, once I did, I Master Ball'd that demon into oblivion and went to go grab my prize. I plan on going for either Voltorb, Horsea or Farfetch'd on my trip today and hopefully I can find one relatively quickly now. It only took me 24 attempts to find a shiny Rattata without the Charm so maybe? Hopefully? Please?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

Hah I just used Pokémon Go to fill in the blanks on my dex. I think that’s what I did for the missing hitmon too.

Congrats on the shiny too! Charizard is a great shiny.

@Silly_G haha I don’t think I have one yet in this file. But at the current combo, an ultra ball might as well be the master ball.

Yeah I do prefer the premier balls for shinies, but I didn’t want to risk it running away. 😅

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

@Eel : Definitely not. I would only use a Premier Ball on a green-ringed encounter... and maybe on a yellow if I'm feeling lucky.

Fizza

Hoo boy did a LOT happen to me with this game whilst I was on my trip (by the way, hello! I'm back!).

I had a mission before setting out on my trip: to find at least one shiny in Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. I had grinded for 6 hours straight the previous night just to get my Shiny Charm beforehand so that way I'd have the highest odds possible. And thus, midway through my journey, I whipped it out and started to hunt. I had 2 targets I really wanted to nab: Voltorb or Horsea. I wanted something thematic to golf as a shiny and white-ish ball and something known for shooting into the air filled my quota perfectly. I attempt Voltorb first and, after countless failed combos due to both it's constant moving around and annoyingly frequent tendency to flee, I gave up (FOR NOW) and moved onto Horsea. After getting to a high enough chain without any issues (apart from one extremely close call with me being within literal frames of it running away before getting the hell out of there), I decided to just wait and see what popped up. After about 1 hour, I noticed something sparkling to my left just offscreen. I hurriedly run over to it.... only for it to be a bloody shiny Tentacool.... something I already have in PLA..... sigh.
Untitled
I didn't have Tentacruel though, so I caught it, named it Sutenko and evolved it and, I've gotta say: I love those golden tentacles.
Untitled
However, whilst I was still happy with my Tentacruel, I really wanted to get something other than something I'd already had before. So, when I got to the home we were staying in, I started up a catch combo for Caterpie, thinking that since they were so easy to catch, it should be easy. Fast forward 3 hours later and I had..... nothing. Not a single sparkle whatsoever. I could've continued it but between the time getting a bit too late for my liking and the downright horrendous lag of Viridian Forest when a Lure is up, much like the Voltorb before it, it was another hunt I gave up the ghost on. 2 days later (aka TODAY), I decided to start up a quick hunt for a shiny Mankey (a shiny I am a gigantic fan of purely because it reminds me of mint Aero balls) just outside of Cerulean City just to have it ready for the car journey ahead. Less than 5 minutes later, it pops up out of NOWHERE.
Untitled
I didn't even have a catch combo of 10 mind you, let alone 11!

After that high, I felt absolutely unstoppable so I decided that the next one I would go for would be one I've been planning to do since getting LGPE: Slowpoke. I may not like the shiny, but I have a shiny Galarian Slowbro in Shield, I had to have the matching pair. And, after getting to a combo of 49, my beautiful slightly lighter hued Slowpoke appeared.
Untitled
(it barely changes but I don't care)

In summary: I get terrible luck with the stuff I want but the most random spur of the moment decisions reap the most benefits (mostly).

Fizza

@Eel Yeah you could say that.
Untitled
Untitled
I may have a problem.

Eel

Phew. With a final chain of 704, I finally have 3 shiny dratinis. Two of them in premier balls.

Thats enough for a full set, so I’ll leave the chain there.

Edit: a random shiny Zubat helped me break the chain! Thats so nice!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fizza

Well. It was bound to happen eventually.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I'm not complaining since this is actually my first shiny Chansey but it still kind of stings when I really wanted a Grimer.

Kermit1doesmath

I've given up shiny hunting for now, it burns me out and the rewards for hunting are really cool but not 30 hours cool.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

I put all my Pokemon into HOME and I have deleted my save data. I want to play the game again before S&V comes out.

Kermit1doesmath

u@Eel I deleted my save because I want to be able to keep any shinys I get. None of my profies have accounts attached to them besides my main one.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

SViper

I bought the game quite some time ago, but only made the save it self (just spawned into the game and saved) for in-game rewards in SwSh/BDSP/PL:A. xD
And let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish in Pokémon games: https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino...
There was Portuguese/Brazilian-Portuguese movement as well, bet it was movement aka # and such as, so don't remember how help for that one, because I not # and tweeter person that much.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic